Dr.R.Nagaswamy
    Former Director of Archaeology, Tamilnadu
    On Fresh Light on Indalur Copper Plate of RajendraChola

On Tuesday the 28th August, 2012, at 5.30 pm
    At Tamil Arts Academy,
    11, 22nd Cross, Street, Besantnagar, Chennai, 600090
    (near Krishna Sweets)

Synopsis :

The largest copper plates issued by any Cholamonarch comes from Thiruvindalur.in Nagappattinam district. It was found along with a number of Chola bronzes in front of the Mandapa of the local Siva temple in 2010. On account of its content and size it attracted great attention. In fact the reporter from the Hindu at Mayiladuturai, rang me up on the day of its find andelicited my opinion on the find. After my talk with her, for a few minutes I told her it was of verygreat importance and a Find of the Century. The Hindu flashed the news the next morning quoting me as" the find of the century". The next moment it became a very precious find. A brief summary of the Sanskrit portion by me was published in public. The full reading of the record has now been published by the Tamilnadu State Department of Archaeology recently. The publication provides the reading of the text with some usefulnotes. The royal record gives far more valuable information than hither to known. I propose to speak some significant aspect of the finds, and untouched parts of the record whichthrow more light on Government Administration Under the Cholas.

sps
  • Dear Sir

Being a week day many of could not attend. Can this be recorded at posted?
  • Dear Sirs,

If you could please record that, this valuable discussion will be stored
    for posterity and also people who are not staying in Chennai during that
    time will be sincerely thankful.

Requesting you to please consider it.

Nandri.
  • Ulleyn ayya
    Chandra

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters