prolougue of new novel
  • Hi all

i have just posted the prolougue of my new novel 'KANCHI' in my blog.

http://kavirimainthan.wordpress.com/

its a sequel to amarar kalki's sivakamiyin sabatham.

please do check it out.
  • Wow,

Super and advance congrats venkat sir...

When are you releasing this novel?

Ippadiyellaam suspense vachi niruththakkoodaathu, muzhusaa therinjikalanaa
    appuram thookkam varaathu ;-)
  • WOW..

THATZ SEQUEL TO SS.

FANTASTIC BEGINNING..

VERY BEST WISHES AND REGARDS / SPS
  • So friends, now you know why venkatesh was so much for giving the best beauty in mallai to the draupadi ratha archer !!
  • Venkat, romba naal kakka vekkadheenga, that is all :))
  • Venketesh Sir,

Starting romba super! Suspense aarambichaachu! Now as Maloo requested, please dont make us wait for long.

I know you are hearing! So is the book being released this Sunday?? :-) :-) :-)

• Have you reserved the first copy of this book for me?
  • Super starting sir. Eagerly waiting for the novel.

regrads,
    siva.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:17 AM, rajamdurai@ymail.com
  • Dear Venkatesh

Where can i get this novel. I would like to buy this book

Please advice where it is available?

With Regards
    K.N.Balu
  • You mean first edition? There must be big queue for the 'first copy'!

Venket will illumine another phase of our Tamil history, with rich
    embellishments and 'pudir(s)', I hope.
    Sampath
  • Oh!!! And where is the prologue for "Madurai". Idhu konjam over sir....... romba wait panna vekkareenga!!!

• Dear Venkat

First of all, congrats in advance for Kanchi. You start off fast and there is a natural historic flavor that pervades your writings. I like it & I can tell you that I will be one of your many avid readers - if you choose to do it chapter wise in blog.

Second: I was taken aback by the drawing you have posted in your blog. Excellent. And more importantly, the architect has captured an actual pallakku very well.

Third: I did not tell you - but I have been waiting for Madurai for long. I still remember the cover you showed me 3 years back. If you want, I can send you a very old line drawing on Madurai temple tank - as it looked roughly 200 years ago.
    >
    > Second: I was taken aback by the drawing you have posted in your blog. Excellent. And more importantly, the architect has captured an actual pallakku very well.
    >

I suppose you mean the archer statue.
    its a long story

I told vijayakumar ( poetry in stone)that he needs to choose the most beautiful maiden in stone at mallai for me.

this was his choice. (but human minds are wavering and now he claims there are more beautiful maidens in mallai)
    then VJ listened to the starting bit of the story over phone/ mail and had his friend draw it.
    the artist Ramprasad I have never met, but captured exactly what I had in mind.
  • > I suppose you mean the archer statue.

I actually meant the Thillayil oru kollaikkaran drawing. I think it is a very old post but I read it only now.
  • > > I suppose you mean the archer statue.
    >
    > I actually meant the Thillayil oru kollaikkaran drawing. I think it is a very old post but I read it only now.

solomon vedamuthu is a very well known figure in chennai architectural circles.
    a brilliant man.
    its his life's mission to train youngsters to be architects, fashion designers, product designers,

he motivates kids to choose creativity as their goal and be different in their lives.
    solomon drew 3 sketches like this in less than an hour on the day before TOK went to the presses.

his other works of art are here.

http://solomonvedamuthu.com/

venketesh

>
    > Rgds
    > Gokul.S
    >
  • Hearty congrats to Venkat;the beginning itself looks interesting;Hope u can
    release it before Madurai.--PN.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters