BOOK REVIEW - SEMBIYAN THAMIZAVEL BY C. SENTHAMIZSSEAI.
  • Dear Members

One of the best historical tamil novel, I have read. So for 300+ historical novel read by me. The story is based on the "thenindhiya kalvettukkal thoguthi3, enn 89. Written in Sangaththamiz and the Story Play (Screen Play) is very good.

The story is based on the title sembiyan thamizavel usually given by the chola king to chola high level people. Where as it has given to Serar ministry in command " Vikkiyannan" who helped Vijayalaya to re-built the Chola Kingdom.

Total pages are 301 and the price is Rs.60. Available at "SEYAGAM, 49, DURAISAMI NAGAR, KADALUR - 607 001"

I wrote to the address and unfortunately I have not received any reply. But the book is available at all chennai based govt libraries.

The base of the story is also loaded in the files area.
  • Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for the review. This only way to revive the group back. Each silent member coming back becoming active. I will follow you way and try to post an article within a day or two.

Please other members also come out of your silence and start posting something that might interest other readers.

Thank you once more sir. Expecting more reviews from you!
  • Very nice. thanks dear sundarkrishnan.

regards/ sps
  • VAIRAM

VENKAT

VIJAY ..

alphabetical.. ??!!

Very nice.

greetings / sps
  • The nexus between cholas and Gangas is one area which has not been researched very well.

The relationship was at its peak aditya parantaka period. Even kodumbalur princes married ganga princesses. Epigraphical references available.

Then one war changed everything. The entire course of history. The Thakkolam war.

Vikkiannan alias sembiyan tamizhvel was a ganga prince - son of Prithivipathi II of the famous "PS Pallippadai"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters