Medieval Chola Empire and its relations with Palantheevukal (Maldive Islands)
  • Date: 26-2-2012

Anbulla Vasakarkale,

I give below the URL which leads to my Research Article titled the "Medieval Chola Empire and its relations with Palantheevukal (Maldive Islands) - to those who may find same of some interest.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?981-Medieval-Chola-empire-and-it-s-relations-with-Palantheevukal

Mikka Anbudan

Virarajendra
  • Dear Veera Rajendran Sir, Reallly a wealth of information, I can understand your heartache regarding piracy in the web....May be your book should be one which we should considering publishing as the first venture of PSPV publishing!Any thoughts friends btw a member asked you where you were based and you did not respond... KRSri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson
    To: ponniyinselvan@yahoogroups.com
  • Dear veerarajendran sir,

We cannot thank you enough for the tremendous amount of wealth you are showering us with. I sincerely hope and wish that these artivles gets published.
  • Dear Virarajendra Sir :

Your extraordinary work on Chola empire will not go astray I believe.  
    Publishers likeOxford University Press, Orient Longmans, would be 
    interested in publishing books like yours. You can get in touch with
    them and get all your works published properly. You need not regret
    over what piracy might do to your works. I think you must have
    spentyour whole life on these works and it is time for you to secure
    them at a safehouse like the above ! All the very best and goodlucks
    to you sir !

veegopalji
  • Date: 27-2-2012

Anbumikka Malarvili,

The evidences you requested regarding Airlanga, Sangiramavijayotugavarman's daughter, Sri Vijaya Asharma etc etc too will be included under the relvent sections of my main article in the Mayyam Hub Web Site - very soon.

Mikka Anbudan

Virarajendra
  • Dear veerarajendra Sir,

This again was an eye opener for me.

I have been finding and reading chinese records about chola missions from various sources. This simple article of yours give more info than many others combined together. I have been struggling with the same on two issues,

1. to identify the correct tamil names that are mentioned in the chinese records which arepronounced in pinyin here. (I have been trying to follow the chinese language changes through the centuries to exact the names. There are lots of it and recognising them in tamil would be just great.)
    2. The approximate time it takes to go across the sea. I have been getting different opinions about this from different sources. (I would like to map it up clearly for my story - the exact the route plan of our merchant guilds, the western merchantsand ourambassadors. Also the shortest possible route/plan that could have been used by individuals for the sole purpose as messangers/spies. )

As always your articles are much enlightening. Thank you.

With heartful of warm thoughts
    Malarvizhi Baskaran

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in any field, since the payment is pure love.
  • ISEAS has come out with the translations

http://nsc.iseas.edu.sg/others/nagapattinam_suvarnadwipa.htm

There are a few free downloads as well

http://bookshop.iseas.edu.sg/ISEAS/EbookDetails.jsp?cSeriesCode=PIC187&cCategoryType=

http://www.poetryinstone.in
    “*Here the language of stone surpasses the language of man*” – Nobel
    laureate, Rabindranath Tagore

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Malarvizhi baskaran
  • Dear Vijay Sir,

Thank you for rerouting me. I have a copy of the book and I am reading it currently. I suppose I haven't reached that part yet. I am still somewhere in first few chapters.

With heartful of warm thoughts
    Malarvizhi Baskaran

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in any field, since the payment is pure love.
  • Dear Vijay

I contributed a paper on Nagappattinam in this book. It covers many details which we are discussing here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters