Panchavan Madevi Pallipadai
  • Dear Shanmugam,

Thiruvalanchuzhi junction leads to :

SWAMIMALAI on the North.
    PATTESWARAM on the South.
    Thanjai - West and Kudanthai - East.

Towards Patteeswaram - after Level crossing - the Vaazhaithope (Plaintain Grove) and the Aaalamaram ( Banian Tree)with lots of Trisuls - seen on the Left hand side - known as VANAPATTARAI ( Cracker den) IS THE PLACE EXACTLY WHERE THE PAZHAYARAI PALACE existed...

Even today while ploughing the land and digging for construction some ancient brick - broken pot piece or copper coin is found... We can see huge quantities of Old pot pieces anytime after ploughing.. all around.

Here after demolishing the Palace - Sundara Pandia ploughed the land with Donkeys and seeded gigilee (yel)... varahu etc., (see his meykeerthi)...

Farther South, the road branches towards East - south - East (kind of Z )- which leads to Patteswaram temple... on the Southern side..
    about 200 Meters North Sathimutram.... about 200 Meters farther South - Pazhayarai Vadathali ( cleared from Jain occupancy, re-opened and hymned by Appar) - about 1 Km farther Nandhipuram - another 1 Km farther south is Sivapathasekaramangalam @ Udayalur ! Nearby in abourt 3 Kms is Krishnan Raman's Amanngudi.

INSTEAD of taking the road branches towards East which leads to Patteswaram temple - if one looks on the West (Right Hand side), IRATTAI ANJANEYAR and Raman temple is seen. That road zig-zaggingly leads to Panchavanmadevi pallaippadai ...

Vehicle needs to be stopped about 100 meters and by crossing a private property (which paves narrow way to walk) the PALLIPADAI can be reached...

Pls mail to my ID before going there next time. I will reply you with Patteswaram Temple Pulavar's mobile - who will take and show you around.

regards/ sps
  • Dear Sir,

Thank u very much. I will inform u definitely. Anyway I am planning to go there on 18th of this month.I reached upto raman temple but i am not able locate further. i enquired the local people also but they cant help. Thanks very much,

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters