today's purchase
  • Hi All

Today's purchase:

1. Kavalkottam ( Need an assistant to carry this book) -

2. Kundavaiyin Kalikkovilgal ( on Dadapuram) from Sekar Padippagam

3. Varalatril manimangalam from Sekar Padippagam

4. Mamallapuram Pulikkugayum krishna mandapamum by Dr Baluswamy. Happened to attend the release function.

5. Aandavam Maruppum Aanmegame by Vikadan

6. Rajaraja cholanin kanthaloorchalai por- pudiya kalvettum pudiya vivadamum by C Ilango - Alaigal padippagam

7.Thanumalayan aalayam by Thamizhini

8. Chozhar Kalach cheppedugal by Dr Rajendran IAS

• True - There is a small trick.

The books will be in the vehicle. I have a fixed vehicle for travel in the city. It will go to tour bag on travel. Hence Can manage for some time.

But Kaval Kottam is somethingreally very big. One has to keep it in a fixed place and go to it for reading - like grand sahib or Ramayana.

Secondly it is a book for people who know basic history and a feel of South TN.

Otherwise the book needs a commentary - but magnificiant effort by the author. I completed first 2 chapters. Very interesting.

Easy way to understand thebook is to read Thiruvarangal Ula first and then read this.
    Again Thiruvarangan ula was out of stock yesterday.
  • Simply excellent. I'm going to invite myself to your library next time I visit chennai.
  • You are most welcome Gokul.

Today's Purchase are:

1. A forgotten empire by Robert Sewell

2. Jayamangala Stotram by Anandarama Deekshidar - 2 Vol

( Vj - Both Purchases are for Mrs Shankar and hence no prblem)

3. A real treasure - a copy that was lying in Tirunelveli Saiva Siddantha stall - Irandam Veera Naikkar Naat Kurippu - 1778 to 1792 - diary of a dubash in french India

Attended today the official release of cholar seppedugal by Dr Rajendran IAS. Dr Nagaswamy. Mr Trosky Marudhu, Actor Manivannan were present.

Inncidently Dr R N asked whether there is any stall by PSVP group?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters