guruji ravisankar chidambaram vijayam
  • yesterday sri guruji ravishankar visited chidambaram and gave a sathsangam. he donated few lack worth of articles to the temple. his tamil language fluency was very good and his approach to human problems were straight forward. he did not look like the usual godmen visiting these places.
    the whole event looked to me like the visit of thirugnanasambandar 1400 years ago. the days have hardly changed. the same music and chantings. only here instead of neelakanda yazhpanar a small group of devotees accompanying the guruji did the musical recitatations. guruji looked like an another sambandar or he is the sambandar of our times!

people behaved exactly how they would have behaved 1400 years ago and so did the dheekshidhars,police and the public. in chidambaram life is frozen in time. it is a zealosly guarded secret of hindu heritage.

time will not move here and the clocks will stand still for many centuries to come!!

gandhi
    chidambaram
  • ART OF LIVING.

yah...much respected.

His live puja telecast on "Sivarathri" in Sanskar channel was very elaborate and the bhajan followed was so tranquilising.

thanks for sharing.

regards/ sps
  • Sorry to deviate but small correction - restaurant made or outside food is often not healthy - it is not about eastern or western. If you eat pizza the way it is supposed to be made in Italy it is a wholesome, nutricious food. If you eat dosa daily from a hotel that uses reprocessed poor quality cooking oil and ingredients it is equally dangerous as pizza. Encouraging everyone to eat at home is best..and enjoy the health and warmth of home cooked food.
  • Dear Malathi,

Incidentally Ravishankar Guruji was acknowledged of his good will visit to war-torn Lanka recently ..

He is on tour around Chidambaram since he established a VIDHYASHRAM of International Standard for Tsunami-suffered needy children ... around Porayar (near Tranqubar)...

He had visited Delta Districts - Thiruvanaikka and is proceeding to Salem..

regards / sps

=========
  • Thank you SPS, good to know, i have heard only good things about this person so I guess he is doing good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters