Comparison of Great Female Charecters:Kundavai
  • Dear Suganya
    Kundavai was possibly the only female charector who had a stable mind to the end...so we all accuse her of playing politics etc...

lets face it how many of you have hated your freinds or your brothers just because your brother is freindly with your female freind....hands on the heart....thats female nature...

thats what happens between Kundavai and Nandhini...moreover Kundavai was Sembiam Madhevi's pet as well so she influences her decisions to shun nandhini as well

second she was ambitious but she was a women so she wants a pure progeny for the chola heir..so she promates AK and AMV and groomes Vanadhi

She also knows the pains her father went through because of his love for a commoner and she doesnt want the same for amv

When she knows Nadhini's story she does try to make amendments...

Poonguzhali changes from one extreme to another
    Vanadhi changes
    Manimegalai changes
    even Nandhini changes
    but
    Kundavai stands steadfast....in her love for her Kingdom..
  • Hi
    sometimes I wonder if we are analysing charecters or different nooks
    and corners of kalki's mind itself.

or his mind during different phases when he penned the words

venketesh
  • Exactly Sri....She is the one stable-minded. But, never
    changed/adopted herself for circumstances. That's my point.

She made up her mind that Vanathi is AMV's bride even before she came
    to know abt Oomai Rani's story. Isn't that not influencing over one's
    individual feelings....She never even gave choice to him to decide.
    She concluded everything on her own....

For her, only Chola Kingdom is indispensable and not the members of
    the Kingdom. Being ambitious, she made others to sacrifice for her
    ambitions to come true.

In assumption that Vandiyathevan not from a royal clan, this Kundavai
    character would not have even fell in love with him. The same reason
    why she removed Poonguzhali from the queue.

FYI, the female character I like the most in PS is Kundavai only. But,
    still I am looking from the opposite side also. :))
  • I would call her manipulative.. thats what makes me feel about her. Manipulative and steadfast. somehow everyone feels that kundavai decided for AMV.. Unfortunately nobody realized that AMV did not have any inclinations towards Poonguzhali.. how much ever he was with her, he did not go beyond social limits as portrayed by Kalki.. So he was always going with Vanathi, inspite of others around him..

How many would be strong enough to walk the earth after a broken heart? Vanathi was never strong, I dont think kundavai beyond her manipulations, was ever going to think about actually falling in love, as she needs a purpose for everything..

Poonguzhali & Nandhini are the strong ones to walk around inspite of all the stuff that life throws at them

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters