Nagappattinam to Swarnadweepa
  • Dear all

A research volume specializing in the naval voyage of the cholas has been published by ISEAS singapore. I have contributed a paper on Nagappattinam in this volume.
  • Dear Gokul

Welldone and very interesting

It states for sales outside India Does that mean there is an Indian Edition?

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: ponniyinselvan@yahoogroups.com
  • Dear Gokul
    Congrats. Is it possible for you to get a copy of Nagapattinam to Swarnadweepa and send along with a copy of your Paisasam? Kindly let me know the price and I will send to you. I will be happy if you can arrange for this on coming saturday and handover to Chandramouli(my adoted son)at Book Fair.
  • thanks for sharing the link gokul - Ebooks are available for purchase - and
    good think is there are free downloads - of the index, appendix ( incl
    famous inscriptions in this context)

Another good thing, is the priced ebook /pdfs - you can buy article wise.
    the free download index has short bios of the contributors incl our Gokul's
  • Paisaasam is easily available in Palaniappa stall. Nagappattinam book I am not sure who is distributing in India.
  • This book features a British painting of 18th century showing the full vihara compelx as it existed before the demolition (not just the towers but the whole complex)

Incidentally, I was fortunate enough to see all the items from a recent excavation in the Nagai vihara complex. I was not allowed to photograph - but holding rajaraja's cheppuk kaasu and a buddhist pottery in my palm was a peculiar experience.

G
  • Dear Gokul

I can experience your joy. Is there any write-up about the excavation?

thx

A.Vaidyanathan
  • > I can experience your joy. Is there any write-up about the excavation?

A small writeup was published in aavanam-2009
  • WOW Gokul... Thatz real great experience yaar... Where in Nagai...Its superb info...
  • I did my schooling there yaar...Very interesting Gokul...
  • Where is "nagai" is your question?

It is nagapattinam. You have trains and buses from Chennai and Trichy.

S.Arul Ganesh

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters