Vote for vj
  • Could you please tell me how to vote for vj ?

N.Balachandar

Check out the all-new Messenger 9.0! Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/
  • Hi Friends,

Aplogise for the trouble. something happened at the awards site, we were leading with highest number of votes, when suddenly all comments, votes of poetryinstone were removed. dont know why. Maybe they consider photoblogs as blogs just with pictures and no text !.

anyway it was good to see all the support. I am traveling for the next ten days, but promise to come back with more visual treats
  • That is too bad!!! They should have spelt out the criteria clearly!!! Or atleast they should have given the reason for removal. 

• me too searching for the same in the photoblog website. Venkatesh, can
    you send me the link which you used to vote?
  • Did Vj removed his blog from the website. I got his profile, but there
    is no submitted blog against his name.
  • Siva,

I think you missed VJ's post on this. It seems that the award institutors have removed the blog of Vijay from the contest. VJ feels that it could be due to the reason that it contains texts in addition to photos. And that is what I said as Bad for not letting know the reasons to remove it.

I checked other blogs. As VJ pointed out, they all had no texts at all. They were only with photos.

So it seems that VJ is out of competition. While I respect the rules, I felt bad that they were not spelt clearly and also, no reason was communicated to the blog owner for removal of the blog from the contest. Too bad.

Thanks to all for voting.

• Hi,

I did write to them and they have clarified. As we presumed

"
    I think your blog site is not a photoblog site, a photoblog is a blogsite whose primary content is photographs displayed in a log format.

I'm sorry about that, but your site is really great."

anyways, thanks one and all for the support. Wait for a treat by early next month.
  • of money to the board in India at one time to get his Guna instead of Anjali as an entry and it did not make it. Since then he made up a story of sour grapes that oscars is only for western movies, which has been disproven time and again.

Am just curious.

Malathi
  • I was expecting this mail from Malathi from the second i read SPS' mail :)
    :)
  • Really? Why dont' you answer it then?
  • Really, why don't you answer it then?
  • I dont' mean to distract the subject for voting for VJ's website. And Rahul, if you can avoid snide remarks much appreciate it, everyo ne here has traits and personalites and I can come up with a few for you too. It is just going to sensitize people and not serve any purpose.

Thanks!!
  • SPS, Is Rahul Sarojadevi fan? Perhaps you can pay me a visit in Bangalore. She lives there and is a frequently seen figure in Malleswaram markets - more recognized by tamils than kannadigas :). She still looks good :)

Malathi
  • Surprise surprise ...

I agree with Malathi atleast in this ... Saroja Devi

Even though I dont like her Tamizh accent (KB made fun of her in a scene in
    "Server Sundaram") I believe she brought in lot of energy to the charecter
    she donned - Atleast in the earlier movies.

Malathi - I guess same is the case with actress Kanchana. She is / was also
    spotted regularly @ a temple near IAF Base in Bangalore on the way to New
    Airport.

~ Udanx
  • Udanx, Saroja Devi's tamil is horrible, I mean absolutely horrible she can't even manage a few words. Most kannadigas actually can speak some tamil and she is not even minimal. BTW, where is she in Server Sundaram ??

Kanchana...very very sad story..was exploited totally by family and was a temple sweeper somewhere outskirts of Bangalore. Some film artists in telugu got together and rehabitated her somewhat.

Krishnakumari, Sowkar's sister is also a frequent Bangalore figure. Unlike Saroja Devi she is very fluent in tamil although very few tamils know her. (My mother knew and showed me once that is how I know!).

Malathi
  • Malathi,

Saroja Devi is not a part of Server Sundaram ... But Manorama will mimic her
    Tamizh accent. Nagesh will be a new comer to the industry and Manorama will
    be a top star and the film will be directed by S.V.Ranga Rao. Remember that
    sequence?

~ Udanx
  • SPS,

Pleeeeeeease. B.Sarojadevi cant even figure as Vanathi / Kundavai 's thozhi
    in PS film. I like her thats a different sorty ... But not in PS.

~ Udanx

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Sivapathasekaran
  • I agree...she is a glamor gal, nice one undoubtedly and she pulled off her glamor with such little exposure. Her pet name was 'paingili' with a prefix I'd rather not mention. But can't think of any PS character for her. SPS, Padmini is Nandini, out and out..she is undoubtedly the most expressive, lovely face that graced tamil screen but not exactly the demure sort that was common in those days.
  • Strage i dont' remember..You have inspired me to watch the movie again, am hoping it is in my collection..thanks :)
  • I might have got something wrong in the year, it was Guna with some Maniratnam movie, what was the movie? The reason I know this is ex censor board chairman and famous IAS officer TN Seshan was my mother's relative and while we were at a wedding he blasted Kamal's statement saying that was because his movie went to oscars after heavy bribe and did not make it.
  • Sorry it was Roja I believe, not Anjali.My sister clarified. I just said this as fact and am not interested in debating what Kamal said, those who want to believe are free to beleive. We have been through that before.
  • Malathi;

TN Seshan is your relative? TN Seshan is a relative from my mom's side too!!

And definitely i dint mean tht comment as snide remark, its a habit in this
    group to remember each and very individual's likes when a subject comes
    similar to when Mr.SPS usually menions Saroja Devi&Co (BTW im not the big
    fan Mr.SPS is the biggest fan :) ) when Nandini comes up, i prefer the
    Dumas-Kalki connection(as Sivaram Kannan usually brings this up), Udanx's
    Ilayaraja, etc. I just enjoy these instances. Its just that these emails(for
    all thier pluses) are unable to convery the tone of the writer as letters
    once did.

And Dear Mr.SPS, i just dint notice.
  • Guna and Thalapathy of Manirathinam were released simultaneously
    sri
  • Release dates don't matter. It is the censor date which decides the period.
    So Guna and which Maniratnam film got censored the same year. That will help
    in identifying the film.

~ Udanx
  • Hi Rahul, yes he is very distant relative. There is one Raman who is scientist at Indian Institute of Science who is actually my grandmother's cousin's son. He is a very famous figure in science and other circles. TNS is married to his sister or something like that I dont know for sure. But I have seen him at family weddings and I was young then.

Quite a remarkable figure, i mean not easy to approach or talk to. But full of interesting anecdotes and honesty/integrity is beyond reproach.

Would be interesting to see how you are related!

Malathi
  • >
    > Pleeeeeeease. B.Sarojadevi cant even figure as Vanathi / Kundavai 's thozhi
    > in PS film. I like her thats a different sorty ... But not in PS.
    >

what a co incidence
    saroja devi comes as a thozhi to kunthavi in parthiban kanavu movie. but the mystery is by then she was an established heroine.

venketesh
  • rahul, maloo

ethavathu kudumba paattu irukka??

earlier we had neighbours( almost) meeting on this group. sps, swetha and me

we also had class mates meeting sivaram and somebody?

venketesh
  • wow! i would also like to know..
    Anybody from Thiruvanmiyur/ Mandaveli/ Infosys / KV CLRI?
  • Here is the youtube clip of scene under discussion!

Vairam
  • She did talk about this in the tv episode; her mother was very much
    against it, but she was virtually forced to do that role by AVM or
    Vasan! (Was it a AVM or gemini film?)
    Sampath
  • Hi

SPS has his office at mandaveli

lots of people in infosys. especially bangalore.

when did you pass out from kv clri?
    wasnt your culturals called crescendo??

venketesh
  • hi
    I passed out my 10th from KV CLRI in 97 and moved to Shankara Vidyashram in
    Thiruvanmiyur.
    But i dont remember any cuturals organized there coz one of our major cribs
    was that there were no culturals held in our school. May be this one started
    after i left. Will have to check with some old frnds.
  • Dear Dr Kailasam, I am not related to CV Raman. My relative also named Raman is also a scientiest that is all.

Thank you

Malathi
  • Dear madam,
     It is no harm  to have a look at the  article even if cv raman is not your relative. Of course he is guru for all of us  
  • ha haaaaa...........

appo ungalukku oru kudumbap paattu irukkumE..... enga paadunga paarppOm???

The world is too small.

• Venket sir,

Sorry, neeng mundhikittenga. I saw this message after I posted mine.

• Where did I co-relate Actress Sarojadevi and PS, Udanx. ?

sps

-=-----------
  • LOVELY LINK.

THANKS DEAR VENKAT.

REGARDS/ SPS
  • Dear Mr.SPS;

Please add Vyjayantimala to this list. Or does she come a distant second to
    Natyaperoli Padmini in your list :) :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters