Vote for vj
  • She was married and her son was 7 years old when she acted in Thillana
    Mohanambal!

~ Udanx

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Sivapathasekaran
  • >
    > I am big fan of " NATYAPEROLI " Padmini dear Rahul..
    >
    > Seen Thillanamohanambal several times...

Hi Sps
    is it true padmini was 36 years old when she did this role?

venketesh
    its the age our present day actresses start playing mother to rajnikant.

>
    > Even today when I hear/ read of Nagapatnam, Thanjavur & Thiruvarur, apart from Ponniyinselvan (or RRC / Rjc) - Thillanamohanambal - will flash in my mind .. !!
    >
    >
    > regards / sps
    >
  • Yes Udanx is right, PAdmini was 36 years old. Actually if you really want to appreciate her beauty and talent have to look at much older films - Mannadhi Mannan, Thooku Thooki, Uthama puthiran, Maragadam and so on. Thillana...was not a hit because of her it was because of the incredible side cast, Balaiah, Manorama, Nagesh, Thangavelu, and of course Sivaji and her put in credible performances too. I have issues with TM since it is a huge deviation from the original where the heroine was 18 BTW!!

On an unrelated note the nattiya peroli was frequent figure at the hindu temple in NY. She did teach classical dance to a huge number of indian NRI kids and performend in public, for charity and so on several times. Her personal life though (or what we know of it atleast) is somewhat controversial. Her husband was a very leading medicine dr in New Jersey. Her heart was always in movies and she wrote of a jilted love affair with Sivaji, so frequent trips to India to act in movies (including TM) led to rift between the couple. He died of a heart attack while driving a car at a very young age (40+).
  • Dear Kailasam sir, yes I would very much like to read the article although not sure where it is? I thought you are posting since I mentioned the name 'RAman' in my conversation with Rahul.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters