thiruvaiyaru - aram valartha nayagi - vishnu
  • Dear all

went to Thiruvaiyaaru temple yesterday.. what a massive one.!!! the gurukkal gave us list of five rivers.

1. suriya river
    2. chandr river
    3. Ganga from shiva's head
    4. Breast milk of the ambal
    5. the foam (nurai) from nandi's mouth due to its constant chewing...

ambal - aram valartha nayagi is said to be vishnu... or vishnu is in the form of aram valartha nayagi and is having 3 eyes like shiva/ Narasimhar. her hands are similar to mahavishnu / venkatachalapathy.. like some schools are of view that vishnu and amman are one and the same.

while purusha suktham talks about mahavishnu as the greatest purushan , there is other school of the view that mahavishnu and shakti are the same... think this is absolute non duality .. that is no gender for the brahman..

dont know whether this was discussed previously in our group.. but remeber that we discussed about venkatachalapathy and kanyakumari ...
  • RAAMA and RAMA are considered same .. according to ancient verses.

thanks Dhivakar.

Panchanadeeswarar temple is a wonderful temple.

see the blog photos by Mr. Ramakrishnan h/o Mrs. Shobana - from our archieves too.

sps
  • Dear Friends

Appar has conveyed the same in Thiruvaiyaru padigam as

" ariyallal devi Illai, Ayyan Ayaranarke"

roughly translated ' There is no devi other than hari to the lord of Thiruvaiyaru"
  • Dear Dhiwakar

Thanks for that...The common belief is Thiruvaiyaru is called so because it is nestled among 5 rivers

Kollidam

Kaveri

Vennaru

Vettaru

and

Kudamuritti

A similar analogy exists in the Isle of Man

They claim you can see from the top mountain you can see 7 kingdoms is what they claim

Kingdom of Ireland

Kingdom of Scotland

Kingdom of Wales

Kingdom of Man

Kingdom of England

Kingdom of the Sea

Kingdom og Sky

Sri

If I can stop one heart from breaking,I shall not live in vain;
    If I can ease one life the aching,Or cool one pain,
    Or help one fainting robin, Into his nest again,
    I shall not live in vain.
    Emily Dickinson

To: ponniyinselvan@yahoogroups.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters