Wuraiyur - Trichy
  • Dear Sethu,
    I've been to Thiruchi twice and still haven't found a temple I saw
    in a Balasubramaniam archit. & murthi book.
    It's in Wuraiyur, called ThiruTanthoneeswarar hidden back
    of street, w really excellent sculpture from the 9th century.
    Are you familiar w this?
    Would love to hear, if you know about it.
    Thank you
    Kathie B. [injamaven in Picasa photos]
  • Dear Katherine,

With contemporary COLOUR PAINTS in Green - Red and Yellow -

your heart will (also) bleed when you see the photos of the

Thanthonneswarar Siva temple- Woriyur!

Yet i will arrange to send them to you.

regards/
    sps
  • Dear sir,

After my Jamal Mohamed college days..(early 90s) I went to Trichy last week with my wife. At Rock Fort, the pallava cave is prevented from public site ( though i had seen it several times in past, my wife did not get that opportunity). the Govt can provide a security guard at that spot and allow public to see it as well as protect the public from spoiling the place. rather, they altogether prevented the access!

At Thiruvannikavalkoil, at the outer verandaa (veliprgaram) left hand side, we saw a pit (first time I seeing this). Is it a surangapaathai...? please tell

thanking you
    S.Arul Ganesh
  • Dear Arul Ganesh,

NO VISIBLE SURANGA PATHAI IN TVKOIL DEAR ARUL.

VERY UNFORTUNATE SEVERAL IMPORTANT SITES ARE "PROTECTED" LIKE THIS.

AND MOST MONUMENTS ARE NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC ON GOVT HOLIDAYS / SUNDAYS - WHEN TOURISTS VISIT.

HOPEFULLY THESE THINGS ALSO GET CHANGED TO CREATE MORE AWARENESS OF GLORIOUS PAST !

anbudan / sps

==========
  • TALKING OF TRICHY, I AM REMINDED OF HAVING READ IN "KUMUDHAM" BAKTHI latest issue RE:

AMMAN WAS PAINED THAT MOOVENDAR - CHOLA - CHERA - PANDIYARS FIGHTING MINDLESSLY AMONG THEMSELVES.. AND ADVISED "PEACE".

KINGS WANTED AMMAN TO BE THEIR "EXCLUSIVE" KULADEIVAM ..

TO AVERT FIGHT FOR THIS CAUSE AGAIN, AMMAN - IN THE FORM OF " THRIPANGI " - PROJECTED HEAD in Madurai, Mid body in Trichy (Woraiyur) and Padham (feet) in Karur !

sps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters