Singaperumal - Hara aspect of Narasimha
  • Hi,
    Singaperumal temple gives us a unique icon of Narasimha where he is shown with
    his third eye. Does this third eye represent the Shiva aspect within Narayana
    (Narasimha), a form of Hari-Hara? My current blog article talks about this
    aspect and assignment of this cave temple to Pallava rulers.

http://msg4saurabh.blogspot.com/2010/11/singaperumal-hara-aspect-of-perumal.html

Any feedback of yours is most welcome.
  • The main moorthi and his consort are sculpted from the stone of the cave temple itself.
    Lakshmi is sitting on the left lap of Narasimha, whereas in Thiruvali she is on the right lap, which is unique. That was the beginning of Devi worship. The single male god concept yields place to new forms. Look at Thirupathi also.

R. Narasimhan
  • Hi Saurabh

The Vaigunta Perumal temple is refered as Parameswara Vinnagaram by Thirumangai Alwar.
  • Dear friends

The world's first religion described God as Ahura Medhe.
    By repetitive use it became HARA HARA Mahadeva
    There is no question of Hari coming in.
    The etimology is interesting
    Ahura. Agra (ha can be written only as ga)
    Agarwala, Agarkar, Agarbathi and so on.
    When you want a negative, you prefix na
    Ahar Jan becomes Arjun
    Nahar...and nagarjun
    gram nagram
    Aryan and Na-Aryan Narayan

R Narasimhan
  • Sir,

With due respects...
    can you please provide the references for your claims? Which is the first
    religion you are talking about? which language is 'Ahura Medhe'?
    Any books, references, links, will be really helpful.
    If you dont have proof and if its only your view, the please send your mails
    stating that it your view .....
  • saurashtriyam, known as zoroastrianism.plenty of materials are available.I am a student of comparative religions and should know what i am talking about.the language is called avesta, maybe the vedic language.r narasimhan
  • Hi,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Narasimhan Rangaswami
  • yes sir..now you know everything.
    please study zoroastranism and you will appreciate what i have written.
    RNarasimhan
  • Dear dear ! What a callous retot ,

True that Persian has quite a few few words which appear in Samskrutha. This is given as an evidence for Aryan migration via Iran or Persia.

Devos versus Ahura is part of Persian Mythology There Ahuras arethe wicked. They are ultimately defeated and chase out of the country. Note that 'Ahura' sounds like 'Asura'.

The ahuras migrate via Afgan in to so called Indus valley. They called their enemies as 'Asuras' the wicked. What a turn of histoty !

VKR
  • Please read zoroastrian texts; that will make you wiser.

Ithink i have said enough, and let the mudslinging on halfbaked knowledge stop.

R. Narasimhan
  • dear Narasimhan

You should try you hand at writing fiction. You would give Dan Brown a
    complex

vj
    http://www.poetryinstone.in
    “*Here the language of stone surpasses the language of man*” – Nobel
    laureate, Rabindranath Tagore

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Narasimhan Rangaswami
  • I wish we just had a 'like' as in FB... vj..
  • hmm....Till date this theory is only on paper that some people migrated into
    the Indus valley.....and not yet proved.

Why no one is talking about a theory where these people migrated 'OUT' of
    Indus valley and used the same sounding words and stories in their
    literatures????

Am i the only one thinking this way??? :)
  • Sathish Sir,

All possibilities have to be considered in any research. Even 1% chance must be tentatively considered. So you are not wrong. You may , if you are serious, contact experts in this field and if possible attend the all India History congres conducted ,perhaps annually.

Even today all American catholics belive that the world was created by God 5000 years back. Recently a lady researcher has claimed her new findings that it is not five- but six thousand years !

Su you can remain with your own speculations happily for ever.

VKR
  • thanks for your advice.
    I wish you read some history, instead of assuming that you know everything.
    Emperor Cyrus pronounced as kailas and his son, Darius set up an empire which included gujarat, kutch, sind and part of western india. the state religion was zoroastrianism and a strict way of life was enforced.
    That is how saurashtra came to be pronunced. That way of life had a tremendous influence
    in the world.
    and that was also the beginning of thinking on different aspects of life and evolution of religions.
    That is why i wanted you to read zoroastrianism.
    R.Narsimhan
  • that is a bigger ghost. If you read the destruction of harappa, one of the theories state that 'out' migration as harappa was plundered.

- R
  • With all due respects....all of us here are tryign to learn from each other.
    I think I am the only half baked person in this group, who actively write :)
    and hence repeatedly ask for references so that I can learn. :)

Sash wrote - Hmm... I always thought that Zoroastrianism took its name from
    Zarathustra, who was known to the Greeks as Zarathusthra,

The following link substantiates his statement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism

When I searched 'ahura' I see that it is a divinity and not as
    'asura'...Sash said the same thing...But you are quoting otherwise..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahura

VKR wrote ' Devos versus Ahura is part of Persian Mythology There Ahuras
    arethe wicked. They are ultimately defeated and chase out of the country.
    Note that 'Ahura' sounds like 'Asura'.

which is opposite to what is see in the net..

plenty of materials are available.

Great! Could you please share with us?

We are asking for references, but simply get answers that there are plenty.
    As I said, we can learn better if we share knowledge.

Am I missing something....I am totally confused now :(
  • Saurashtra means 100 rashtras or states which form a single amalgamation.Remember among the 500 odd states that the Great Sardar integrated with India,about 400 were in Gujarat.Adi Sankar starts the Jyotirlinga Stotra with Saurathtre Somanatha.
    Regards,S.KarthikVandemataram
  • Read somewhere-

Saurashtra - Saura ( sun god) rashtra. Land of sun god.

Zerostrian - also has the same root word saura - sun god. Sun and fire are the same and zorastrians worship fire.
  • dear all-knowing friend

You must find time to read some history. The internet will help you.
    No one wants to score any linguistic point. Saurashtra was under the Sassanian and Persian empires for centuries. The religon was zoroastrainism (saurashtriam). They are sun worshippers. Why quarrel with hstory? I am sending you a map for details.

R. Narasimhan
  • Dear Sri NR sir,

I have been pondering on the points you raised.. and beginning to perceive in some direction ::

HINDUISM existed prior to every other Faith ..

Once Human developed Faith .. it was not named.. just remained so.

When ANOTHER developeed DIFFERENT FAITH .. that was NAMED and differed from earlier Faith and automatically the earlier Faith was became to be named HINDUISM ... may be even much later..

Since your view points are more related to JAINISM .. should examine the spread over of Jainism in the Southern and Northern parts of Vindhyas... Since INDIA or HINDUSTHAN was also became to known MUCH MUCH LATER.. Prior to that Anga.. Vanga... Kalinga.. 56 Desas only existed - as could be seen from the Puranas ..

Taking a sample of Chidambaram was a shrine of Jains.. prior to it became popular for Nataraja.. LET us take that single Sample..

Kindly substantiate the Mapping of Jain Spreadind / Colonisation - say from Thiruvottiyur to Chidambaram to Pazharai to Thirvarur (towards South East ) and Pudkottai - Madurai towards Southwest ..
    during Jain period (say prior to Bakthi Movement in 6th - 7th AD).

warm regards / sps

==========
  • Hinduism is an evolved religion. That is to say, an accepted amalgam of religious practices. I do not subscribe to the theory that Hinduism exisited before other religions.
    R. Narasimhan
  • IS HINDUISM ' ANAADHI ' - that did not have a beginning..

YES .. or NO..

I say :: YES.. and I can quote too certain references.

Before that - let us hear crip views from others too Sir.

rgds/ sps
  • SPS-sir,
    Sorry for long-winded answer, but considering complexity of Hinduism, answer cannot be straightforward. In fact, every religion other than Hinduism believes in 1 God, 1 major Prophet, 1 book and 1 major theology.

If you define Hinduism as the religion it stands today (i.e, belief in 1 Brahman, Vedas as authoritative text, reincarnation/rebirth), it is not Anaadhi. Even in Vedic times continuing until now, we have different theosophical schools within Hinduism. Some of these ideas may have been pre-historic and some have been developed in Vedic times and some even later in Adi Shankara's/later times, but we cannot claim the whole body of thought as it exists today is Anaadhi.

If you define Hinduism as a umbrella/collection of different religious aspects, then we can say it is Anaadhi. Right from the day hominids used their brain and thought about why it did or did not rain, who created/controlled nature, etc, theosophical thinking started. Many wise men came to different theories and conclusions. The Vedas can be seen as a anthology of different thoughts/rsearch on the topic by different rishis/wise men, who did not always agree with each other.

To me, its like saying "Gravity is anaadhi.. some people may have noticed/wondered about it long ago and given different explanations for this. However, until Newtown firmly developed the law of gravity with proof, we cannot say we knew about Gravity. Hence, knowledge about gravity is not anaadhi"

My 2p.
    Deepa
  • There are 4 basic aspects of Hinduism

1. Karma and rebirth theory

2. Vedas

3. Sacrifice through fire ( again we may say zeroster - same or diff)

4. There is one brahman but in different form.

Secondly we are discussing with a small part of vedas which survive. The Anadhi group belives the whole exists for a long and every thing has a vedic basis.

will discuss on this topic - once back.

On the run - one more treasure today. Will post
  • Thanks for sharing your views .. !

May take a week or so to put some Quotes ..
    ( no reference is handy )..

Will begin with some quotes from Mahaswami's Deyvathinkural,

Dr. Radhakrishnan's views on Hindusim - your very familiar grounds.

rgds / sps
  • Deepaji and SPS sir,

This is an interesting development. May I suggest to Deeps to simultaneously bring out the thoughts of Dr. S. Radhakrishnan.I am eagerly looking forward.

VKR

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters