Bhagwat Purana and Surya Vamsa
  • Bhagwat

http://www.whatisindia.com/inscriptions/south_indian_inscriptions/volume_3/no_205b_aditya_ii_karikala.html

Translation of the Sanskrit text
    (Verse 1.) May bashful Bhavani (Parvati) who, seeing her (own) from (reflected) in the gem on the hood of the king of serpents (which forms) the necklace of Srikantha (Siva), (and) (suspecting) it (to be) another woman, looks askance, excited and jealous, at her husband who, with a heart all-desirous of (her) embrace, prays (for it) bowing at (her) feet, grant you uninterrupted prosperity!
    (V. 2.) May that pond in which the royal swan of heroism sports ; the sun (which delights) the lotuses (viz.,) the learned ; the sole caravan-leader of the vast crowd of travelers on the two routes (viz.,) (the temporal), where the results (of actions) are seen, and (the transcendental), where the results are not seen ; the supreme ruler of all royal races ; the ocean where the multitude of gems (viz.,) all virtues, has its birth ; — the Chola family — rule for ever the circle of the earth, redressing the grievances of all !
    (V. 3.) The letters (of the alphabet) limited in number are only fifty ; (whereas) the virtues of (the kings of) the Solar race are resplendent beyond number. How can I describe these (virtues) with those (letters) ? Oh ! Mother Sarasvati ! secure for me (the help of) other letters (lipi) (also)[1].
    (V. 4.) The eye of the three worlds was the Sun[2] from whom sprang the spr concentration (manana), Manu,[3] the first of kings whose name became (thus) conformable to (its) meaning. (V. 5.) Great Ikshvaku[4] was born (as) his son ; of him, in great battles the enemies of gods (i.e., the danavas) were greatly afraid. The three worlds, though completely immersed I the ocean of his spotless fame, (still) enjoyed extreme delight.[5]

http://www.poetryinstone.in
    “Here the language of stone surpasses the language of man” – Nobel laureate, Rabindranath Tagore

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters