PS group as a Family - more by involving family members as well
  • Dear Friends,

Recall :: Respected member Shoba with her husband (from Kovai) visited our August 2009 meet and was active particpant in the events... though her husband Mr. Ramakrishnan is not PS Group member - his support is enormous.

he has photographed the 16th August tour also. and Blogged.

http://www.sankriti.blogspot.com

That is a great spirit. Though directly Mr. Ramakrishnan is less aware of PS etc, etc., he plays a very supportive role and his wife -our respected member Shoba is able to record and represent through his eyes !!

This is an eye-opener for all of us to involve more our family members as well in group activities.

I do recall respected member Ragothaman involving his very elderly mother and mailing the details of the drawings exclusively prepared for PS Souvenir by her. These are included in PSVP Souvenir CD as well (though due to page restrictions could not accommodate in hardcopy).

We have been watching Dr. Sridhar involving family members and posting greetings cards etc.

best wishes to respected member Shoba and her huband Mr. Ramakrishan

regards / sps
  • Dear SPS

Our respected "Annalakshmi" cannot be forgotten, right ? and budding musician too...
  • Absolutely right.. dear Murugananam.

I used to mention Mrs. Lakshmi Venkat w/o Venkat as Thiruvengattu mangai - as well as "Annalakshmi ".

It is always memorable experience to have breakfast in Venkats.

And Akshay - their son - is the budding musician - more on Keyboard.

Another classic example for involving family in PS related activities.

regards / sps
  • Oh Yes. The 15th Aug. meet was  a real family treat. We had Akshay on the key board & Madan's wife singing the Poonguzhali song from PS. Lakshmi was playing host to everyone at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan.
    Really a memorable do.
    Shobha
  • I remember that song very well and the tune - fantastic fit with the Kaapi ragam.

Just pray the other songs inside the PS are also in tune including the devarams :-) , hope the kids stand and deliver !

- R

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters