visit to some chola temples
  • Hi,
    Last week end my husband and I went to Oppiliappan temple to seek divine blessings of Sri Oppiliappan. I contacted Shri Vishwak beforehand who ensured our trip was enjoyable.I was extremely happy to see a person who lived in the city for decades settling in a place of his choice to enjoy his passion. It always remains a dream for most of us.

Thanks Mr Vishwaksenan for all your help.

What started as a trip to oppiliappan temple ended as a visit to many of the chola period temples thanks to the expert guidance of our friend. Though he planned to accompany us he could not do so due to prior committments, which was our loss.

We had the pleasure of seeing Nachiar koil, the three temples in Pazhvoor, big temple , Thirubhuvanam temple snd Gangai Konda Cholapuram. The saddest part in this visit is seeing the Pazhvoor temples in dilapidated condition. The temple in Keezha Pazhvoor is being renovated. The inscriptions inside the temple are also being whitewashed. After a few whitewashing like this no one will know that there is history behind this temple. I want to bring this to the attention of the right person in the group. The other two temples are in real sorry state.
  • >
    > We had the pleasure of seeing Nachiar koil, the three temples in Pazhvoor, big temple , Thirubhuvanam temple snd Gangai Konda Cholapuram. The saddest part in this visit is seeing the Pazhvoor temples in dilapidated condition. The temple in Keezha Pazhvoor is being renovated. The inscriptions inside the temple are also being whitewashed. After a few whitewashing like this no one will know that there is history behind this temple. I want to bring this to the attention of the right person in the group. The other two temples are in real sorry state.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Sandhya.
    >
    dear sandhya

If you have any pictures of such acts of vandalism, please do share. can host in www.poetryinstone.in
  • Viswaksenan Sir,

our meeting is overdue..

will keep your mobile number handy and revert soon.

Thanks Sandhya for sharing.

regards / sps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters