Kothamangalam subbus centenary celebrations on november 10
  • Dear elders
    Namaskarams. I am a silent member of the group and shd admit I enjoy every bit of d conversations tat happen in d group. My name is subbu and I am the eldest grandson of shri kothamangalam subbu. Our family has felt it appropriate to celebrate the 100 th birthday of my grandfather on november 10th at bhartiya vidya bhavan in mylapore. I am sure many of the chennaites might be aware of the same already however I feel highly privileged to send this group an invite and would personally request u all to come grace and add flavor to the function. The invitation is attached in d next mail. Spl thanks for all the discussions and regard shown in d forum for my grand father
    Subramanian mahalingum
    Mobile 09885078228
    Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
  • HEARTY WELCOME TO THE GRANDSON OF
    KOTHAMANGALAM SUBBU !!

RESPECTED KOTHAMANGALAM SUBBU's
    MAGNUM OPUS " THILLANA MOHANAMBAL "
    AND " PANDHA NALLUR BHAMA "
    REMAIN EVER GREEN IN TRADITIONAL TAMIL LITERATURE !!

SUBRAMANIAN MAHALINGUM SIR,

PLS DO SHARE YOUR MORE OF YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THESE WITH US..

GREETINGS AND REGARDS / sps

============
  • DEAR SIR,

WE WISH THE CENTENARY FUNCTION
    ALL SUCCESS ON THE 10TH NOVEMBER
    AND SOME OF US WILL TRY OUR BEST TO BE PRESENT.

WARM RGDS / sps

===========
  • Dear Sri Subramaniam Mahalingam

We wish the function all success. All the characters of Thillana are still
    living in our memories. I have a doubt for years that the characters of Thillana
    were from inspirations from real musician and dancer besides the love of arts of
    the Great Writer. Will you please tell us a little about by whom Sri
    Kothamangalam Subbu was inspired?
    Wishing again every success for the function.
  • Dear Subbu Sir,

My heartiest wishes for the centenary celebrations. Will try to attend the same.
    Incidentally i'm just reading one of his great works 'Rao Bahadur Singaram' and it is an understatement if i say that i'm in awe of his works.
    I want a small information from you sir. I was unable to get hold of Thillana Mohanambal in any of the stores or online sites. managed to get all his other works from Vikatan.
    If you can tell me some place from where i can get this book, i would be great sir.
  • I will gift u one pls send me ur address
    Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
  • Our heartiest wishes for the function.

Warm rdgs
    Gokul.S

Mr Mouli: Thillana Mohanambal is available from Palaiappa Brothers.
  • Dear,
    Wish the function great success. I never forget his writings and try to attend the function on 10th November
    Dr L. Kailasam
  • Dear Sir I am sorry I couldnot make it due to my poor mobility. I have missed a
    very good meet/

VKR
  • I read Thillaanaa Mohanambaal in the mid seventies and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish I lived in Chennai to attend all these events and meet all these wonderful people!
  • Gentlemen,
    All Yaniz book publishers have organised a permanant Book Exhibition ( Entrance
    at Wastern side wall of the library ).
    It is open on all days 9..m to 5.30 p.m.

VKR

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters