REACH MEET : 07.03.2010 - CHIDAMBARAM :: SOCIAL CONCERN
  • YAH ..

THAT IS WHAT I PRECISELY HIGHLIGHTED DURING THAT MEET..

BUILDING TEMPLEs .. with RELIGEOUS and SOCIAL CONCERN .. say by RRC .. like..

CREATING A VAST LAKE - more for SOCIAL CONCERN - in Commemoration of a Victory - Like Rajendra I's CHOLA GANGAM !!

So places of Worship and Water-resources are to be viewed as CULTURAL ASSETS and stress should be on upon their well-maintaining.

regards / sps
  • Sir,

been to vaiitheeswaran koil and thirunallaru temples recently.

first was happy to see water in the tank. Then came to know that springs ( ootru) are dried and channels ( madai) are blocked due to construction.

Now there are deep bores in both tanks and they are pumping water daily.

Now in peak summer no water in thiruvanaikka jambukeswarar sannidhi.

The Mukkulams of tiruvenkadu (silappadigaram and thevaram fame) could not be used when i visited 5 years back. Dont know how they are now? The sthalam, vriksham, theertham and moorthi - all are our heritage.
  • Dear Mr. Sankar, All 3 Tanks are Ingood maintanancein Thiruvenkadu, ucan have holydip,,,,,,,,,,
  • WE ALL SHARE YOUR CONCERNS DEAR SANKARANARAYANAN.

WE WILL DRAW THE ATTENTION OF THE AUTHORITIES FOR BETTER MAINTENANCE.

REGARDS / SPS

=========
  • LAST WEEK - TEMPLE CAR FESTIVAL IN THIRUVENGADU..

GLAD THE TANKS ARE ALSO WELL MAINTAINED..

THE ONE OPPOSITE TO BUDHAN - I HAVE NOT SEEN IT DRIED UP FULLY - EVEN THOUGH I VISITED THIS TEMPLE SEVERAL TIMES ..

THERE WAS A MALASIAN DONOR " MEENAKSHI AMMAL " WHO SHOWEVERED GRANTS TO RENOVATE THIS TEMPLE ALMOST ABOUT A DECADE BACK.

AFTER THAT THE TEMPLE IS IN GOOD MAINTENANCE.

sps
  • Good news

Next trip - i will plan

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters