Where is Vinnagara Kovil?
  • Can anyone tell me that where is vinnagara kovil located? I wanna see the Kundhavai's Statue.
  • Nandhipurathu Vinnagaram - towards Udayalur from patteeswaram - is dvoid of any Chozha sculptures now.

In Patteswaram - near the sanctum of Durgai - one can see a small
    sculpture with 3 Royal women in Upparigai !!

My gut feeling is one among them must be Kundavai.

But you must be lucky that no one hangs some clothe-bag over their neck - when you see the sculpture!!

sps
  • According to legends, The nandipuram vinnagaram was flodded and disappeared in sand.

The swami appeared in Rani Mangammal's dream and asked her to excavate and rebuild.

( Dont ask me how can Madurai Naik build in Tanjore Naik territory. I think kings were taking pilgrimages even in other's territory)
  • > ( Dont ask me how can Madurai Naik build in Tanjore Naik territory. I think kings were taking pilgrimages even in other's territory)

could be because she invaded tanjore
    Wars with Tanjore
    Mangammal had frequent troubles from the time of her regency with Maratha King Shaji of Thanjavur. In the following year the Madurai forces under Dalavoy Narasappiah crushingly defeated the Tanjore Marathas near their capital, when they suddenly stormed into their capital. The disheartened King Shaji of Tanjore was only glad enough to buy off the invading army with an enormous bribe, after almost emptying his treasury.

Raja VENKAJI RAO BHONSLE 1676/1684

>
    > regards
    >

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters