What book do you suggest to buy?
  • Friends,

I am sure you all are aware about the chennai book festival starting in 3
    weeks time. Last time it was useful for me as I grabbed some 30+ books (on
    all varities fiction / history / detective etc.). This time, if I ask you
    for suggestion, which book you will suggest to buy? Everyone just give name
    of one book with one liner on why you love that book.. It will help me
    decide which books to buy in this year's exhibition...
  • Dear Venkat

I will suggest Deivathin Kural vol 1 & 2 atleast.

The Kanchi Paramacharya's discourses on language, religion and History is really a treat.
  • 'dalai lama' by group member muruganandam vikadan press

should be ready i hope
  • Dear Venkat

It is Vanathi Padippagam. But it is available in all counters. One of very fast selling
  • Hi

Poompuhar pathippagam is going to re publish 4 historical novels of Kovi manisekaran in the 33rd chennai book festival which are a good one.

please check this url which is already loaded in this group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ponniyinselvan/files/tamil naavalgal oru tho
    kuppu.PDF
  • Re: Kovi Manisegaran i highly recommend Ajaathasatru (serialised in AV with gorgeous pictuers by Maniam Selvan) and Pon Veyndha Perumaan.
    Also Indira Sundararajan's 5 vazhi, 3 vaasal i remember as an interesting story.

I am envious of the list..what a collection!! Hope to buy some on my next visit.
  • WOW.. GREAT NEWS !!

REALLY GREAT INNINGS BY DEAR MURUGANANDAM !~

BIOGRAPHIES ON WELL SELECTED PERSONALITIES !!

VERY GOOD CONTRIBUTION TO LITERARY WORLD.

REGARDS . SPS
  • Manipallavam by Na. Parthasarathy, Uba Pandavam by S. Ramakrishnan, Thunai ezhuthu by S. Ramakrishnan, Alagilaa Vilayaattu by Pa Ragavan, Gopalapurathu Makkal by Ki. Raa.
  • Dear All,

Thanks for all your wishes and continued patronage.
    This group is the inspiration for my writings.

Special thanks to Venkat, SPS, Swetha, Madan, KNS, Satish, Gokul, Diwakar B, Diwakar V, Dr.Kailasam, VJ, VK, Satheesh, Shobha, Malathi, Ravi, Shanmuga, Sivaram Kannan, Rahul, Plastic Chandra, Natarajan Sririnivasan, Sriraman (ASI), Ashok, Ganeshkumar, Thiru, Viswaksenan, APS, Udanx, Nanda, Kalinga Balu and all others (sorry for missed out names - not intentional)

Endrum Anbudan,

B.Muruganantham
  • Yesterday 5/dec - an important day. Our beloved writer KALKI departed on 5/Dec/1954.
    Tributes to him.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters