Nauka Vijnana - Navigation
  • Hi all,

Yesterday on Bangalore ( 24th Aug) i attended an seminar on "Nauka Vijnana - navigation in ancient India by Dr M.K Sridhar PROF if Sanskrit, National College, Basvangudi , Bangalore"

The topic is more interesting, since it's cover the most part of our south India especially the Cholos and pallavas. I have some doubt
  • Dear Mr. Nallathambi, That was interesting.

I think Dr. Jaybee wrote on Purananuru.

We deduce History of Early Kings - including Early Cholas - from the
    Sangam Literature. Kalingathuparani is sung to celebrate the
    Victory over Orissa.

We deduce History of Medvl. Cholas and Late Cholas, Pandyas,
    Pallavas through inscriptions - Epigraphy.

These are well written by various scholars including Sastry,
    Pandarathar, SRB in the past, Kudavail Balu, Rajavelu, M.Gandhi,
    Nagaswamy and Kalaikkoavan now a days.

I request Dr. Jaybee to write a synospis on Pallavas - Pandyas -
    Cholas for the benefit of PS readers describing History upto 965 or
    so - Aditha Karikalan's proclamation as Yuvaraja!

PS is peraining to 965 to 969.

969 to 985 - Uthama's period - Arulmozhi out of power.

985 and after : Rarajaraja's Golden Era.

This should provide us the platform for detailed discussion on
    various subjects.

Regards. SB
  • ----- Original Message -----

>PS: Prf M.K Sridhar was mentioning about a Huge bronze bell found in a church in New Zeeland, which dates to 3000-4000 years old, and in that bell they are some tamil wording. He was amazed to see that how they have transported the Bell from TamilNadu to the south part of the world.

Dear Balaji!

I feel that there are some contradictions....

How come a 3000 - 4000 years old bell found in a church? Even Jesus Christ was born 2000 years back (and hence the christianity). And European people went to nea Zealand after 1700 AD (300 years back or even less) and only after that the church would have been built.

Some people say that the Aborigins' (the ancestors of australia) culture has some similarities with the tamil's culture. But, still I don't think that there would be any connections between this and that bell.

It would be possible that the europeans would have taken that bell either from India or from Srilanka from the kovils (temples) they destroyed. In Sri Lanka only Portugese destroyed more than 100 Hindu temples and they built forts and churches from the stones obtained from those destroyed temples.

«ýÒ¼Ûõ, ¬¾í¸òмÛõ,

Å¢ƒÂ¡ÄÂý.
  • I suppose you people are talking about
    Mohaiyadeen Baksh ship's bell which is now in
    the Wellington Museum?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters