• Dear PNMS,

request put a Summary on PALLAVAS - known details - to begin with - from Maa Rasamanickanar's PALLAVA VARALARU.

Am sure you might have read VICHITRA CHITHAN - re Mahendra I - by our dear Dhivakar / Vizag.

Am sure you might have known that Pallava dynasty is inscribed in Kailasanathar temple - Kanchi (Periya Katrali !)..

We had had discussions on Pallava copperplates - Mahendra kudavaraigal what not.. though NOT as extensively as on Cholas.

Let us begin with Simhavishnu ... Pls write.

Let me attempt a small beginning ::

" Jithath Sihma Vishnu ... thanja haraha .. "

Inscription found on Rockfort, Trichy.

Here - in Lalithanguasa Pallavagraham - Mahendra - Hindu - calls Siva as Gunabara - Mahendra's Jain name !!

The oft-discussed Ganges (?? won't leave ?? ) fearing Siva may fall in love with Cauvery - sanskrit verse - figures here only.

pls continue...

anbudan /

sps
  • SPS Sir

Thank you for your fine suggestions. I really enjoyed reading the post on the strategy for invading the north. I will follow up after thinking about your ideas and suggestions carefully.

Adiyen has the later edition of Maa Raasamanickanar's 1944 magum opus on the Pallavas. And also his book on Saiva Samaya Valarchi.

Adiyen also has an old copy of Dr C Minakshi's Administration and Social Life under the Pallavas, and TV Mahalingam's Kancheepuram and its historical setting.

Actually adiyen's area of these was Hindu influences on Cambodia (Kambojam) and Java. I think the Pallavas played a big civilising role in these places.

Thank you

Adiyan

PNMS
  • >
    > Actually adiyen's area of these was Hindu influences on Cambodia (Kambojam) and Java. I think the Pallavas played a big civilising role in these places.

> PNMS

then you missed a fine pp presentation by nagaswamy sir last week

sps, myself, vj and muruganandam attended. unfortunately we constituted roughly a quarter of the audience.

what fascinated me ( thanks to vijay first) was the predominance of karikal ammaiyar statues in cambodia. as far as i know the karaikal ammaiyar cult is only in tamil lands. which goes on to say the predominance of tamil influence on cambodian sculpture. nagaswamy sir said there were many such places with karaikal ammaiyar under shiva

venketesh
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
  • Isn't the word 'civilising' a little misplaced? Westerners, typically the Imperial Colonists had used the term with regards to what they did to people that belonged to different culture and faith.
  • Dear Venkat,

We will organise a similar power point for our Group members say in Jan or so.

regards/ sps
  • http://www.google.co.in/search?q=History+of+Pallavas&hl=en&sa=G&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=ds0xS5_tK5Xk7APJ06GgDA&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=11&ved=0CCwQ5wIwCg

Was looking at this link - google search.

Look at the sources ::

9th Standard Text book etc.

I think - adequate authentic details on PALLAVAS not avl in Net.

regards / sps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters