• Hi

Miracles can and do happen. You cant even regard some of these as miracles. If we have a connection with the infinite cosmos, anything is possible. Unfortunately most people and cultures have limited their thoughts and deeds to the most immediate environment around us. Some with that deep connection experience the benevolence (like A.R.Rahman).

There is a book - AGHORA, At the left hand of God - Robert Svoboda. If you read this book and 2 other parts after this, you will question most accepted beliefs (for around the last 100years).
  • well listed sir, thats my question...

For something as profound as a king to convert his belief .... am
    sure he is not going to be swayed by a miracle...it cant be some
    material gain. Its got be something more pervasive, there ought to
    have been a more comprehensive debate...its not a question of which
    god is more powerful or in these cases more demonstrative. If so our
    kings could have used this cosmic power to win battles etc etc....

i think there should have been a great moral battle, which were won
    on deeper intellectual and meta physical strata...but maybe as you
    say, inorder to explain to the pamaran....they were retold in a
    language they understood...and hence the miracle stories.

vj
  • Hi
    Miracles are like visiting cards of the gods.
    they send it across. you may see it and prefer to call him inside or
    you could just tell him you are too busy to se him.

miracles more than now in the past have enforced religiousness in
    people and often changed history.
    what if appar had sunk in the bay of bengal or charred away in a lime
    stone furnace.
    what if the thevaram palm leaves did not travel against the tide of
    vaigai
    or what if the lowly ash of saivism did not cure the fever of the
    pandya king

history would have been changed definitely with jainism being the
    mainstay of tamilnadu today.
    on the other hand
    what if karuvur thevar had not straightened the lingam at
    brihadeeshwarar temple
    or the moon had not appeared in thirukadiyur ona ammavsya day
    what if lord muruga had not appeared on a peacock in general hospital
    to pamban swamigal
    our religion would definitely have been a shade poorer.
    miracles add colour to our life.
    venketesh
  • Well said. I agree with you 100%
    Sampath
  • Miracles happen in day to day life, we can see that. Our life - every day is a miracle, given the way the world works (terrorism, drunken driving, corruption etc).
    How many of us have had problems and only to see them dissapear over time ? The ideal bhaktha is a person who sits back and sees the knot of karma being untied by the Lord himself.
    One has to be in the wave length of Pamban swamigal or Arunagiri (a miracle indeed in the highest order to have cured leprosy and made him write 16K songs), to see the lord in person.Miracles are always there, only we tend to see it outside of us. Earth is itself mysterious and so are the astral universes connected to it. A miracle we see all the time, our own Ganges, starts off as a stream similar to water from a bottle, and just see the sheer size and volume ! Where does that water come from ?

We are being monitored as I believe, the only chance of miracles to happen will be via complete surrender as in gajendra moksham or many others. God comes in all forms , shapes etc, uruvai aruvai ulathai ilathai maruvai malarai maniyai oliyai karuvai uyirai gathiyai vithiyai guruvai varuvai arulvai guhane. He/She (God) has no form and has multitude of forms. Every form is a miracle, every shape is a miracle. When the whole cosmos (and multitudes of them) is a miracle, how can we not tend to see them...

Like Avvaiyar said, on miracles, one must always thank the Lord for giving us knowledge and a life better than people who do not have them... that is a miracle.
    Arithu arithu maanidanai pirthal arithu, appadi pirappin, koon kurudu sevidu neengi pirapathu arithu... athanilum arithu...siva gathi peruthal arithu...
    Are we not having a birth so as a miracle itself.

Miracles are simply a part of life, just that we only tend to see the large ones and dont look at the minute ones.

I am grateful to the Lord to have me alive :-)
  • SPS sir 1950'ya thaandi vara maatengraar.....:) :) :)

One of my favorite miracles, heavily prejudiced ofcourse, is the appearance
    of God before Malik Kafur at the Meenakshi Temple, Madurai. Appearance of
    God can never be explained, appearance before a temple destroyer like Malik
    Kafur is all the more incredible!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters