7aam arivu film - surya as bodhidharma
  • Hi all,

I recently watched the trailer of 7aam arivu directed by murugadoss & surya is the hero ...
    from the trailer i guess present day surya is the bodhidharma in his previous birth ....

in one flashback scene, in one scene he ll in a monk wardrobe & long beard ....
    in another flashback scene, he ll like a prince practicing warfare ( like kalari fight ) near mahabalipuram ...
    from this i guess, his character must be bodhi dharma ( pallava prince ) who went to china and founded th
    shaolin kung fu .....

is there any authentic proof that bodhi dharma is a pallava prince ??

S Rakesh
  • Shaolin legends mention a "Vajramushti" martial art taught by a prince from Kanchipuram as the starting point of their Kung-fu.

But Tanlin (506-574AD), a disciple of Bodhidarma in his work "Two Entrances and Four Acts" mentions:

"The Dharma Master was a South Indian of the Western Region. He was the third son of a great Indian king of the Pallava Dynasty. "

I am guessing Bodhidharma must have been just one of his titles (one who preaches the dharma patha of Buddha), his real name is lost forever.
  • See how corelating. Once we were thinking Kanthalur Salai was like shaolin temple.

see now shaolin temple is kanthalur salai/kanchik kadigai.
  • Attn, Mail2karthikp

Sirs,

Zen school of Buddhism is in existence, even today in Japan.

'Zen' is spelt as 'ChEn' in China, Where Bhodhi Dharma landed in China first, and preached 'Dhyana Buddhisn'

Dhyana was pronounced as ;ChEn' in Chinese. There are mahy portaits of Bhodhi Dharma. Dr. Suzuki is the most widely known authority on Buddhisism
    Further Quite a few Englishmen have lived in Zen monastries. Zen school pay lot of attention on martial arts. Judo and KaLarippaaychal oin KeraLa , Karnataka and Tamilnadu have very great similarity, accepted by Japanese authorities on cultural history

Wiki covers all that I have said. But an unauthenticated doubt has been expressed, which I hope be challenged by Zeb schools in Japan.

V.KothaNda Raman
  • Attn : Moderaters,

Was this missed ?

VKR
  • Moderators attention : Please publidh this

VKR

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters