• Dear All
    Heart Wishes for a successful Peravai
    Will terribly miss not being able to attend
    Sri

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
  • Dear Rahul
    Many congratulations.....Wihing you a happy married life
    Sri
  • Before invasion of Moghul, Chola King invited Turkish of the Seljuk Turks from Ottoman Empire from the factions of Hanafi school (Known as Rowther in Tamil Nadu) for trade link in 1212 AD. A biggest armada of Turks traders and missionaries settled in Tharangambadi, Nagapattinam, Karaikal, Muthupet, Koothanallur and Podakkudi. Turkish Rowthers were unable to convert Hindus in Tanjore regions since Hindus were very stubborn in their belief, so the Turkish mission and traders settled in this area's with their armada and expanded to a moderate size of Islam community. These new settlements were now added to the Rowther community. Hanafi franctions have a mix of fair and darker complexions because they were more closely connected with the Turkish than others in South, they also follow purdah same as Turks and Iranian compared to Marakkars who just wear sarees. There are some Turkish Anatolian and Turkish Safavid Inscriptions found in wide area from Tanjore to
    Thiruvarur mainly in Koothanallur Big Mosque and Chinnapalli and in many villages. These inscriptions seized by Madras Museum and are available for public viewing. Contact Archeologic Division at Madras Museum, for viewing and further research. Some Turkish inscriptions also stolen from Big Mosque of Koothanallur in 1850.
    There are two factions of Rowthers in Tamil Nadu, Sultan Ala-ud-din Khilji's (Moghul) clan covers majority of Tamil Nadu while Turkish clans remains in Tharangambadi (Nagapattinam), Karaikal, Muthupet, Koothanallur and Podakkudi until now. Both Moghul and Turkish Hanafi expanded with population of almost 1 million Rowthers.

ttp://in.yahoo.com/trynew
  • Check out this link for Udayar review.

http://abiappa.blogspot.com/2009/10/1.html
    Shobha
  • Dear all

There's a msg in there somewhere for all of us!!!

http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=Hds3jvjZY- Y

Sri
  • Dear members,

Dear,

I have uploaded a
    historical short story for your kind reading and requested your valuable
    remarks. The said story is available in the file section of PS Group.

I hope you might have completed the reading of the story. Now it is
    time for sending the remarks. I request you to kindly send your remarks at the earliest.
  • Dear,

I am very thankful to you for the excellent work you are doing. Really
    you are Navina U.Ve. Swaminatha iyer.I will the soft copy of the story
    before edition at kalaimagal office to you at the earliest. Because of
    the font and software problem I could not do it immediately. However I
    will send a hard copy to you if you inform your address to my email address.
    lkailasam@yahoo.co.in
  • S.M.T.Selvam
  • Dear All

Here I want to highlight One more atrocity by Hindu Media itself.

Groups like Kumudam, Anadavikadan etc have now multiple magazines coming out from their group to cater various sections.

1.In Kumudam Reporter . Articles will come bashing Hinduism, Kanchi acharyas, Beliefs etc
    2. Kumudam Bahthi will glorify hinduism
    3. Kumudam Jyothidam will critisise magazines writing against Hinduis and cry the greatness of Hinduism.Kumudam family donating 1008 gold coins for Paramacharya.

All printed by the same machines.

In Junior Vikadan Agnihotram thathachariyar will write that there is no ram setu and in Sakthi Vikadan Seshadrinada swamigal will write the existance of Ram setu.

In Junior Vikadan will write all stories about kanchi mutt and Sakthi Vikadan on Kanchi Paramacharyas greatness.

Simillarly Arasiyal/Trisakthi.

Waht should we call these magazines run by hindus?
  • Hi
    Just Curious Did Murugan have the peocock before Soorasamharam?
    Sri

New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
  • Yes. In the south Indra is supposed to have been the assumed vahana. Northern texts quote the vahana as Parvani -the Peacock.
    Among many meanings it is also noted for fertility and vigor.

- R
  • Dear

Muruga has more vahanas

1. Indra sent his Elephant Aiyravadam. ( Murugans vahanam in Thiruttani and Swamimalai)

2. There is Ajavahana Murugan ( Goat)- In chidambaram tower
  • dear prabhu sir, i hope the road some may damage but plese go, go by car and please see the melakadambur temple which i this in a solai or sourounding of more trees the way to it is kadalur, vadalur, sethiyathoppu and go beyond sethiya thoppu there is pappaakudi there you enquire it is a fentastic temple i think you never seen then please visit by going oppisite road of kangai konda solapuram koil there is a kaavaltheivam enquire it at museam opp koil and there you stunn see a very big elephant which double high of an elephant and two horses seing each one and it is also a very big one and kindly reply me ur opinion about these thank you

somasundram

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
  • mr.sankaranarayanan, you made good questions to get the pilliars birth or begining year i think ur questions get more and most results wishes
    somasundram

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage. http://in.yahoo.com/
  • It would be nice if all the members do not waste their time in unnecessary arguments.  Debates should not intend to hurt any individual or religious sentiments.  After all, all are educated.  We should behave in a matured way.

Raj
    New Delhi

• I request mark and shanker not to addreass each other directly

moderators
  • Dear members,

The easiest and decent method to carry forward Individual issues - if any - is through private mails among the concerned...

There are SEVERAL LEARNED members amongst us - like Viag Dhivakar (of Vizag Tamil Sangam having Written and published on Mahendra Pallava - Thirumalai etc., etc)
    - respected Venkat - Moderator - Written and published sequal to PS - Kavirimyndhan (last year CM picked his book in the book fair) - Thillaiyilkollaikkaran and BIOGRAPHY on KALKI -
    - Gokul - Moderator - Written and published Rajakesari - Muruganandam - Written and published Biography on Feroz Gandhi / Kushwantsingh -
    - dear member Rajniramki - Written and published on Rajnikanth / Dr. Kalaignar,
    dear member Pavithrasrinivasan - writing children stories in Chandamama and translated Sivagamiyinsabadam for Project Madurai -
    dear members Natarajan / our dear Dr. Kailasam have also published their works !

our dear Viswaksenan was in KALKI MAGAZINE for more than two decades and has written 2 historical novels.

Most of the Writer members - were honoured by Kavippararasu Vairamuthu on the August 15th this year - in our PSVP meet. Kalkli Editor Ms. Seetha Ravi presided over and also honoured our members.

Kalki's Daughter Gowri narayanan, (PS Sequal writer) Vikraman, PS Stagedrama Pioneer Kumaravel (Abhiyum Naanum Cine fame)- Dr. Sriram partook in the OPEN HOUSE well conducted by Venkat and Muruganandam and Kalki's Daughter observed :: I am fearing to talk among the well knowledgeable audience (of PSVP) !!

our respected member Dr. Sridhar - Moderator - is a Surgeon in the United Kingdom. He hails from Thanjavur and his love for PS and heritage is well known if one goes through his mails.

our dear Vairam from the USA is popularising Sangam literature through his wonderful blog : karka nirka.

our dear Vijaykumar from Singapore (Shipping) Moderator - is popularising Ancient Sculptures and Iconography in particular - through his wonderful blog : poetry in stone. Today Dr. Kalaikkovan appreciated his works very much over phone to me.

Satheeshkumar's blog re Thanjavur - respected member Shoba Ramakrishnan's blog etc. are well appreciated..

We have Sriram from ASI who is preseving and popularising ancient paintings.. We have Sriram Rajaram - expert in contemporary paintings ... translating finer details re cultural details to French / Spanish.. Ashok Krishnaswami - Arvind - expert photographers presenting art in its finest forms.

Our respected member Venkateswaran Kasirajan is running a Software company and is very keen in studying ancient tamil scripts and avid collector of ancient coins..

We have Malathi madam from the USA .. Katherine from the USA.. Ravi from USA (Infotech ) ...

Our respected member Seethalakshmi madam - has written and published sevral short stories and has been writing in the web continously.. and is member of several other forums too..

We have (Plastic) Chandra who is innovative in so many arts and dedicated in preserving our cultural assets through REACH Foundation and Temple Cleaners Group...

Among us we have NASA Dr. Naa. Ganesan .. some of the family members of Kudanthai Sethuraman ... Dr. Thyaga Sathyamurthy... Scientist Arun Krishnan to cite a few.

We have a Sernior Central Government official among us - Mr. Jeyakumar - who published (and put for free down loading) a book on Zodiac Signs and Indus Vally scripts.

We have Ragothaman - hailing from a Great painter family. His mother has also contributed painting in our PS Group Souvenir.

From our Group - Kamal / Lavanya / Ram / Gokul under the effective guidlines of Dr. Kalaikkovan and Dr. Nailini initiated www.varalaaru.com.

Moderator Mr. Venkat family is directly related to preservation of Kalayarkoil and his relatives re Thiruvengadu / Rameswaram temples etc.

Our dear Thiru @ Thirumalai has improved our visilibity to vastly.

SPS - Moderator - after completing Defence services as metallurgist for more than a decade and with another two decades work in Construction industry - now has completed MA / History in Madras University and M Phil in Annamalai and enrolled for Doctorate in Chola History. Also one of the founder members of REACH Foundation.. promoted for preservation of Cultural Heritage.

(omissions inadvertant.. pls forgive)

Average age of our group is around 30... and most of them are well educated .. technocrats .. mostly in software - management cadre.

We have been voicing our concern whenever any cultural asset is affected. We have represented to the Government authorities re digitalisation of inscriptions - formation of HERITAGE CLUBs in Educational Institutions - training programme for Youth re Tourism etc.. We have been instrumental in initiating inscription reading courses etc. etc.

Above all we feel as a family.

Dear Member Udanx, Sivaram kannan - Moderator Krupa - Rahul Dinikaran (CEO / Kalki Technology) - Swetha Jeevan - invited us for their family functions and some of us have attended.. and have been always interacting ...

Our postings are viewed World wide .. and are often quoted.

Now that we know more about our Group let us move towards more accomplishments in the coming New year and years to come.

With warm greetings to all the members and their family for a Happy, Prosperous and Peaceful New year..

sps & moderators.
  • Dear SPS,

After reading your mail I am reminded of one of the ASTERIX series -- Which
    reads We are Gauls

We Respect for the vast knowledge of some of our members
    We Learn from the knowledge of our learned members
    We Appreciate others work / effort in passing on the knowledge to the whole
    group
    We also Fight -- Over a Topic when we discuss (Hi Malathi long time we both
    discussed something)

We are Gauls ... Oops We are PS family members

~ Udanx
  • Love to be in this group.
  • I WISH A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL MEMBERS AND THEIR FAMILY.

REGARDS

RAJ
    NEW DELHI
  • Hi,

>Enna kodumai saravanan,ippadi panna neraya road accidents aagum, >insurance would be a nightmare :-)
    >Apuram metti / thali design la id card / finger print scanner ellam >varum... kadavule... :)

- R

This is the problem with the present day level of people.

There are confused between the meaninful system which was existing several centuries ago and the present day to day activities

Earlier dhoti was the main dress of the males in south india. Now it is mostly incovenient. Will you again call saravanan for these changes?
  • I WANT TO MEET RAVIDHASAAN AND ASK HIM CORRECTLY WHO KILLED AAADITHIYAH

somasundram

• Bharatha thaaiyai paninthu vanangum veera mainthar naam
    Arpanamaavom avaL thaaLinile thooya malargaL naam
    Pesugirom palamozhi aanaal betham ingillai
    VangaLa mozhiyum inba thamizhum engaLathendriduvom
    Kavin malayazham kannadam telugu hindiyum engaLuthe

Kumarimunaiyile thavam sei sakthy imaiyamurai esan
    Rameswaramum kasiyum athanai vazhipadu bakthargalum
    Narmathai gangai kaviri nathiyum orumai unarthididu
    Orumai unarthididu.. orumai unarthididu..... orumai unarthididu
  • Dear Kathie

I am not sure if Noor Inayat Khan was as famous as Mata Hai...Ofcourse I know Mata Hari...but it did something looking at the Indian tricolour in Dachua...call me a sentimental old fool.........But I totally agree with you...Mankind has and will do bad things in the nam of so many things,,,

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson
  • happy birthday to kathie madam

somasundram

Your Mail works best with the New Yahoo Optimized IE8. Get it NOW! http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/internetexplorer/
  • Dear Vairam

Belated Birthday wishes

Kind Regards

Sri

Emily Dickinson
  • Really good way of forming  of names 

GSK

• Thanks Kathie

It was the New England version which I missed on my Boston trip a few years ago

Sri

Emily Dickinson

To: ponniyinselvan@yahoogroups.com
  • Dear Satish

When and wherever I can I read almost all the mails and respond to what interest me...I must confess I do not read all the links for lack of time.

Sri

Emily Dickinson

To: ponniyinselvan@yahoogroups.com
  • k gayathri
    Hi,

When I was reading PS for 7th time, this thought came, if Ponniyin Selvan is to be made as a movie, which actors will suit the characters aptly....

To begin with...

1. Sundara Cholan - S V Ranga Rao
    2. Chinna Pazhuvettarayar - Balayya
    3. Vandiya Thevan - Surya

How about ur choices ?

• Dear all

I prefer Nazar for Ravidasan, surya for V.Devan,

sridharan g
  • Advance congrats Mr.Saravanan!!
    Wish you a very happy married life.
    intimateSethu
  • Dear all

Heard you had a lovely trip

Wishing the meeting a grand success

Sri

Emily Dickinson
  • Dear,
    Can you tell the background history of mylapore mundakakanni amman, where very powerful amman residing. Balakumaran in one his writing told that no body could live in mylapore with out her consent. Is it true? My flat is at MK amman koil street and i am very strong devotee of amman
  • My dear friends,

Please see this link. (year 2070 WATER - PPT presentation by a beloved person,
    former PRESIDENT OF INDIA. Dr.APJ.ABDUL KALAM)

A file from eSnips
  • Dear Vijay-

Thanks for your response, references and links.

Raj Mutharasan
  • A Kalki fan since ‘Sivakamiyin sabatham’

Sivakamiyinsabatham as it was serialized in Kalki ( 1944-46) was received by
    the readers with ovation. It was a fullfledged Romantic fiction of Mahendra’s
    love with Sivakami.
    Ayana Sirpi ( sculpturer), father of Sivakami and and Naganandi adikal were also
    fiction created by Kalki. Kalki conceived Naganandi adikal as a Buddha bikku in
    disguise. but a brother of Chalukya, a spy.

Romance and Kalki’s ideology was clearly delineated. I still remember Kalki
    fantasizing an imaginary conversation about Narasimha telling his audience at
    the Mamallapuram site,that one of the “Pancha Rathas” was provided for a new
    sage who has a great following , who has sacrificed himself for the sake of
    Mankind, implying Jeses.

Besides Kalki’s enchanting story telling skil, Maniyam, the the most eminent
    Artist of not only his his time ,but even today his work is yet to be surpassed,
    ( I hope Maniyan selvam would not object) He was an inspiration to many art
    enthusiasts. His ornamentations and architectural surroundings, with human
    charecters walking alive as sketched by him brought Kalki’s story to a make
    believe , reality. I was told by those who new him , that he used to travel a
    lot along with Maniyan, to survey the Pallava relics. If I could, I would like
    to browse and catch up more interesting features
    V.Kothanda Raman
  • What is my role dear in PS virtual university

Dr L Kailasam
  • Dear Jeeva,

The URL referred below is about the pantings or sketches by an artist ' Blind fold'.  I posted  it to my e-mail circle. But the URL does not open.

I tried to go back to your Face Book list. But it has disappaeared. I am forwardind a copy the mail from Madam. KathieBrobeck Which explains her keen interest for art. She is an US citizen, She travels very widely and more do in South-india. She has her own website and  own collection  and  albums  suth india architechture. You can refer to her Intrviews eith Times of India and Hindu. I suggest you make her your FB friend,

Remember to send her a with a copy to me of " The Work of the blind fol artist"

• I am not sure if we have discussed this in the last 10 years....but what was striking me as I was reading PS yet gain....was the vivid potrayal of dreams by Kalki....
    any favorites folks...
    mine are Vandhiyadevan's dream in Kadambur....and after his return from srilanka
    KR
    Sri

Emily Dickinson
  • S.M.Tamilselvam

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters