Kalki's Narration Styles
  • Dear all
    Have been reading PS again its a great refreshment when I am overhelmed with things...
    Have you noticed he describes a few events repeatedly with slight variations from different peoples perspectives...

We talk so much about Virumandi narration style and how it was inspired by a Japanese director

But Kalki has done it
    The Ponniyin Selvan episode
    from Kundavais perspective,Sundaracholars, AMV's Mandhakini's

The Sathialosanai:
    VD,Alwarkadiyan, PP

There are other similar instances
    But I think it was remarkable

Kind Regards

Sri

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
  • Yes, Kalki's narration is really very amazing. I always wondered how great he is in psycology. It is quite evident when he is narrating a dream (e.g. dreams of VD ). How he combines the real incidences and wild imaginations. It exactly matches our way of dreaming. He has a good sense of humor also. He also explains in many places how the particular person gets his respective character and/or behaviours. He is not only a great writer, but he is also good psycologist, historian (in giving real historical evidences in his works), preacher (in indirectly giving his advice to his readers in a entertaining way in several places of his stories), admirer of nature (evident from his 'varunananai'), patriot, etc. I think the list goes on and on.
  • yes

s balachander the veena vidwan........
  • Yes I too admire the narration style of Kalki. Not even a screenplay....in a novel he has connected all the characters and without any confusion. The thread connecting all the instances is also amazing.

Harry Potter is full of imagination and the author can write anything....as it wont spoil any history.....

But writing a historical novel like this is very difficult and making the people believe that wat he writes is true, is also unacheivable. Our Kalki has won that.

But the sale of Harry Potter vs Ponniyin Selvan is very disappointing. It hasnt reached so many, even when the english version is available....

something has to be done people???????
  • Yes Kayal,

You're right! why shouldnt we have this translated in other European Languages like French, Italian, Spanish etc?

wait, let me write an email to Hachette and other big publishers!

we have to do something for our PS!!

SHri

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters