HERITAGE CLUBS in TN - Joint effort
  • Dear Friends,

Glad to inform you that this evening - myself and Dr. Thyaga Sathyamurthy met Hon'ble Minister Thangam Thennarasu re preservation of cultural heritage and commencing Heritage Clubs in educational institutions.

Though the idea has been put forth by certain Scholars / Institutions, when the subject surfaced - it appeared REACH FOUNDATION caught the minds of Officialdom and Dr. Sathyamurthy's works and contributions re Saluvankuppam temple - Adhichanallur - publicising the Fresco in the drak corridars of the Big Temple vestibles, were well remembered and Hon'ble Minister asked for more details etc.

Members recall the mails related to "Abdul Kalam Peravai " - which was under discussion recently involving local youth in preserving cultural heritage/s.

On similar lines certain details are being worked out for submission.

We will furnish a broader frame work before submission so that members can air their views.

Hon'ble Minister was very much appreciative of our August Meet - which is put in web - thanks to Thiru and Chandra - and it is fortune that we are able to get the attention of those Capale of providing proper guidelines - thanks to Kavipperarasu Vairamuthu speech, power points and evening Quiz and open house programmes on the 15th August.

He was very much appreciative of member Sriram's power point ! More interestingly he was quoting " inscriptions " at Udayalur and could point out highpoints at -PAZHUVUR AVANI GANDHARVESWARAM !!

And added : Your Group's trip from Veeranam to Kodiayakkarai is always captivating !

In a lighter moment he was sharing that these are places where in younger days he also roamed about !!

Tail piece 1 : Some of the interested ones, including me, performed SIVARATHRI special Abhishegam in Pazhuvur Avani Gandarveswaram last Fri-nite !!

Tail peice 2 : This also burdens us as to how responsbily we should put our views - because of this extra-ordinary visibility.

anbudan /

sps
  • Dear SPS

Excellent news

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: ponniyinselvan@yahoogroups.com
  • In1970's I served in GHSS Swamimalai.There I founded Heritage Club.Students from schools and colleges and interested public were also members.We conducted heritage awarness camps in almost all the sourounding villages.Because of this we were managed to discover thousands of Cholas coins,inscriptions, sculptores and even temples.Dr.RN,Kudanthai Sehtu sir, with a team of officials visited these areas and was stunned to see our service in preserving the temples and our heritage.I conducted Sadhaya Vizha and Pazham porul padhukappu vizha in the schools whereI served(as a mathematics tr)in grand scale.
    What I've collected in and around Mathur village,are all now in the Tnj Tamil University complex.Kulothunga III statue is one my best collections.I kept these in the school complex itself,when I got my transfer I transfered
    them too.
    I have been doing research like Ekalaivan,for the past 40 years,but deserved for nothing,since it is reserved for good for nothing commercial historians.N.S
  • Very nice to hear from you dear Selvaraj Sir.

Will see your paper on RRC Pallippadai also.

Is it in our File section or so ?

pls furnish details.

Another thing Sir ::

We are clear in Agreements ..

and also in Disagreements ..

while disagreeing we ensure no-one is hurt personally.

thanks and regards / sps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters