Details required - Kangai Koda Solapuram
  • Hiall,

Nice to meet you all here. My native is thanjavur, we are planning to visit Kangai Konda solapuram with all family members. i need some details like

1. How far from Thanjavur ( Approx Kilo meters)
    2. What is the visiting time
    3. What is near other important places

Please do the needful.
  • Ariyalur Dt. experts,
    I'd like to know other important places near GKCP, also, please.
    kathie
  • freind,
    from chennai one can come to chidambaram via east coast road. then proceed to kattumannar koil(25km) here we have good cholan temples. then proceed to GKCP (15km) then proceed to pazhuvoor westwards. pazhuvoor has some 800AD temples. then proceed to lalgudi and then to srirangam. the road from trichi to chidambaram is now repaired. it is 140 km in all. on the way one can find several smaller structure which have to be identified.
    from GKCP there is vridhachalam(30km) in the northern direction. it has a beutifull temple built by kandarathitha cholan. from vridhachalam one can go to interior pockets like thitakudi which has a few siva temples. from titakudi it is easier to go back to chennai or trichi via the national highway.

vridhachalam thitakudi route is one of the fertile regions in the country ,journey is very enthusing too.

gandhi
  • Excellent directions
  • hi
    Approx kms Thanjavur to Gangai konda Cholapuram - 73 kms via KumbakonamApprox kms Thanjavur to Gangai konda Cholapuram -81 kms via Paluvur
    Timings Morning 9 Am to 12.00 Pm & 4 Pm to 8 Pm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters