Y don't we discuss PS in parts?
  • Hai all !
    There r many objectives in PS which r to b discussed.I think we can start it freshly from the first part.O.K ,let the interesting sessions in ur point of view in the I-part can be said !
    I expect all of ur very exciting responses!
    With best,
    MBSwetha
  • Hai,

This would be nice.
    ok...
    In the first part the introduction of Vandhiyadevan is very nice.
    The scene of VD and kundavai is fantastic.
    Aazhvarkadiyan fight with 3 people and his ottran velai .....i like it very much.....
  • Dear Swetha
    That was a very interesting thought...

There are a few of our freinds who believe there isnt much in PS and
    Kalkis works for us to discuss forever...

The most interesting bits in the first bagam???
    The whole bagam is interesting...

Most Hilarious....

Vandhiyadevan hitting his head in the pokisha nilavarai and ppunching
    the thoon and then laughing at his foolishness and laughing with pain...

Vandhiyadevan and Nandhini meeting in the Rajapattai...

And ofcourse Vandhiyadevans veera samharam or dead mudalai...
  • hai,

swetha neega mundinteenga. i thought of posting this after i complete my exams.

first i felt too bored to read the Vandiyadevan arrival on the horse[ this is my first big tamil novel and still not yet completed], but later when kalki started describing the adi 'padinetam peruku' and arrival of 'periya phazuvetaraiyar' really impressed me bcos i have went many times to kollidam years before[ the most dry place now].

i liked the healthy comedy Amarar Kalki has given to each scene.

Vandiyadevans horse running on the streets bcos of phazuvur verargal,
    Azvarkadiyans mask whome i never expected to be a ottran,
    Azvarkadiyans way of spying in 'pallipadai' , escaping from Ravidasan and others thrilled me a lot.
    Vandiyadevan various yukthies to enter 'kadambore maligai' and 'tanjavore maligai' and escaping from Nandini which i describe stronger than 'tanjavore madil suvaru',
    his way of using the 'Velakarar Padai' to escape
    the skeleton that scares Vandiyadevan in nilavarai,
    the dialog given by vandiyadevan that i like the most is that which he says to nandini when he is called by the girl thinking that he was ravi dasan --- Vandiyadevan says ' indapen ennai enna ketal teriyuma "nee neethana" endru kettal'
    the other one is that is changes "Abaayam" [danger] to "abayam" to 'chinna pazuvetaraiyar'
    his way of getting his surukupai that he lost
    Kundavais description really inspired me, her determination, her brain and each and every thing she does needs a whole 5 parts for me to write just abt her in 1st and 2nd part.
    vaanadi is also equally ammazing. i loved the friendship bt them
    Nandini she is wonderful. if she would have been on a positive side she would have won the readers heart solely than kundavai---- her way of watching into others mind and taking steps accordingly is great. in fact i would describe Nandini's position as "The difficulties faced by a women in mans profession".
    Poonguzali -- atleast i have words to write abt Kundavai but for her, words have to be found for the vibrations that i have in my mind. in fact to say i want to be like her. such a daring character
    the way Poonguzali saves Vandiyadevan from phazuvur attal is what i enjoyed the most.

the end of point dosent mean it has ended. it is bcos i dont wanna make it too lengthy. each and every character has inspired me which includes Ravidasan, devaran, devarati[the kuravai koothu awesome], somansambavan and the pulavargai who reads the poem written by 'Sundara cholar' itself.

sridevi
  • Hi,

This is really exiciting discussionThanks swetha.My Experience in Part-1

1.I am excited the way kalki narrates about vandiya devan meeting
    with Nandini as well as Kundavai.

2.I like the way kalki narrates about kurravai koothu.If anybody can
    give more details abt kuravai koothu,I am gladful to you guys.

3.I like the way poongulali was introduced.Her song too.

4.All Azvarkadiyans Activities.
  • Hai,

I studied only the first part inPS.
    I'm in a eager to study remaining parts.
    Since i'm in mumbai I don't know where the book will available.
    could help me in this
    regads
    prasanna

Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partneronline.
  • hai prasanna,

if u wanna read the book on net http://www.chennainetwork.com/a/ebooks/ponniyinselvan.html this would help u. if u wanna pdf format i can help in sending but the problem is some of the content at the end of a few 'adyayams' are missing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters