SMS Emden
  • Dear All,

Read Dhivakar's SMS Emden. Great story. Good narration. Interestingly he brings in Raja Raja and Rajendra and connects with Emden in this story. Please read.

Arunachalam Vaidyanathan
  • Divakar Sir,

I took almost more than a week to finish the book. It was a good read.
    The story starts off with SMS Emden's bombing the chennai port and
    following the Hero Chidambaram's journey on the ship and his lover
    Radha's journey to prove his innocence from his fathers death mystrey.
    The most interesting part of the novel to me is Radha's journey and
    the RRC and RJC's inter wined story. It was very well written and
    logical.

But Chidambaram's kidnap, his time on the ship and the way he
    communicates with the Kandan are all less realistic. Over all I would
    rate this one your best.
  • அன்புள்ள திவாகர் அவர்களுக்கு,
    தங்கள் எம்டன் படித்தேன் முடித்தேன் ஒரே இரவில்....என்னை பொருத்தவரையில் இது தன் உங்கள் படைப்புகளில் மக சிறந்தது என்றே கூறுவேன்.
    என்ன வேகம் என்ன நடை ஒரு ஒரு அத்தியாயம் முடிவிலும் ஒரு திருப்புமுனை அதுதது என்ன என்று எங்க வைக்கும் பனி சாண்டில்யனுக்கு அப்புறம் இப்பொழுது தான் பார்கிறேன்...கல்க்யின் நடை சாண்டில்யனின் வேகும் ......எனக்கு மீண்டும் கடல் புறவொடு பயணித்த அனுபவம்....
    இதை படிக்கும் வாய்ப்பு அளித்தமைக்கு மிக்க நன்றி
    என்றும் அன்புடன்
    ஸ்ரீதர்
  • Dear All

Just finished reading our Dear Dhivakar's SMS Emden....my god that was Mind Boggling....The Pace the twists The integration of a 20th century German Ship with Rajaraja Chola......Now I undersnad what VJ commented earlier on....ts after a ong time I have read th book in one go....without stopping....For those who havent read I really wll recommend it big time....I have read all of Dhivakars works starting with Thirumalai Thirudan(his 2nd) Vamsadhara , Visithra Chitan and this and I would rate this as his best....

If I had the money I will make a movie out of it....I would recommend the following starcast...

Chidambaram Pillai: Madhavan like in Kannathil muthamittal  wth specs
    Radhai : Sneha
    DIG Langdon:
    Von Muller: Russel Crowe as in Master and Commander
    Makye: Senn Bean

Thambiran: Nasar
    Shretaiyar: Vijayakumar or mabe SommaiyaJulu

RRC Sivakumar / Surya (Varanam Ayiram)
    RJC Surya

Lord Pentland : Anthony Hopkins
    Noble: Keira Knightly

Kandan Vivek as in Boys the serious one
    Muthu Vincent Asokan / Daniel Balaji

I am sure the author had his own picturisations for these charectors we ll wait to hear from him

Kind Regards

Sri
  • Very nicely put dear Dr. Sridhar.

regards/ sps
  • Dear Sri
    I have least knowledge on this, so escape.

But I had to admit that Vijay did some beutiful sketches for this novel but due to some unavoidable circumstances, these were deleted in last minutes. I felt it is very unfortunate especially Chidambaram and Radhai and also Noble he has brought out in those day's style. Vijay can send this here if possible.

At the same time, how many historic novels have been made in to silver screen?
     I remember PK. How was it accepted and it's collection those days?

Sandilyan's Jeeva Bhumi once I have seen in 'Rani Muthu's monthly as cover page with Shivaji and Saroja Devi posing as hero and heroine.I remember this picture  but I do not know it's fate.

Akilan's Kayal vizhi is 'Maduraiyai Meetta Sundara Pandiyan' I think it was not running well with average collection. I have seen this movie in first day at Kamala Theatre during my college days. Songs were well picturised but MGR .. humhuum..

Actually MGR wanted to do PS only but age factor did not allow that time.

I think Malathi has got some good remembrence of old happenings. She can add some details.

any other movie? Kaliagnar's movies are anything there.. Sometimes back he did mention about his Kanchi Thalaivan. But that was not his novel I think.

D
  • > Akilan's Kayal vizhi is 'Maduraiyai Meetta Sundara Pandiyan' I think it was not running well with average collection.

remembered for its excellent songs, a regal looking latha( who was one of the daughters of a scion of the ramanathapuram sethupathi family) and of course for MGR referrring to kayalvizhi as "kelavi"

venketesh
  • S.
    I have uploaded

www.vamsadhara.blogspot.com

Dhivakar
  • Masterpieces. Nothing short of it. I am spell bound vijay.
  • Vj,

Wow. You draw great. Those fits the character very well.
  • Wonderful pictures, particularly I like raathai and sirEttiyaar very much.
    It should have got published in Emden a master piece of Dhivakar sir. I
    already read this novel twice, still I want to read it again but so sad I
    forgot to bring that book with me :-(

Sithanna vaasal oviyaththaiyE thirumba varainjavarukku ithu onnum periya
    matter illanu nenaikarEn ;-) However, superb VJ! we (PSVP) shall try to
    bring out more from you.
  • Dear VJ
    The pictures were excellent and I am sure will figure in the second edition of SMS Emden....The best for me was Shrestiar....and the cover...one can see Gemini Ganesans influence on Chidambaram
    Well done

Sri
  • I concur with Dr Sri, i like Shrestar best, i also think the cover is very creative with the yogic chakra system and ship superimposed.

The hero..ilam meesai, could be Ravichandran also :)).
  • VJ,

Another Artist in you. And you were too silent about it. Excellent.

• Our Dhivakar Sir's SMS EMDEN's foreward was published in Dinamalar Coimbatore
    edition.

Congratulations Dhivakar Sir

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters