Thanjai Periya Koil outer wall being broken to get VVIPs enter
  • Please click this link in Dinamalar to read how the wall of Periya Koil is being broken to make way for our VVIPs to enter into the temple..It is being done because of the superstition that sitting ministers and politicians who enter this temple dont get elected again!

For this they are demolishing the wall..how come the ASI and others keeping mum.

http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=86193

A.Vaidyanathan
  • These guys are nuts. Heights of stupidity and deplorable status of heritage
    conservation. someone need to take up with UNESCO

http://www.poetryinstone.in
    “*Here the language of stone surpasses the language of man*” – Nobel
    laureate, Rabindranath Tagore
  • Dear,
    Plese see the priya kalyana raman article on karuvur thevar in the current kumudam
    YOurs
    Dr L Kailasam
  • Hi,
    Sorry to say this but this country has many godmen who are above the real God.
    By godmen, I do not mean swamis and others, but those self-proclaim lords who
    either are involved in running this country or flying high on the support of
    those who runs it. This culture is rotting India and if this continues then we
    will reach a low which we might have not thought ourselves.
    In my recent trip to Trichy, all the roads and gullies were covered with
    political posters/hoardings. Everywhere you see Karunanidhi, Staling and I do
    not know who others. Posing in various forms, Sometimes reading something,
    pointing to something etc etc. These are the so-called VVIPs who are the current
    gods who can turn any rule any regulation to just get profited. The more sinuous
    are those people who just for little profit or interest worship these so called
    VVIPs. I hate this and strongly condemn this and I make sure that I will never
    fall in such a situation where I need to worship some stupid bunch of people,
    better I will let my interest go.
  • Words fail me. Should I get sad, mad, angry or jut cry?

GRS
  • Dear,
    I am afraiding for the sentiment. Will this affect the Leaders of our country?
  • Hello Sir,
    I understand your concern, and what i expressed was just my opinion. I only
    think that we have very few leaders left in the country, all others are just
    make money and get status kind of people. One example I quote of our neighboring
    state Andhra where after the death of YSR Reddy his son his trying to claim his
    inheritance, without thinking a bit that what he has done to deserve it.
    Leadership does not come with inheritance but you need to get it with your deeds
    and works.
    Another example is of those few IIT guys who tried to fight an election in
    Tamilnadu. I am not a person to comment on their character but being coming from
    IIT, it was assumed that they would do some good for the country. However what
    happened with them, no seat was won. What will happen to their morale, I don't
    think that they will have courage to fight election again.
    I should stop now as this is not the forum where this all should be
    discussed. We people appreciate art and get sad when something like that in
    Tanjai is done.
  • How idiotic, and how typical of our politicians. Can one be shocked without
    being surprised?

And all this to celebrate the 1000th anniversary of the very temple they're
    destroying like this?

If they want to believe in all this mumbo jumbo, I'd suggest that they stay
    away from the temple in the first place (given that keeping their worthless
    seats seems so important that they're willing to go to any lengths to do
    so). This, yet, from the party that's supposed to be "atheist" and
    "rationalist"; we always knew that it was all a sham, and now they prove it
    once more.

Also, isn't there already an entrance from Sivaganga to the temple? Why
    can't they just use that and go their way?

Shash
  • As long as we run after VVIP s to dominate every function or event this is what
    we can expect.
    will there be a lawn and garden etc after the stampedes from party cadres?
  • அன்புக் குழந்தைகளே, உங்களால் எப்படி பொறுமையாக இருக்க முடிகின்றது? அன்று கோயில் உள்ளே சிலை வைக்க முயன்றான் ஒரு மனிதன். மத்திய அரசு வலுவாக நின்று தடுத்தது. இன்று அதேதுறை எப்படி அனுமதித்தது?
    ஒவ்வொரு கல்லும் பேசும் சக்தியுள்ளது. நம்மிடம் பேசும். ஆனால் புகழ்ப் போதையில் வரலாற்றில் கரும் புள்ளி வைத்துவிட்டார்கள். ஆட்சி முறைமுதல் அனைத்திலும் உயர்ந்து நிற்கும் அந்த ராஜ ராஜ ராஜரின் உயிர் அந்தக் கோயிலில்தான் இருக்கின்றது. அவர் என்ன தவறு செய்தார்? அவர் உயிர் துடிக்கின்றது. அவருடைய ஆசை, அவர் கற்பனை அந்த மாபெரும் கலைஞனின் உணர்வைக் காயப்படுத்திவிட்டது
    அரசு. மன்னிக்க முடியாத, மாற்ற முடியாத தவறு.செய்துவிட்டது அன்று சிலை வைக்க முயன்றவர் கலைஞர் அவர்கள் தான். அன்று மறுத்ததால் இது பழி வாங்கலா? அன்று ஆட்சிக்கு வரவும் இதே தஞ்சை மண்ணில் மலர்க் கிரீடம் அணிந்து குதிரைமேல் பவனி வந்த செய்திகள் உண்டு. ராஜ ராஜன் மேல் ஆசை என்று நினைத்தேன். அவன் மேல் ஆசை என்றால் அவணைப் புண்படுத்தலாமா
    ராஜ ராஜரைக் காதலிப்பவர்கள் எத்தனை பேர்கள் தெரியுமா? எங்கள் காதல் வேஷமல்ல. துடிக்கின்றோம். இது கொஞ்சம் முன்பே தெரிந்திருந்தால் நிச்சயம் படை திரட்டி உங்கள் முன் வந்திருப்பேன்
    தவறு செய்துவிட்டாய். தவறு செய்துவிட்டாய். உண்மைத் தமிழனைத் தலை குனிய வைத்துவிட்டாய். போற்றிப் புகழ்ந்த ஒருத்திதான் இப்பொழுது புலம்புகின்றேன்
    மேழிச் செல்வி
  • In the arrangement Committee - ASI person is also represented.

sps

======
  • தகவலுக்காக்ச் சொல்லுகின்றேன்
    இடிக்கப்பட்ட சுவர் நம் மாமன்னர் ராஜ ராஜரால் கட்டப்பட்டதில்லையாம்
    நான் சம்பந்தப்பட்டவர்களை விசாரித்து அறிந்தது
    எதுவாயினும் கடவுள் கும்பிடுவதே முட்டாள் தனம், மூடப் பழக்கம் என்ற கொள்கை இனி அவர்களால் பேச முடியாது. கொள்கை என்று பேசுகின்றவர்கள் அந்த வாயிலில் நுழைந்து சென்று கொள்கையைக் காப்பாற்றியிருக்க வேண்டும். திராவிடக் கொள்கை சாய்ந்துவிட்டதே
  • Dear
    Even a seperate way was made in chidarambar koil for nandanar a great vvip during that period
  • Sir, yesterday I went to Big Temple with press reporters to confirm whether the
    wall was broken or not.Actually they are levelling the path already
    existing.Officials expect thousands will throng the temple.As you said it is not
    possible for the VVIPs to enter the temple thro' the main entrance.Hence they
    planned a seperate pathway from Sivaganga garden, cross the 2nd entrance and
    will enter into the temple a door to the south of Varahi temple.Our members need
    not be perturbed.
    N.S
  • An excellent statue is going to participate in Tanjore exhibition. this
    statue was taken by the King Rajendra chola when he defeted the king
    Mahipala empire and taken as a victory symbol to GKCholapuram.
    In this statue the Lord shiva dancing on a bull with spreaded ten hands
    with various weapons in his hand all other deities surrounded his feet was
    an excellent master piece of pala period, after Rajendra this statue was
    given to the temple (Kadambur) Melakadambur- Sri Amirthakadeshwarar temple
    built as like as a chariot like structure by King Kulothunga I in 1110AD.
    pieace is coming to public view in Tanjore exhibition.Or otherwise this
    statue can be seen on pradosha days(4.30pm-
    6.00pm)
    Vijay..Trustee Kadambur temple
  • DEAR LK

I have completed 200 pages hope to finish the rest by this evening.

The flow is better...ages are more appropriate...please try to keep a consistancy in mariyathai panmai...If it is Kasibar...it should be arasar and avar...or Kasiban and Avan...etc

I am not sure if this is too late to make changes

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: ponniyinselvan@yahoogroups.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters