Cleaning and visit to Pullamangai near Kumbakonam
  • Dear Members,

before a Mada Church takes you to the stunning Pasupadinadar Shiva Temple which in fact initiated to me to start working on temple renovation during the second PS yathirai.
    Unfortunately the temple is in bad shape, I mean cleanliness and rare visitors coming here, as we hear from a member who visited today from Kalakshetra that an old lady nearby holds the key and the priest comes just once in a day and least cares for cleanliness. Nothing has changed in these 5 years! This is the sad state of a Padal Petra sthalam!!!

There is a HUGE Vishnu temple in 2 acres which is surrounded by shrubs and trees and none have entered this premises too. REACH through local help and initiative from the retired school Head Master of Ayyampettai, Shri. N. Selvaraj, will explore methods to keep both these temples clean and also find out ways to restore and renovate the Vishnu temple, being a fully brick-made structure.

If in case we can also visit the Vepathur brick temple site where renovation is going on, near Kumbakonam on Saturday too, we may have to start by Friday night and return by Sunday evening back to Chennai.

Members willing to accompany should write on or before 20th July 2010 to reach.foundation.india@gmail.com with subject title: Visit to Pullamangai on 25th July 2010
  • Dear Chandra sir

again a big neem+ arasa tree had grown in the vimanam. i was told 3 months back only it was cleaned and removed. Gurukkal said every method was tried but it continues.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters