Can we point out one HINDU institution which
    discriminate like this.

As Ms priya clearly told Deeemed university run by
    Dhinakaran near coimbatore is having preaching hall
    within campus and use all out the institutions for
    conversions

Christian schools get financial aids from govt as well
    as from abroad and mostly appoint techers as
    recommended by the father of the church which runs.

These minorities use Brahmin and non brahmin
    differences for their selfish aim of conversion.

It is true that schools run by brahmins prefer brahmin
    students first. So is the case with the schools run by
    say "mudaliyar" or "Nadars". There is nothing wrong
    with it. But if every community helps their own
    members also, ultimnately every one benefits.

I am not a brahmin. Brahmins might have done, say some
    thing wrong in the past, But it is foolish to blame
    every wrong thing happened/happeneing is due to them
    and to allow such loop holes to be used by outsiders
    for their conversion activities.

Educational institution/hospitals run by HINDU
    missioneries are real selfless services whereas the
    same run by christian missionries have the hidden
    agenda of conversion.

Whether Mother theresa or CMC, vellore, there is no
    exception. can they adopt a child named, Murugan and
    bring him up as Murugan only till his adulthood.
    Impossible.

See, how these missioneries put their nets for
    conversion in the Tsunamai affected areas

Bye
    MA Eswaran
  • Dear Satish,

If you think I am defending what other religious organisations are doing Then You are wrong all I am saying is dont look at everything thru coloured glasses....

Mother theresa looking after the the poor in calcattu was to convert people probably right but she did look after people as well

CMC's charity and adoptation schemes have christian names ofcourse sir why do you orphan good hindu off springs because you listen to idiotic banter like lets give birth to three children....and leave them in the street you dont look at the way they are sorted with education and shelter...

Read Manusmrithi.....Its the literature apparently written by manu for his offsprings...Manu is the first human in hindu mythology.....It tells about all the different kinds panishments to be meated on sudras for even listenng to vedas....When was it written I dont know...Who wrote it I dont know but even african american organisations and cults claim that was the mother of Racism and apartheid and slavery...

Infact Priya herself in an earlier mail had accepted manusasthra was fautlty...

I do agree varna was based on so called profession and the lord sees all as one...

I have referenced a link which Krishna says in Gita how he sees all as one...

But is it what is practiced....Of all the people who are not muslims and christians and buddists and jains we collectively callthem Hindus....How many are not allowed to enter Temples...? Do we call ayyanar and karuppu sami as hindu deities or not....Why they were created by people who couldnt go to temples and enter them

We talk about stray incidents....But all the stray incidents are what made our people dejected...

your points are valid. I have never read the manusmrithi and so cant comment on it. But my feeling is if such bad things are there in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism would have swept away Hinduism. You yourself said, inspite of all invasion,culture or imperial, Hinduism survived. If many bad things were there, how come it survived.

Buddism and jainism did spread like nobodies business Tamilanadu at one time was controlled by jains till there was tamil and hindu revival the samayakuravar and all

I feel its the misinterpretation of facts. Probably I am wrong, but I live it to you to think. If Hinduism is so bad, how come its surviving from time immemorial.

Hinduism was the way of life of the people...Do you get Hinduised to become a hindu?Do you have a holy bath....No we just beleieve in Hinduism...

Suppression will alwasy lead to revolution. Frech Revolution, Boston Tea party, breaking of the USSR etc. etc. We dont have any such instances in our country. If people were suppressed in the name of caste(I do accept there might be stray
    instances but we should not brand with stray instances)surely they should have revolted long back.Just give a thought.I am trying to thing logically. If you compress a baloon it will surely burst. Why didnt Hinduism burst if it had suppressions?
    What we see is the result of all that Satish...

Buddist and jain conversions in the past...

christian and islamic convertions in kerala were all mostly in the working class because of the higher caste domination..

Well someone just said whats wrong in each jathi looking after its own in a recent mail

The cake cutting and althat came when our rajahs and british educated people aped a western culture

What will a cobler or fram hand know about nall nathcathram any way?

The Valentines day fathers day and mothers day are aping western cultures

When I left India valentines day cards were found only in Alsa maal and Gemini complex We knew about it in MMC

I recently went to INdian in 2003 My grandmother is wishing happy valentines day

Ads evertwhere buy a watch and get one free for your valentine buy a jeans get a skirt free Cable networks screaming valentine sirappu thiraipadam....Was this conversion no its a young generation aping western currupt culture...

Do you know half the popu;lation in the west atleast Uk dont know Xmas is for Christs Birthday They only know it as a day Santa brings gifts!!!!70% population dont go to churches that they are getting converted to pubs and auditoriums...

To finalise my veiw is as Hindus we have to have a periless hindu society and then think about the other religions offending us
  • Dear Sriram and others
    When I mentioned about various things people might think I am defending other peoples actions...We claim we all are hindus I believe I am but do all those out there believe that if so will they have been quiet when a religious leader was arrested in a religious place ......Cannot happen in UK though they know they harbour and promote terrorism mosques have not been violated...
    The only onstance in Indian histrory has been Operation Bluestar...and Golden temple...
    But Why did all of the HINDUS not revolt????Do we not care Or Are We oblivious Or Do we think that doesnt matter to us its somebodies business....
    In one of the coverages one of the SPs stayed out of the mutt and Periyaval calls him inside and he says that 'Naan Harijan Sami' and Periyaal says 'Oh ippo ellarum varalame'
    And as Satish is it pointed out The Casteless Peedam also talks of Various castes and creeds thats whats seperating Hinduism and others are exploiting it....

Stray incidences of violences to lesser castes said one of the members there were quotes of anniliation of hindus by muslims and british and others but what do you say about this all you need is google.
    http://www.dalitstan.org/holocaust/bharat/idxbhar.html

Its a horrifying read....

Ms Priya repaetedly claims Varna was based on occupation and people were elevated based on purity sincerity and leading a god life claiming valmiki and vyasa were sudras who became brahmans...
    But Ekalyva wanted to be a Kshathriya but was refused training....Karna wanted to compete with arjuna and he was refused because of his birth and was crowned angaraja and then participated ....If it was due to valour they were termed Ksakthriyas why did this happen?

We have a better example in the Valmiki Ramayana where there is no such doubt and the motivation is clear. This figures in the Uttarakanda, which is certainly a later interpolation. However, Kalidasa��s Raghuvamsha also describes this incident. With approval, as in the Ramayana. An old brahmana��s son died and the brahmana thought this untimely death must have been due to a sin Rama had committed. He wanted Rama to bring his dead son back to life. The assembled sages decided that a shudra must have indulged in meditation. This would be permitted in kali yuga, but certainly not in dvapara yuga. Sure enough, to the south of the kingdom, near a large pond, Rama discovered a mendicant hanging upside down from a tree.
    This was Shambuka, a shudra, who was practicing austerities so as to go to heaven in his physical body. Rama took out his sword and chopped off Shambuka��s head. Flowers rained down from heaven. The gods granted boons to Rama and the brahmana��s dead son came back to life. By the way, we always remember that Dasharatha was cursed because he inadvertently shot down an ascetic��s son. We don��t usually remember that this ascetic was not a brahmana. Shambuka phobia is a better expression.

Just like the current day bigots are doing, there must have been any number of narrow-minded bigots who made it generation-based....
    And who is it that says that Shudra is an untouchable...?!
    The word "SHUDRA" is nothing but an anagram of SHUDDA+RUDRA+BHAKTHA....this is the explanation given in one of the commentries on the VEDAS by Vyasa or somebody..I do not recall correctly...
    But my whole point in my previous point is....why any unneccassary such squabbles amongst us?

So my point is Sriram we have to clear our house first before criticising others we have to have swayamsevaks protecting our women and kids against out fellow hindu atrocities first and then the rest....
  • another upsetting read
    Sri

http://www.ahrchk.net/hrsolid/mainfile.php/2003vol13no04-05/2299/

INDIA: Open Letter: Why Should Dalits Embrace Hindutva?

J. B. Rajeshwar

(Ed. note: This open letter was written to K. S. Sudershan, chief sankalchak (state or regional leader) of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), or National Volunteer Corps, and Sonia Gandhi, the leader of the Congress Party, and other members of the People Integration Council. The letter was written in response to Sudershan's call to people of other faiths in India to "return home" to Hinduism. The title was added by the editor.)

Dear Mr. Sudershan,

Of late, you and your bandwagon of associates have been asking all other religious citizens of India to convert to Hinduism so that all of us can have a unified identity called Hindutva instead of being called an Indian citizen by virtue of birth within the boundary of this country. You have also been asserting that there is nothing about this Hindutva identity of which one should be ashamed. I would be grateful if you can clarify my doubts after reading the following history of my people, who had the audacity to liberate themselves from the clutches of the Aryan-imposed caste system on the people of this land.

"Why is it that we, the majority Dravidian mass of this land, should be subservient to your minority Aryan population?" a Dalit asks K. S. Sudershan, a leader of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), in India, the world's largest democracy. (Photo: Tiane Doan de Champassak, UNESCO)

The higher caste rulers of our area, when they visited our dwellings, pointed out that the women had to go to their abodes for their enjoyment. It so happened that in one place, after pointing out the women they needed for that day's enjoyment, they found out on returning home that the women of their choice were not sent to their abode for their enjoyment. The people of that locality had decided to disobey the dictate of the higher caste. This angered the rulers, and they invoked the Manu Sasthra and its associate scriptures and meted out severe punishments in the following ways using the following principles:

For Brahmins (Aryans): A Brahmin is the shape of dharma. The Brahmin who explains dharma reaches the glory of knowledge. . . . The Brahmin has been created as the first of all the creation to safeguard and execute the socio-religio ethical laws imposed on man. . . . The Brahmin is the first-born and of higher birth. Because of this privilege, a Brahmin is eligible to claim all wealth created by Brahma as his. (Manu, introduction) If a Brahmin gets a buried treasure, all of it will belong to him. Because a Brahmin is of higher stature, it should be taken into consideration that such treasures had been gathered of yore by self; and if a king gets a treasure, he should keep half of it and distribute the rest to the Brahmins. (Manu 8:100) Even if a Brahmin is doing menial work, he should be worshiped. (Prasara Smirthi 8:33)

For Shudrans (Dravidians): Lead should be boiled and poured into the two ears of the Shudran who listens to the scriptures. A Shudran is equal to a burning ghat, and thus, scripture recital should not be done near him. (Brahmasuthra 1-3-38) The tongue of a Shudran who utters the scriptures should be cut and the scriptures taken away from him and the chest that confirmed these scriptures should be split. (Thirumananda Kosambi, Lord Buddha) Without asking him, with force and without hesitation, the house of a Shudran can be looted if he is not content with carrying dirt and has acquired wealth in his house. (Manu, introduction) In whichever nation a Shudran is doing the work of dharma inquiry (justice), the work that should be done by the king of that nation, then the whole nation, as it watches, suffers like a cow caught in a quagmire. (Manu 8:21) A Shudran should not be worshiped even if he is the embodiment of good character. (Prasara Smirthi 8:33)

On the strength of the above, we received our punishment as follows:

Our forefathers were treated worse than slaves.

Our forefathers, both men and women, were forced to wear a long piece of cloth covering only the portion of their bodies from the hips to the knees, exposing all the other body parts for the benefit of the higher castes; called the Nada caste, they were placed at the bottom rung of the caste hierarchy.

Our women were forbidden by law to wear upper garments, or blouses, before the reputed upper castes.

Boys reaching the age of maturity had to pay a beard and moustache tax.

Girls reaching the age of maturity had to pay a breast tax. The tax collectors will come and measure the upcoming breast and tax accordingly. It is recorded in history that a girl cut off one of her breasts and gave it to the tax collector as a gift as she could not put up with the molestation of the tax collector.

We could not own any cattle or chickens; and if upper castes learned of it, they would be confiscated through the rule of law.

We were not allowed to educate ourselves.

Our women were abused as much as possible, which can be inferred from the following saying: It is sin to look at the modesty of the cow whereas it is the birthright of the upper caste to gaze at the naked modesty of the lower caste women and enjoy.

Any lower caste looking at the chastity of the cow should be thrashed with neem sticks, and any lower caste women found wearing an upper cloth should be thrashed with coconut frond sticks.

It was considered an insult to the upper caste women if the lower caste women were to wear an upper cloth, which is the traditional dress of the upper caste women.

We were people who were untouchable only as far as the caste system was concerned. The upper castes could not eat or drink from the same plate or tumbler that we use. We were treated with inhumanity. But when it came to raping or touching or enjoying our women, by some miracle, the bug of untouchability did not defile the upper castes, which otherwise would be defiled even if an Untouchable stood very close to them. The coming of Christian missionaries and their revulsion to seeing bare-breasted women wandering around them almost naked began the process of our transformation.

It took 37 years of struggle for us from May 1822 to July 26, 1859, to break out of this exploitation in a revolution called the Upper Cloth Revolts, supported by Christian missionaries and finally government legislation to free them of this indecent life.

It is a recorded fact that foreigners did not donate one single penny towards the cost of our freedom struggle but only gave us a
  • Dear Dr.Rathnam,

First of all I am happy that you raised these issues in this
    forum.Because some of your concerns are genuine-like the caste and
    varnas.Some views of yours can be viewed with a different mindset.

** Mother theresa looking after the the poor in calcattu was to
    convert people probably right but she did look after people as well

CMC's charity and adoptation schemes have christian names ofcourse
    sir why do you orphan good hindu off springs because you listen to
    idiotic banter like lets give birth to three children....and leave
    them in the street you dont look at the way they are sorted with
    education and shelter...

Hindus giving birth to many children is a result of
    ignorance,unawareness and poverty.If they want to help us that
    should not come at the cost of our heritage and culture.In
    orphanages these children are converted and thrown out at age of
    15.If such things happen in USA,there will be a hue and cry.We only
    point out this anamoly,which any citizen can do.They do a good job
    in helping these children,but calling it as "selfless service" and
    giving nobel prizes isnt correct is what I feel.Call it a religious
    service.Does religious service deserve nobel prize?

****Read Manusmrithi.....Its the literature apparently written by
    manu for his offsprings...Manu is the first human in hindu
    mythology.....It tells about all the different kinds panishments to
    be meated on sudras for even listenng to vedas....When was it
    written I dont know...Who wrote it I dont know but even african
    american organisations and cults claim that was the mother of Racism
    and apartheid and slavery...

Verses from Bible

(Colossians 3: 22-24): "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in
    everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to win
    their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord.
    Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the
    Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an
    inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are
    serving."

"When you buy a Hebrew slave, six years shall he serve; and in the
    seventh shall he go out free, for nothing. If he came in by himself,
    he shall go out by himself: if he were married, then his wife shall
    go out with him. If his master has given him a wife, and she has
    borne him sons or daughters, the wife and the children shall be her
    master's, and he shall go out by himself. And if the slave shall
    plainly say, I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not
    go out free: then his master shall bring him unto God, and he shall
    bring him to the door or unto the door-post, and his master shall
    bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever."

—Exodus 21:2-6.

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a
    sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service,
    as people-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God
    from the heart."

—Ephesians 6:5-6.

If I give verses in quaran on slavery,"treatment" of captured women
    it will be endless.Every religion has mud in its face regarding
    racism.Why single out and blame hinduism alone?

If dalits want to go to a religion which did not promote racism and
    slavery the only religion they can go is buddhism.Other religions
    accusing hindus of casteism as if they are perfect and holy is
    laughable.

> But is it what is practiced....Of all the people who are not
    muslims and christians and buddists and jains we collectively
    callthem Hindus....How many are not allowed to enter Temples...? Do
    we call ayyanar and karuppu sami as hindu deities or not....Why they
    were created by people who couldnt go to temples and enter them

These issues are there in every religion.Women are not allowed to
    enter mosques in India.Mary is accepted as god by catholics,but
    whereas protestants vehemently oppose it.Dan brown wrote that
    earlier christians worshipped mary magdhalene but pastors did not
    like it,since she was a female and made her as a prostitute.History
    is abound with examples of blacks not being allowed entry into
    american churches.

Timothy 2:12"Let a woman learn in silence in all subjection; but I
    do not permit the woman to teach, neither to rule over the man, but
    to be in silence."

St. Thomas Aquinas, "As regards the individual nature, woman is
    defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed
    tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex;
    while the production of woman comes from a defect in the active
    force or from some material indisposition, or even from some
    external influence."
    (source:http://www.creatormagazine.com/articles/default.asp?
    arttopicid=196&selid=1&topicid=27&level=3)

now what?This is a universal problem which persists in every
    religion.

Why blame hinduism alone is my question?

as jesus said "Let those religions who dint sin throw stones at
    hinduism"
  • *******In one of the coverages one of the SPs stayed out of the mutt
    and Periyaval calls him inside and he says that 'Naan Harijan Sami'
    and Periyaal says 'Oh ippo ellarum varalame'
  • Answer to the open letter

" The higher caste rulers of our area, when they visited our
    dwellings, pointed out that the women had to go to their abodes for
    their enjoyment. It so happened that in one place, after pointing
    out the women they needed for that day's enjoyment, they found out
    on returning home that the women of their choice were not sent to
    their abode for their enjoyment. The people of that locality had
    decided to disobey the dictate of the higher caste. This angered the
    rulers, and they invoked the Manu Sasthra and its associate
    scriptures and meted out severe punishments in the following ways
    using the following principles:"
  • Dear all,

Here impression is being created as if group(caste)
    discrimination existed/exists only in India (hinduism)

Even now in England, some of the protestant schools do
    not admit catholics. There were big fights between
    these groups. One group could not enter other group's
    area for some time.

In Pak & Iraq, shia & sunny muslims do not interact.
    Ahmadia group muslims are untouchable by majority Shia
    & sunny muslims in Pak.

Even in our own land, so called christianity have not
    brought mingling of christian nadars with SC
    christians. christian nadars consider SC christians as
    untouchable. There was a procession some years ago in
    Trichy by SC christians for the maltreatment by church
    & other christians.

If caste abolition is prime objective of christianity,
    then why they are christian nadars, christian
    vanniyars,christian pillaimars,SC christians. How
    church allows this. So castiesm is just a scape goat
    for conversion. Once he is converted to christianity,
    church is least bothered about so called " equality"

In south Africa, colour discrimination is still there
    among same religious groups

Why a Pope could not come from asia or african
    countries so far?

Bye
    MA Eswaran
  • Again I am wondering, how the westerners and our own people with
    vested interest have spoiled our minds. Translations for vedas were
    first written by the westerners. Sanskirt like other language, has
    words which gives many meanings for the same words. Every sloka can
    be interpreted in several ways. Westerners took only the wrong
    meaning and spread it to the uneducated mass only to convert them and
    still we people are following those bashyams as the original bashyam
    for vedas.

Sampath has thrown much light on this. Cho is writing an article in
    Tuqlaq titled "Hindu Maha Samudram" which is a must read for all, in
    which he ponders all these topics. Before three hundered years,
    people were happy and peaceful without much discrimination. RR's
    Talicheri kalvettu is a standing proof for this. The Tanjai pictures
    clearly show that even queens did not wear upper garments in those
    days. We have historic proof for all the equalities we had in the past
    (again talicheri kalvettu is the standing example where a King
    respects even the kadai nilai oozhiyan). But only after the europeans
    entered India all the confusion started. And we got corrupted in our
    minds and blindly follow what they told to confuse us. This weakness
    is what they are using for conversion, and thats what I am repeatedly
    trying to stress.But ....

The open letter was funny enough to read. Sampath has torn it apart.
    Any christian or muslim can very well have written that letter in
    disguise to tarnish Hindus image? can you prove me wrong??...

Sri talks about all the wrong things Manusmrithi talks about..Again I
    say i have not read manusmrithi. But if at all the scriptures define
    treatment to different varnas(I dont accept the caste based system,
    it was only varna dharma), the same scriptures also say that what
    deed of each varna will lead them to moksha..

A brahmin has to get up early, do his daily routines like
    sandhyavandhanam, do pooja, do yagnja, chant vedas the whole day and
    should always be doing all these for the welfare of the society. Its
    scientifically proven what impact the environment has when vedas are
    chanted and yagams are done. They should not posses any wealth, apart
    from their next time meal. These rituals will take the whole day and
    brahmins has to do all this throughout their life to attain moksha.
    It goes in the descending order and for sudhras its more than enough
    if they utter the lords name once, just once a day , to attain
    moksha. Why my dear friend Sri is not looking at this point?

Re. Misinterpreation of vedas et all..I read on article written by
    some vested interest in Islam. It goes like this. We Hindus pray lord
    shiva in the form of 'Lingam'. We all dont realise the basics behind
    our religion and thats our weakness. Lingam is called Aroopa Roopam ,
    the formless form. People like Benny hin will call Hindus as
    prostitutes because we do Idol worship and the so called seculars
    will clap happily for this. Hinduism says the higest form of god, the
    Brahmam does not have any form and Lingam symbolises it. Then why
    such a semi circular (to some extent) form is given to LIngam?
    Anywhere in this universe, if we stand in any place and look above
    us, the area which our eyes can see is only a hemisphere above us and
    if you can visualise, thats nothing but the form of Lingam and thats
    why shiva is given that formless form.

COming to the article (misinterpreation) I read. It seems Lingam has
    another meaning in Sanskrit. It denotes the male sexual organ. The
    article claims that Hindus are perverted and enjoy sexuality and
    thats why we have given the form of the male sexual organ to our god
    Shiva. And we happily name our children as Ramalingam(Rama's ----)
    Sundaralingam (Beautiful ---).. etc. Any sane person who knows about
    Hinduism will laugh at this. Does this make any sense? Probably for
    the poeople who go by the western/communist/Dravidian ideologies will
    accept this and say Hinduism is all bullshit..

Dr.Sri, whatever you quote about manusmrithi or the discrimination
    among the people refered in the scriptures etc. only reminded me of
    the above said artilce. I dont want to write this, but I needed an
    example to clear some of the misinterpreation you have. Any person
    who is against hinduism could have written the bashyam for the
    scripts which you could have read. That doesnt make the end of it.
    Thats what I repeatedly say, we have brains to think and we should
    think logically. Stray incidents do not make what Hinduism actually
    is. Please Please Please try to understand this.

I could not read the link you sent, because my office interet policy
    prohibits some pages based on the meta-tags. I dont know what the
    news holds, but I am assured that whatever ill feeling(probably
    adhamgam towards our religion) you have towards Hinduism is by
    reading news articles in papers etc. Again let me quote you how far
    media news are true. SPS very recently pointed out the mistake in
    Dina thanthi that the article reg. Aadichanlur kalvettu, misquoted
    Ashoka and Maurya dynasty as Akbar and Mughal dynasty. The mass who
    read such news will only belive the paper and even if you or I go and
    tell them the truth they will not belive. I personally have witnessed
    it. When I was doing my MCA, Kumudham came to our university for an
    article. They took interview of us and went back.Later whenthe
    article was published, whatever I said was published as told by my
    classmate, a girl, and whatever i never said were published as if I
    told them. oru panai sotrukku oru soru padam. THis is how media plays
    with news. Only 30%of what you read is true and if you think them to
    be ultimate, I dont have an answer to you. Even in Kanchi case, the
    entire media published all the wrong news for publicity, but whenthe
    Justice in Hyderabad high court blasted the media in on PIL and when
    the SC blasted the media, TN govt and the laywers for coming up with
    a case where there is not even a single evidence against the acharya
    in the murder case, no media published it. What will be the mindset
    of people who read the papers alone will have?They will surely think
    wrong about the acharya and will never know the truth. We should
    remember that our countries media is in the hands of the communist
    and they are anti-hindu, pro=muslim or pro-christian. They will
    publish anything for money. Kanchi case is again a standing example
    how our religion is targeted by the christians(its said that foreing
    missionaries with the help of sonia is beind this because Jeyendrar
    is the only person in thier path who is trying to stop conversion.)

As Krishna says in Gita, if you think, Hinduism is good it surely is
    good, if you think
  • Dear Satish
    Thanks for the open letter to Sri!!!
    There are two view points Satish....If I know my house is burning trying to stop it burning....Or Just sit tight and watch it saying but my neighbours house is burning even more vigourously....I take the first view point you choose the later...
    If you believe all that is read and taught and written was all western invention and we were impeccable before that these westerners must really be great writters of sanskrit!!!
    Because they have added Uthara Kandam....They have written manusmrithi....and so and and so forth.....
    If you choose to believe it thats your choice...
    May be we should go back to the days of olai suvadi and gurukulam and throw our computers and books out through the window....they are western inventions infact even a child knows that the spead of liberalised form of christianity..French and russian revelution were all possible only because of invention of printing press and paper...
    we have had some very nice discussions on Sivalingam in our archives Visit them....One of the theories was it was the symbol of unity with the male phalus and the female organ symbolising creation...the ultimate truth is creation of a new life and thats what it simbolises...
    Intersting concept of the horizon but inwhich case the lingam must be semilunar not cylindrical???is my physics correct? but thats a very nice concept after all we are talking about the 'adiyum mudiyum kaana mudiyatha paramporul.....'The concept equating it to wasteness is great...

The link was nothing but a coleection of articles on different papers and media....But it shouldnt matter to you because all it is what was written by anti hindu media!!!!

As Krishna says in Gita, if you think, Hinduism is good it surely is good, if you think its bad its surely bad. If you look through
    coloured glass everything will look coloured. Remove the glass and
    look at the facts
    Thats exactly what I am saying Satish and sampath accept our religion as it is rather than saying people have misinterpreted it its great...
    Nobody denies that Hinduism is a great way of life>>>Read it carefully A way of life.....But to claim its not been polluted and adultrated by lesser mortals is ....Not using the brain we have been given....

I know the value of my religion and I also know of the changes and corruptions it has undergone by various forces...
    Which are here to stay My voice is to change that but if you feel no we love it as it is....Thats fine...

Thats freedom by choice!!!

The entire mail is not intended for a single person called Sri, but
    to the entire group and if possible to the entire world. -:)

Never mind satish even if it was intended for me thats fine
  • Dear Sampath

those things because he is angry,not because they are
    true.
    so i presume all the articles cross references are all his own
    imagination I meant all the intercaste fights killings rapes etc??
    > regards
    >
    sri
  • >
    > Dear Mr Sampath,
    >
    > First of all I am happy that you raised these issues in this
    > forum.Because some of your concerns are genuine-like the caste and
    > varnas.
    Thank you

> > Why blame hinduism alone is my question?
    I am a Hindu so I want my religion to right the wrong done by someone
    with vested interests who distorted the facts
    >
    "Let those religions who dint sin throw stones at hinduism"
    >

My view point is similar sampath Let us sort ourselves first before
    throwing stones at others..

There is a belief that Christ visited india during his lost years
    learned sanathana dharma and preached it and thats what is
    Christianity...Theres also claims he sired some children and there
    are peope who claim they are decsendents of christ>>

I am being the devils advocate because The minute you see things with
    a thich mindset you loose all reasoning capacity like hitler's ideals

> regards
    >
    sri
  • Dear Sri,

I never said the westerners wrote the sanskrit text, I only said
    that they wrote most of the bhashyams, ie. the urai (like the konar
    tamil urai,what we call urai in english...krupa dont say saraya urai
    is saraya packet... -:) ).

Re. the example of burning house. You are mistaken. I am not at all
    saying that I will sit and watch my house burning. I too am like you
    trying to stop it. But I say its my home sweet home, I want to save
    it. I dont want a beautiful bunglow than this, my small hut is more
    than enough for me.Because I very well know I will loose my peace of
    mind if i get a bunglow which is just maya. Banks come to give me
    loan and convince me to get a better bunglow for a loan,but I say I
    dont want to get into debt and I am happy with my small hut. Its none
    of the banks business to preach me to build a bunglow if I stay in a
    hut. If I want I will approach them. If my small hut is burning, I am
    trying to stop it and thats why I am writing all these. If there are
    misinterpreations, ie. the fire, please get it clear. But you say
    that the house has all article which are flamable and hence the house
    itself is wrong and we should quit the house itself and should not
    have anything inside the house. On the contrary you also say that I
    am watching my neighbours house burning vigourously. Again
    miscommunication. I am not sure, whether I am not writing up to the
    point, or you are not getting it right...I will surely learn to make
    it more clear.

What ever you say, peoples life was much peaceful before the
    scientific inventions. If given a CHOICE, I prefer the olden days of
    life style. Scientific inventions, ie. maya, the comforts are the
    rootcause of all the evils in current days world. If you are not
    accepting it, you are cheating yourself. Only for money, only for
    comfort, todays man is becoming an animal. Without all these gizmos,
    the output of science, what will man do with money? So when there is
    no need for money, peace is sure to stay.

As Rajini says in Muthu,"kaiyil konjam kaasu erundhal neethan adharku
    ejamanan. Kazhuthu varaikum kaasu erundhal adhuthan unakku ejamanan."
    today we are slaves to money, thanks to the scienfic inventions.
    I think I am deviating to philosophy from religion.

Again let me request you, just because we have flammable material in
    the house, dont say that the House itself is wrong. The house will
    surely contain flammable and non flammable items. Its our
    responsibility to keep the fire away from the flammable items and
    thats why I am requesting you. Dont go behind the misinterpreations
    of fire. And I said only 30% of the news items are correct and if you
    want to belive in all the nonsense they tell, its your choice. You
    yourself accepted earlier that Aryan invasion theory is a myth, which
    was discussed inthis group earlier. The communist and the Dravidian
    ideologist still hold it dear to them. Mudhal konal mutrum konal.
    When their base itself is wrong, whatever they interpret about our
    religion is also wrong.Please dont fall into their traps. Thats whay
    I am trying to say. Lets try to keep the fire away from us, instead
    of throwing away the flammable things we have, which are of great
    importance to us.

Satish
  • that was a wonderful
    argument mr.sampath.
    Dr.Rathnam sir, these arguments never ends because all
    are human despite of any religion and too err is
    human.
    so instead of sleddging each other i would like to say
    that we should try to love each other or atleast
    co-exhists with each other and do something for the
    upliftment of the needy with out playing a blame game.
    my simplest policy is if you belive in god then it
    shall be with yourself do not force it to others.
    because only scientific factors can be able to prove
    by producing evidences. but regarding religion it is
    wholely a sentiment issue [ sorry nan
    yethupesiyiruntha].
  • Sridhar,

For your information,

"www.dalitstan.org"

used to be registered under the name of "Steve" or some name
    (non-indian), when i tried to get that info. now, it looks like they
    now changed it into "dalitstan", no other credible information..

It's easy to create any website and write all kinda stuff.. Our duty
    is to see through the motives. I'm NOT saying there was and is not any
    discrimination.. But it looks like you are beating an already "dead"
    horse further.. No one I talk to (atleast publicly) defend
    "manusmriti" (except the kanchi mutt's website) as it is.. We have to
    fight what we see being practised now, (like the "2 tumbler" system
    and other evils etc..) not what's been written in "manusmriti" /
    "uttara kaanda" etc.. And those books don't carry the relevance like a
    quran or a bible..

Also, we have to get ourselves disabused of the notion that other
    religions are egalitarian etc.. I was of the same opinion before..
    You'd be amazed to see the degree of bigotry preached in quran towards
    non-believers/ women / prisoners of war etc.... I believe we can find
    similar stuff in bible too..
  • Just thought this topic is relevant to this discussion

http://www.financialexpress.com/print.php?content_id=84474

Sundar
  • Sampath

Thanks for your kind mail...We are seeing the same endpoint in two different routes thats all

We want a unified common code equal country....and we are looking or argueing to acheive the same

Me wanting to correct from within and you wanting to protect it from outside...

In other words like police and military...Thats all

At the end of the day we want bhrathamada to be peaceful and happy

All i was trying to tell was Hinduism hasnt spread and gathered people from accross the continents by violence and without violence will it flourish

As for the bottom It was a statement I had heard somewhere...
    > ******(There is a belief that Christ visited india during his lost
    years learned sanathana dharma and preached it and thats what is
    > Christianity...Theres also claims he sired some children and there
    > are peope who claim they are decsendents of christ>>)*******

No sampath that was not refuting you it was just a statement which i heard somewhere...Infact Rushdie references it in his midnights Children though I must confess that I did not finish the book
  • Dear Sundar
    Thank you for drawing our attention to this article It did highlight a few things I believe

In Person

Monday, March 14, 2005
  • Facts check on this post:

"During Tsunami, ofcourse all the ngo's worked. But the first to
    reach out was RSS who singly contributed to 20% of the total
    effort." - As someone who lives in excel spreadsheets and runs stat
    models everyday, I am a little too picky about numbers. 20%? Which
    means that you have somehow managed to measure the amount of relief
    that poured in after the tsunami. Something which the UN still hasn't
    managed to do! Interesting! Can you give us hard numbers - number of
    people, organizations, places, all verifiable? Please note: I am not
    questioning that RSS or any other org did relief work. I am sure they
    did and I'd the first to give them credit for that. The same credit
    I'd give DYFI workers who did the same work. I only have issues with
    throwing hard numbers around without any evidence whatsoever!

"Why didnt Hinduism burst if it had suppressions?" - Same logic
    as 'Slavery never existed as Christainity is still around. There have
    been stray instances of slavery ofcourse but the Bible never
    supported it . Its all misrepresentation'. Revolutions are not all
    swift and bloody.

"I appreciate the western countries and the missionaries a lot. They
    are great strategists. They are not aiming and immediate conversion.
    They have a 100 or 1000 year plan, which started 300 years back." -
    No evidence, no supporting facts. Note again: I know very well how
    missionaries operate and I am not questioning whether they use
    underhand tactics(we all know they do). I only have issues with this
    100/1000 year plans and such conspiracy theories.

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. RSS/Hindu org.
    reacted but I dont think they acted at any point of time. Veena, why
    you are not talking about the godhra carnage but only talk about the
    hindus burning muslims on the streets? This is the Marxist or rather
    anti-BJP talks." - Not entirely sure what is Marxist talk! When
    someone says the answer to violence is not more violence, it does not
    mean that person is condoning violence on one side.

Veena
  • Questions on quoted "facts":

"We should remember that our countries media is in the hands of the
    communist and they are anti-hindu, pro=muslim or pro-christian. They
    will publish anything for money. Kanchi case is again a standing
    example how our religion is targeted by the christians(its said that
    foreing missionaries with the help of sonia is beind this because
    Jeyendrar is the only person in thier path who is trying to stop
    conversion.)"

- Any evidence for any of this? Our entire country's media(this
    includes everything from 'The Pioneer' to 'Tughlaq' to 'The
    Telegraph') is apparently in 'communist'(whatever that means)
    control! Wow. Foreign missionaries along with Sonia are behind the
    Kanchi mutt case - please note how our favorite 'Amma' is mentioned
    nowhere in the picture! She is a victim after all :)

Veena
  • Veens
    you seem to be on a fact finding mission...
    Sri
  • "*Gurukuls were never for the elite.people like kusela learnt along
    with the yadava lord krishna.People like 'therotti magan' karna
    learnt along with arjuna."

Anyone remember this kid called Ekalavya?
  • :) I'd surprised if I find anything concrete though! Its easy to see
    things as black and white but it makes one lose perspective.

Veena
  • "*Gurukuls were never for the elite.people like kusela learnt along
    with the yadava lord krishna.People like 'therotti magan' karna
    learnt along with arjuna."

Anyone remember this kid called Ekalavya?

vyasa bharatha clearly elevates ekalavya and says
    what drona did was wrong.There are many instances of bhramins
    accepting non-bhramins as disciples. vasishta accepted viswamithra a
    ksathriya as bhrammarishi and we have saying "vasistar vayal
    bhrammarishi".smartha Ramdoss accepted shivaji (a dalit) as his
    disciple.Valmiki and vyasa themselves were dalits.Vyasa fathered
    trutharasthra and pandu through ksathriya queens ambika and
    ambalika.So even arjuna was a dalit by birth.Did drona hesitate to
    accept them as his disciples?

Vyasa clearly says that it was due to the jealousy
    of arjuna that these things happened.Arjuna was jealous of ekalavya
    and begged drona not to teach him.Similiarly karna had a fight with
    arjuna and arjuna prevented him learning from drona using his
    influence.Drona listened to arjuna because arjuna had promised him
    that he will enslave durupatha whom drona despised so badly.

(requoted from message: 6038)
  • "Ya, answer to violence is not violence.Its love.I remember the
    quote "when somebody slaps you on one cheek show him the other cheek
    also" BTW the person who said this quote followed it also.What
    happened to that great soul as a result?"

He was crucified. But his followers did not give up. They started
    spreading his message. Today he is the man behind one of the largest
    religions in the history of mankind(though it has a violent history
    like most other religions). Even you call him a great soul. Might not
    have happened if he had slapped the guy back 2000 years ago.

Note: This is just an answer to what happened to him. I am quite non-
    religious and have no beliefs in whichever religions whatsoever. I am
    also not suggesting that one should show the other cheek. In a
    democracy, there are always democratic and non-violent avenues open
    (as we Indians should very well know). It might not work all the time
    but its better than revenge. After all, whats the difference between
    the killer and the avenger if they both do the same thing? Anyways,
    no point in all of us saying the same thing again and again.

Good Day!

Veena
  • > (I will tell you a secret.Great soul=thiyagi=bali adu=punnagai
    > mannan)All will praise such great souls but nobody will want to
    > become a great soul.
    >
    > Imagine a comical situation.Mother theresa did everything for
    > jesus.She sacrificed her marriage,life everything for jesus.She is a
    > great soul.She goes before god with a beaming heart.But to her
    > horror she finds out that God is Allah and not jesus.What will be
    > her situation?
    >
    > She wasted her life,thats it.What use was her great soul title ?
    > zilch.

ROFL.. this is funny..

>
    > Q:It might not work all the time but its better than revenge. After
    > all, whats the difference between the killer and the avenger if
    > they both do the same thing?
    >
    > A:Killer lives happily,the great soul dies happily.Thats the
    > difference.
    >

Yeah, we think about an idealistic life during childhood, but slowly
    realise we can live that ONLY in utopia..
  • Veena,

As I used to say, I have the habit of reading all the mails before I
    reply. This one is an exception.

I am not good at stats as you are. I was mentioning that RSS cleared
    more than 3500 bodies, most of them in decomposed state which all
    other ngo's did not even dare to go near. TNs toll is I think 12500
    in Tsunami out of which more than 3000 bodies were cleared by the
    RSS. I am sorry its not 20%,but even 3000 bodies out of 12500 makes
    it 24%, and I think it was more than 3000 (3500 not sure, but surely
    above 3000). Thanks for giving me a chance to let me know that RSS's
    service was much more than what I was thinking. I have underestimated
    RSS's service and thanks for clarifying the same.

Christianity is just 2000 years old and so many revolutions against
    the religion, its slavery etc. etc...Hinduism is ageless, belivers
    like me think its lakhs of years old. Comparing revolutions in other
    relgions which are hardly 2000 and 1500 years old against a religion
    without any revolution so far, which is lakhs of years old is like
    comparing Mt.everest to chinna malai in Sidapet...even a child wont
    do that.

Pope john paul, when he visited India two three years back said this
    (not sure about the wordings, but this is the crux) "First thousand y
    ears we converted Europe into Jesus land, next 1000 years we
    converted Africa and other other continents(I think America,
    Australia etc) into Jesus land, the next 1000 years we should convert
    the whole of Asia into Jesus land". 0-1000 AD Eorupe, 1001-2000 rest
    of the world, 2000-3000 Asia, particularly India. I think this is the
    message told by Pope. I never said it Veena, the pope himself told
    this. -:)

If I hit you, probably you may show me the other kannam like jesus or
    buddha. If you hit me, I will surely hit you twice as hard as you
    did. Thats human nature. That doesnt mean violence is answer to
    violence. Its sponteneous reaction. I said, hindu org. react but they
    never acted so far...

I think I have answered/cleared all your queries. You are most
    welcome to shoot more, we are ready to answer. -:)
  • Dear Ms.veena,

You are again tempting me to break my 6 years of practice, replying
    mails after I read all of them. Anyway, never mind. Change is
    inevitable.

The first day when i heard the news, I too, like others thoght it to
    be true. Though I studied in the University run by the Kanchi Mutt,
    we friends used to go and do namaskaram to Jeyendrar only for his
    kalkandu. Meaning, I never had any great affiliation or detachment
    towards the mutt or periyava.

But if you are closely watching the things happening, any person with
    some logic can deduce that its a well enacted screenplay. I am not
    going into details. If you want just look at the incidents happened
    and you will find that everything happens at a fixed pace.
    sollivechapala nadakuthunu solluva ella. andha madhiri..When they
    cant fix him one case, several cases are being charged against him.
    This incident has only gained a lot of support to the mutt and
    periyava than distroying thier image. Amma va pathi naan en sollale
    na, she is just a weapon. Her case is in Bangalore court, and
    Karnataka is ruled by Congress. Sonia's background work is greatly
    hailed even by the media(only a few ofcourse) in the Goa, Jharkand,
    Bihar politics today. So when she is capable of doing such things
    openly, she is capable of doing things unknowingly also. Probably as
    you say, we dont have proof to all these, and as Jeyendrar himself
    told to George Fernandes,"The truth will never come out".
    Ammakku kasu kudutha enna venumnalum pannuvanga.
    She lost the last years election. So for the next she is thinking
    about congress support. so logically.....
  • Dear Ms.Veena,

I forgot to ask in my previous mail. I am still waiting for your
    list, seriousa out of sheer ignorance.

1.Babri Masjid,
    2.I will add Gujrat Riots,
    3. I will help you out myself, Graham stains courtesy Bajrang dal.

can you please fill the gaps. All these happened in 2000 yeas of
    other religions presence in India.

My list is more than 1500 temples destroyed in Kashmir alone, in just
    20 years.

I will update myself with the hindu orgs. misdeeds and will try to
    change my views against RSS,VHP etc.

Please please please, enlighten me.

Satish
  • edhukkuthan ennoda policya follow pannanumngarathu. Read all mails
    before replying..hahahaa...ennada innailerndhu namma 6 year old
    policya mathikanumanu pathen, but now I feel happy that thats a good
    practice.

Veena, Sampath had already replied to the same question from Sri.
    Again just go behind exceptions. sri unga bashaila sollanumna,
    veena is in exception finding mission..hahahah..

satish
  • Dear Friends,
    This is something that has just come to me from the Agathiyar group.
    We have all been arguing as Indians about secularism, Hinduism so on and so forth. BUT LET US SHOW OUR SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT IN THIS ISSUE...PLEASE READ THE MAIL POSTED BELOW AND REACT....SEND IN MAILS AND NOT E-MAILS PLEASE.....!

respected sir, tamil studies should not be closed.never.i help you. i am toomuch of intersted in tamil. if you want i can help to any time. but the closing news is very sad. thanking you , yours faithfully, manjula
  • ayyooo..nane sarukittene. Principles, policy(Krupa LIC policy ella)
    ithallam vida koodathungarathukku this is the example. Today I am in
    principle breaking mission.

Satish
  • Dear Sriram
    Thats very upsetting but I presume you have taken the permission of the group before posting it here.In the past we have had some distressing mails for forwarding mails without prior consent.
    But it is very upsetting
    I will definitely write in his support
  • Hi,
    I am afraid I have not taken the permission of the group for having done this. But it was only in the interest of the subject mentioned that I did this. I was not aware that I had to get permission for me to do this. I am truly sorry about it. I shall post a similar message in the other group also immediately.
  • Dear Sriram
    This mail is addressed to a named person regarding a personal problem...Who happens to be a member of the PS group as well if he had intended to be for everyones benefit he would have forwarded it himself...

I forwarded a couple of mails on Vijayanagar empire and its history and was told off....So yaam petra inbam neengalum perukoodathentruthan
  • Hi,

One member asked in the open letter like this,
    ******* "Since in my present religion I do not have
    any caste, once
    you convert me back to Hinduism, will you provide a
    casteless place"

Suppose I come to chrisitianity, can you pl give
    "groupless" christianity.
    Not like catholic, protestant, pentakost, 7th
    day,syrian catholic,matheuma etc
    Did Jesus give such divsions? It may not be by the
    name caste but by some group.

Again if I come to say, catholic christian, then I
    have to be either nadar christian or pillaimar
    christian or SC christian or CSI Nadar christian etc.

Bye
    MA Eswaran
  • Just facts please:

1. "RSS cleared 3000 bodies" - Might be true but the evidence for
    this is? Some RSS website, I presume?

And you raise more questions. "Other NGOs did not dare to enter" -
    Every other NGO? And the evidence for that is?

2. Lakhs of years ago? Do you know the age of earth? Or the age of
    human beings? I mean facts, not beliefs. Slight difference between
    the two, I am afraid. I told you already, your belief is yours. I am
    not arguing against that at all. If what you have posted throughout
    is what you believe without supporting facts, just say that and we
    will end this conversation right here. I am more interested in facts.

3. A religion without a revolution? You are kidding right? Whatever
    happened to Buddhism and Jainism? Whatever happened to every saint
    who went against accepted dogma in Hinduism? What about whats
    happening in present-day Hinduism - in terms of lower castes
    exercising their rights? Just because Communism failed in the last
    century, is it right to say that the 1917 October revolution never
    happened?

3. Harvesting souls is def a Christian idea. But you said this
    strategy was put in place 300 years ago. And you also expect to
    believe that every missionary org in the entire world works with this
    goal in mind. Cool!

Veena
  • Thanks Satish. Yes, you are right - "The truth will never come out".
    How nice for the real perpetarators. And how nice for people who can
    spin any conspiracy theories. No evidence needed. Just some
    convoluted partisan logic.

And ofcourse, if the truth comes out, the "communist-controlled
    media" will never publish it.

Veena
  • I am not going to enter into this politics/religion debate again but
    I could not let this one go by as this is not about religion or
    politics or any such nonsense.

Becoming a 'great soul' is NOT easy. (Great soul(as defined by you)
    as someone who gives up studies/family and serves the poor in some
    African country). Try doing it for a week and you will realise what
    courage it involves. I have 7 friends who do that all over the world
    (no religious affiliations whatsoever) and do you know why they do
    it? Because they enjoy service; not because it will serve them in
    this life or in a later life.

If you cannot understand it, thats fine, but please do not demean the
    services of thousands of people all over the world who use their time
    to give something to the world expecting nothing in return.

And please do not say no one wants to do it. There will be no Doctors
    without Borders, no Red Cross(how many more voluntary service orgs do
    you want me to quote?) without these people. How many people do you
    want me to put you in touch with who do it everyday of their lives?

Veena
  • Sycophancy(dying for Vaiko or JJ or whoever) and service(actually
    helping the poor) are entirely two different things. I wish you
    wouldn't get confused between the two. If you call the first a "great
    soul", well, thats upto you! :)

And please read your own posts abt what you said before you claim you
    did not say them - 'Becoming a great soul is easy' , 'no one wants to
    become one, they will only talk abt great souls' etc etc.

Veena
  • Round and round and round we go!

If you cannot understand the difference between dying for some
    politician and actually living and serving the poor of the world(and
    maybe die in the process), well, I am done. I cannot but laugh at
    myself for trying to maintain a conversation with someone who equates
    one with the other. Lesson learnt!

First becoming a great soul was easy, Then it wasn't, now it is
    again. First no one wanted to become one, now 'many' are not willing
    to become one.

:)
  • CAN WE PUT A BIG FULL STOP TO THIS TOPIC.
    I SERIOUSLY THINK, WE DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHT TO COMMENT ON A RELIGION,
    FOR THAT SAKE ANY RELIGION.
    PLEASE LET US STOP IT HERE. ALL OF US ARE ADDRESSING OUR PERSONAL
    VENDETTA FOR / AGAINST RELIGION. I AM GOING TO DELETE ALL FUTURE MAILS
    IN THIS TOPIC.

SORRY, IF I SOUNDED HARSH.

RGDS,
    VIJAY

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters