Srinivasanallur - Koranganatha Temple
  • Hi Friends,
    Koranganatha temple is a very nice example to study evolution of architectural
    styles of temple construction. In earlier posts we have seen some very simple
    and small temples like of Panangudi, Visalur and Kaliyapatti. We have already
    seen an advanced architecture temple, Muvar Koil at Kodumbalur. Koranganatha
    falls in line with Muvar koil for architectural style. Some salient features are
    given below:

1. Introduction of antarala (vestibule) between vimana and mandapa
    2. Vyala row on adhithana (platform)
    3. karnakuta and salai on vimana attic
    4. Mahendramangalam, Srinivasanallur is referred with this name in inscriptions.
    Does this name suggests that the Pallava king Mahendravarman I consecrated this
    region?

As I visited this temple very late in night so my pictures were not of very good
    quality. Many thanks to our good members Kathie and Shriram who readily allowed
    me to use their photographs in my article.

http://msg4saurabh.blogspot.com/2011/04/srinivasanallur-koranganatha-temple.html
  • Dear Saurabh

Monuments – There are many temples of interest at Srinivasanallur. Koranganatha temple is the only temple which is under protection from Archaeological Survey of India.

One of those temples will be explored for Ramayana series. ( But i need some time to recoup)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters