Kuzhampandal -Gangaikondacholeswarar temple of Rajendra chola I
  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/52469697@N00/sets/72157622505021232/
    Friends,

Click the link above to see pics from the Kuzhampandal chola temple maintained by the State archeology dept. of Tamilnadu. This temple is enroute between Kanchipuram and Vandavashi. As per the board of TN-AS, this temple was built by the Isana Siva panditar, guru of Rajendra chola I.

Walls have chola and later vijayanagara inscriptions. Temple as such is small and has recent additions of ceiling and front porch in concrete.
  • Dear Nanda,

I am not getting that link.

Just confirm whether it is EASANA SIVA PANDITHAR or

SARVA SIVA PANDITHAR...

thanks & regards . sps
  • SPS uncle, it is Eesana Siva Pandithar, Guru of Rajendra Cholan I. I am sure.
    Madhu
  • Hi SPS,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52469697@N00/

Please do try this link. As per the board put by the state archaeology dept. it is "Isana siva pandithar". Looks like there is mis-information in the information displayed.

• it is correct.it is an interesting temple for many new architectural members. possibly influenced by the Chalukyan temples.

thanks for the photos. i was looking at a photo showing the temple in a highly dilapidated condition yesterday. Wondering to go there as see it by myself.

sriraman.p.s.
  •  Dear Sriraman Sir,

I had a question, On the vandavasi - kanchipuram route I could see at least 4 - 5 chattirams in very good condition. Are these chattirams brought under heritage monuments protection of the state archeaology department?
    In the Kuzhampandal temple, the front mandapam(is it mukha-mandapam?) had infact caved in, and looks like it has been rebuilt with local support, there by spoiling the look of the temple. Could TN-Dept of Arch, contributed and restored it to original look and feel? or is it not done due to politics?

• WONDERFUL DEAR NANDA.

I TOO THOUGHT SO.

OK. STATE ARCHEOLOGY BOARD..
    LET US DO OUR HOME-WORK TOO.

THANKS DEAR NANDA.

THE PHOTOS ARE VERY MUCH ALIVE..

VERY VERY IMPRESSIVE.

REGARDS / SPS

==========

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters