DO YOU KNOW?
  • Hi People,

When I was in 8th Standard - studying in Bishop Heber High School in Tiruchy - in our library i found a book called "The Great Temple of Thanjavur" written by (if im not mistaken) Varadharajan.

I love that book. everyday after lunch i go to library to grab that book. its a great treasure of our AMAZING TEMPLE!

I want to buy (posses) that book. but its out of edition. Im searching for it everywhere. Does anybody know about this book? if so, please inform me. im ready to buy it at any cost!

only at that age i got lots of inspiration about the Chola history and the Great Temple.

Sohelp me find the book.

Its a great treasure!!!

Shri
  • Hi there,

You from Teppakulam Bishop? I was a part of that and passed out in 1990.

~ Udanx
  • ouah!

i was from 1995 to 1999.

Shri
  • - Original Message ----
  • Udanx,
    Passed out? Hope you're ok, now.
    Here, that means 'fainted'
    Kathie
  • World is so small.... :)

It is said that any person in the world can be linked to anyother by
    just 5 people in between - I know him, he knows her, she know that guy
    and so on.I think it has been proven scientifically that anyone can be
    mapped to the other with just 5 links in between. (so I know Manmohan
    Singh, George Bush et al with just 5 person in between us :) or vice
    versa )

Whenever I hear such dialogues, I remember an incident, when I first
    joined my job. My friend and I joined Polaris and while chatting with
    our co workers, my friend said he is from Anna Nagar, one of the
    senior member said, she is also from Anna nagar, He said, I am from
    Tirumangalam - me too - Asiad colony - me too - other guy interrupts
    and says...hey...nanga rendu perum akka thambi chumma velayadinomnu
    sonnenga, tholachiduven... :) They turned out to be adjecent blockers...
  • Yes that is true. Satish neenga polaris aa? Do you know Raja Krishnamoorthy a.ka. Kitty in HR there? Raja was a very good friend of mine.

On a serious note, this type of correlating can lead to embarassments too. My father and a a mallu neighbor he had got chatting once like this. Same place in kerala, knew someone, someone knew someone etc went back upto 5 generations. Then it turned out my great great great grandfather had a nair second wife whose progeny were that neighbor!! To this day that remains a classic narrative in our family :)

Malathi
  • Hi ARE YOU FROM BISHOP, I TOO BUT LONG BACK 1968-70
    DR KAILASAM
  • Dr.Kailasam,

My mom and dad were not even in Trichy during that time. Even my eldest
    sister was a toddler during that period and my second sister was a new born

Sundar,

76-77 I was a 2 year old and playing somewhere in Salem!

Kathie,

I will try to correct my English! But that was a good one!

~ Udanx
  • hi Sathish!

Yes. if we dig deep, then we will understand that everybody inthis world is our relative! Your relative becomes mine and mine becomes others etc!!

I remember one Antartican myth. there, two couples go for a world tour (in the beginning of the world). when they meet each other in the other end of the world,after so many years,they will be already having kids and grand children. that's how the world become popluated - they say.

Shri
  • >
    > Hi
    > You seem to follow me everywhere. I am also an aluminus of Fort
    Bishop..76-77, of course,you would not have been born then!!!
    > Regards
    > Sundar
    > Recent Activity
  • I expected someone will come back with questions when I mention the
    company name :)

I was with Polaris for 5.5 years, quit in 2004 and joined CTS. Yes
    kitty was the HR VP for a year when I was in Polaris. I know him, but
    he doesn't know me :)....

So kitty is your friend? neenga avvalavu vayasanavangala? :) (just
    pulling your leg :) )...SPS is my friend, but that doesnt mean that I
    am as old as him :)...kitty and Manirathnam are friends, so are you a
    friend of Manirathnam too???
  • Dear SPS
    No 'Sir' please.
  • Satish, yes long story - Kitty was HR counsellor at Sonata Software which was a small company at that time. He did team building workshops and also helped several of us with his wise counsel personally. That is how I got to know him. I used to visit my cousin at Tiruvanmiyur at Chennai and he lived two streets away. So every trip to Chennai would include meeting him/his family at his residence.

He is a very large hearted, friendly, kind human being. I have lost touch for a while now. I have met many of his friends but not Mani - Mani is known to be somewhat reserved, reticent person, and I dont' jump at the thought of meeting celebrities, unless it happens naturally which it did not.

One more 'aachanukku peechan connection' as my mallu grandmother would say  - Kamal's sister Nalini taught dance to my cousin in Mumbai and I have met her also. Nalini's husband did not approve of movie stars visiting their home so did not run into Kamal. Although must confess I was a teenager back then and could not resist asking his sister one or two questions on her celebrity brother which she answered very patiently :))

Malathi
  • Dear,
    I am unable to remember correctly. Around forty year gone. I also see similar book even i could not remember the name or author but it dealt with temples in the library. It may be the book you are referring or it may be some other book. However it leads me to read ponniyian selvan when I finished my SSLC.
    Thank you for making the remembering the golden days of trichy.
    Can any body tell where is the padma hotel now which was opposite to bishop Heber

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters