rajaraja in chidambaram
  • freinds,
    last year frontline magazine came out with an issue on the tanjore big temple paintings. there is one certain painting depicts RRC with the entire family worshiping at the chith-ambalam.

in chithambaram rajaraja visit is agreed by the dheekshidhars too.
    gandhi
    chidambaram
  • Dear Thiru Gandhiram,

(A)The Painting showing Rajaraja with the entire family worshipping, as seen in the Nadarajah Panel at Thanjai Rajarajaeswarem Temple, is in your opinion is depicting their worship at Chith-ambalam at Chithambaram. This may be somewhat correct, and worth doing further studies.

(B)In one of your earlier write-up in this forum you mentioned you visited Kodungallur some years back and gave us a "very very useful information hitherto not know to many including me", stating at Kodungallur you saw the Samadhis of Sunderamurththy Nayanaar and that of Kulasekara Alwar. In connection with same I request your very kind advices for my questions below.

(1) Your saw the Sundarmurththy Nayanar's Samadhi "inside" Thiruvanjikkulam Siva temple - correct. Is the Samadhi is still under good state of preservation and any daily Poosaikal done to these Samadhi??

(2) You also mentioned that you saw Kulasekara Alvar's Samadhi too at Kodungallur - correct. Where was this Samadhi. Was it "inside" the Thiruvanjikkulam Temple, or its "outside", or was it "inside" Kulasekarapuram Krishnan Temple little south of Thiruvanjikkulam Temple at Kodungallur, or on the "outside" of this seond temple ?? Is it still in good state of preservation ??

(3) Mr Paranitharan who also visited Kodungallur personally has not mentioned about these two Samadhis in his book titled the "Kerala Vijayam - Part 1". Hence your mention of same if found correct and authenticatd - I consider it as "a great contribution from you" in my the research studies on Kodungallur.

I need your very kind confirmation on the above via this Forum, which will be included in my Research Article titled "The great Significance of Kodungallur in the history of Kerala and Tamil Nadu" with your Name as the Contributor of this valuable information. Part - 1 of this article already appeared in the PSVP Forum, while the Part - 2 & 3 will appear very soon.

Mikka Anbudan

Virarajendra
  • Dear Thiru Gandhiram,

Two more informations are sought from you regarding Thiruvanjikkulam at Kodungallur.

Did you by any chance - come across a "Samadhi', or any other monument (not the Cheraman Mosque) of the Chera king "Cheraman Perumal" (who later became a Tamil Saivite Saint - Naayanaar).

Did you visit the inside enclosures of the "Kudungallur Bagawathi Amman Temple", and by chance did you come across a "Kannaki Statue installed in this temple along with the statue of Kovalan" ???

Awaiting your very kind advices on same.

Mikka Anbudan

Virarajendra
  • Dear Sirs

According to Periya Puranam, both Sundara and Seraman perumal flew with their MORTAL BODIES to Kailayam

Fully confirmed by big temple paintings beyond doubt

Hence samathis are not possible. May be sannidhis are there

For example in srirangam there is a sannidhi for kulasekhara perumal in rama temple. Kulasekhara lived in srirangam and his rama verses are very famous

I have also studied about thiruvanjikkulam and kodungollur in general for my present novel which heavily revolves around kerala.

G

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters