>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
  • Ha - I wanted to prepare a map - ie Rama's entry to Tamilnadu to Rameswaram. You have done that.

But while completing the series, we will summarise and according to Thevaaram references, we may have to change the route.
  • Dear Fryend,

The map has some missing features.

The river Kavery has 5 trributaries.

1. Hemavathi 2. Kabini in mysore state, joining Kavery before Sivasamudram.
    3. Bhavani, 4. Noyyel, 5. Amaravathi, in Tamilnadu, before Karur.

Sathyaputhras are also Chera clan.
    Kerala this word was british mispronounciation. So it should also be Cheras or Cheralas. and Mahishaga.

Any way you have undertaken a tough task. Wish you well.

VKR

Sir, why don't you give some dtails  about names like,
  • Sir,

Is it Thirukoviloor jambai?

S.M.Tamilselvam
  • There is an interest term that describes the way people will locate their culture into mythological stories, also their geography into the same stories. Hence we have this big Rama trip to Lanka.

Some scholars 'believe', yes it is all matter of belief, that Lanka was just across the river in the North India. The Lanka is not the same as the current Sri Lanka.

Anybody remember that term or concept? Anyways, at least Ramayanam unites us all in some way...that is the role of our itihasas and puranams. They are geo-neutral {copy right me :-) } The puranas do not necessarily include history, but offer us wisdom and lessons. And that is the purpose of them, right? Geography, history and truth are pushed to the back burner.
  • In my work, i am not debatingon this. My scope is as it was in pre 12th C.
    Appar and Sambandar versions will be used to map
    I will not use anyting (puranas) that is not dated clearly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters