exhibition on PS
  • Hi all

if we propose to have a photographic exhibition of ps related topics would displaying maniam's pictures amount to infringement of copyright.

other ideas for the exhibiton

PS related places today ( kodikarai light house etc)
    big temple related photos( shadow, european on tower etc)
    picturisation of charecters by different artists
    some rare photos of kalki

venketesh
  • Hi Venkat, as far as I know only if there is any revenue invovled copyright violation is involved. But I may be wrong, any knowledgable person can clarify.

Thee are versions of PS with Vinu and other artists, perhaps Kalki office can clarify if that is allowed? I would suggest MAP of route taken by VD with details on each place would be very interesting.
    Also definitely exhibit on other works of Kalki would add interest.
    Any book seller can help with that.

Malathi
  • How about some interesting places our group had visited? we should be
    having that in our group folder.
  • Hi
    can we start listing out the pictures.
    an A3 colour print costs 25- 30 rs only and the entire exhibit of a 100 pictures would cost us 3000 but quite some time.
    other than ps paintings, sriraman's photos of the interior of big temple( if allowed)

1. kodikarai light house before tsunami
    2. kodikarai after tsunami
    3. veeraanam lake
    4. satellite photo of palk / kodikarai lanka straight
    5. satheesh's photos of the lingam in the sivaganga tank
    6. Sundarachola Vinnagara Salai(?)
    6. shadow of big temple falling on the ground
    7. photo of european on the big temple
    8. kalvettu mentioning vanthiyathevan
    9. kadambur temple
    10.veera narayana perumal temple
    11.pazhaiyarai
    12.photos of cauvery

venketesh
  • Hi,

Request for all PS members, if anybody have the photot of Kodiakkarai Lighthouse published by Kalki on our favourite story Ponniyin Selvan when he written that in his weekly. I can remember that the photo of lighthouse was published with. 

• Hi All

The copyrights issue will kick in if we dont obtain relevant written approvals from the legal owners of those properties - irrespective whether it is being used for commercial or non-coomercial purposes.

As far as manian's works, we should be able to get legal approvals to use and i am sure the legal owners will be happy to share for this good cause.

It is a good thought to create this exhibition
  • Dear members,
     I am also facing the copyright problems. I wrote some technical articles in Management accountant five to ten years back and still I am contributor.. While searching the net, I found that my article are sold by british library direct access in the net at the cost of 5 to 10 pounds. I am very happy that my articles are read widely by many persons. However selling the articles without the knowledge of the writers i felt highly inconvenient. I need advice of the members in specific from venkatesh and malathy in this regard
  • hey this idea for PS exhibition is really nice... and i am eager to view it..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters