time i thought some background of the

member adds strength.

Pallava Nambi

Mark Sargunam ...

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm ...........!!

i leave it to you.

Dear PNMS,

you can drop that Sir and pranams too.

I am not too sure whether I see the projectile of the discussion leading towards ..

In the direction of glorifying Pallavas ?

Re Ganga Jalam : I will post a repost..

May be it should help others too realise,

whether Rajendra - whith large army -

went to Gangages to bring a Sombu of Ganga Jalam !

sps
  • Adiyen is in early 40s and married with 2 kids. I am working in an administrative/managerial position. My first degree was in Arts and I have done some post-graduate studies in South Asian history. I am currently studying Sanskrit (but I dont think I am any good yet!). I have a deep and abiding love for Tamil hitorical novels - Sriman Kalki's Sivagamiyin Sabatham the first novel I read.

Pallava Nambi is my pseudonym in which I try to write stories/poems etc. I am Christian but I love Thevaram, Thirumurai and Divya Prabandam.

Can Adiyen say this for once: I think Mamannar Raja Rajan and Rajendrar were both very charismatic kings. I am nothing compared to their achievements. However, it is my desire to bring to light in a small way the contributions of the Pallavas to the subsequent cultural glory of Tamizhagam. I hope to put together a blog on my studies into the Pallavas but I dont think I will do so until I am good enough.

As for ganga jalam, Adiyen is aware that Rajendrar did not invade the North for the sake of a sombu of jalam but my point is that there was no clear political advantage or strategic objective in the invasion of the North. And even if there were, it was not consolidated.

Adiyen

Pallava Nambi Mark Sargunam
  • THANKS FOR RESPONDING DEAR P N M S !

anbudan / sps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters