What happened to our members?
  • Hi

The search for actors to do the roles of PS characters is boring.
    Shall bring the topic to an end? Why we should restirct ourselves to
    familiar actors of Kollywood? Are they so good? There many good actors
    in the theatre koothuppattarai etc.,And there may be many among
    ourseleves.

So shall we focus on some serious and informative discussions/postings
    henceforth?
  • Dear sriraman sir

same feelings to me also.

instead of imaginations,
    in bhubaneswar last few days our CV theatre group in bhubaneswar trying to make script on Ponniyin selvan for our next play in december.our last play is sanga ilakiathil natpu , we played last year ( Drama CD is with SPS ).

through sharing informnation our group members gains lot, why dont we try for some productive based activites in near by future.

I spoke to shanti madam of sharma heritage foundation they are doing some good work on heritage.

thanks for your feelings.

S.Balasubramani B+ Bhubaneswar orissa
  • Hi Sriraman

though this excersise has been repeated many times and sapped our
    patience, it does give us an insight on how each reader has visualised
    the charecters of kalki.
    we dont know how kalki visualised them.
    when Rk narayan saw the movie devanands' GUIDE he was supposedly
    appalled.

and while talking on r.k narayan, vikadan has brought out the tamil
    versions of 2 of his books. the dark room and swami and friends.
  • Dear Sriraman and Bala sirs
    I beg to differ on your comments...this is probably the 11th time this discussion has taken place in the group...We have even had holiwood choices voiced for various charectors...
    Like Venkat said t just gives the reader's perception

Though we are doing valuable and great historic and heritage restoring aspects of our lineage most our members are here because they have found a group which discussed PS...so please let us not discourage them however boring it might be

I hope I havent stepped over my line

Bala we missed you contribution its great to have another one...but was it not Rajasimaha who built the rathas and Why should Arjunas penance be stargely called so..it is because it depicts his penance
  • Most of Mamallapuram structures are mis-named and mis-introduced by our guides.. Infact the pagods(pandavar ratha) is definitely not named so when it was built and arjuna does not do penance to bring Ganga to earth.. so why has it been misnamed and reinfornced?
  • hi and spl hi ro Sri

thanks for the excellent input. perhaps my posting was to remind our
    members that the thread is going too far without much purpose.

My simple opinion, as claimed in a posting by Anand Balraman, is
    that the present commercial attitude of indian cinema/tv meida may
    not suit the making of PS as mega serial. It must be a venture like
    Shyam Benegal's serial on Indian History or even for that matter
    Chanakya, whose set and costume are very ahthentic.

Is it not good to elevate our opinios a bit high being the fans of
    an extrodinary classic? I am proud that our group has members from
    wide spectrum of background.

By the by, Internet and exchange of infinitybite- IB- (more than MB,
    GB, TB) of informations has any purpose?
  • Dear Sri ,SB and PS Members

Greeting for the zeal on PS.

Adding some links for ur choice

Man behind our group

http://www.tamilnation.org/hundredtamils/kalki.htm

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=443736#443736

http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline/fl1621/16210810.htm

yours sincerely,

S.Balasubramani B+
  • Dear Sriraman sir,

I quite agree with your view point of commercial attitude of Indian cinema. I was really shocked(to say the least) to see the movie Asoka(SRK and Ajith), where the commercial elements really kiled the basic elements of a Great Story. I would say that it is really an insult to indian history such a movie was made at all. It would really hurt very much our PS ends up the same.

Could you imagine VD running around Kundavi wooeing her with a romantic song?? Gosh i would better live with my own imagination.

About the other question is there purpose of exchage of information, I guess it is a simple pleasure of exchange of information just for the pleaseure of sharing it. Have you seen the movie "Artificial Intelligence" by Speilberg. The story goes like this - A scientist anticipating the end of the human, builds a Humonid Robot. Long after the extinction of the Human, the inhibitants of the earth will find the robo and will try to understand about the human's.
    Who knows, may be our exchange of information might be a reference to a future researcher.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters