Chennai Book Fair 2012 !! KAVAL KOTTAM
  • A scathing review of Kaval kottam by S Ramakrishnan

Âhttp://www.sramakrishnan.com/?p=505
  • Jayamohan's vies are given below.
    http://www.jeyamohan.in/?p=4612( actually it has 5 parts and once you go through1, then part 2 link is given below)

Jayamohans review is more interesting than the book itself. ( Have just complete 4 chapters )

Just wanted to share the other view.

My view is neither but felt that the author gives his personal and party views wherever possible - in second chapter itself the author gives some politically right but historically wrong statements.
  • finally the success of a book is in the sales.
    a whopping 2600 copies of kaval kottam were sold this year. whats that like 15 lakhs.
  • Again confirming that my view is neutral on the book - How many people will actually read that book is a real question? It is too heavy. I had an attendant to carry the books. If it is in 3-4 volumes, i can carry a smaller volume in my local travel and complete.
    The book has to be kept in the table and read. Only if someone spends 7-8 fulldays, the book can be completed.
    I am sure many will keep that book as trophy.
  • very many share your opinion shanker
    i think the book has too many eras within its covers to interest a specific reader

one very netral reader like you commented shanker

80% of those who buy kaval kottam will not finish it.

90% will be wary of the author again

100% will not buy a book because it has got a sahitya academy award again

venketesh
  • Mr.Rakesh and friends,
    Are kiiRRu' comments meant to elivate Tamill writinngs of novels. Gutter language

VKR
  • I am an ardent fan of S.Ra's writing on his social stories based on his travel.

But i feel his history writings are very biased.

1. He critises Kavalkottam for linking of village deities to hinduism .He had travelled all over the country but had not seen the Village deities being kuladeivams of every one in Tamilnadu irrespective of communities.

2. Now he is writing a history series in Junior Vikadan. All was going well. He was mentioning about English writing our history wrongly.This week he wrote about Askoka. Now he quotes all the british and writing Ashoka changed faith to Bhudhism because he disliked the dominance of a commuity.

Don't know from where he is getting all these. Will be helpful if quotes the references.
  • VKR,

I really dont know what is the reason for s.ra's scathing review and the counter review by manimaran..

just thought of sharing this ...

Rakesh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters