Why Manickavasagar is not part of 63 nayanmars?
  • Manikavasagar's religious belief is based on saurashtrianism..the essence of it is in Thirukural...strong family...not a great believer in the other unknown world.
    Yes, I have studied the evolution of our Hindu society..I question and try to find an answer..do not easily accept surmises.
    You have not thought of Etturajan..the name of Rajmanuja. All of us must have been aBuddhist or a jain once upon a time.
    R. Narasimhan
  • It is shocking to read your comment that Buddhism is against mankind!!
    R. Narasimhan
  • Sir,

Thirukkural - other unknown world ?

EZHUMAIYUM EMAPPUDAITHU !! ??

MANICKAVASAGAR is a very Great Saiva Saint..

Nayanmars @ Thiruthondar - Thiruthondarthogai to Periyapuranam - link is clearly spelt and is widely known ...

Among Thiruthondars - Groups are there ! Individuals are there !

Monarchs are there ! Cutting across Caste systems - several commons are ! The common thing is their DEDICATION and COMMITMENT TO THEIR BELIEF / FAITH ..

Katrunaipootti... natrtunaiyavadhu Namachivayame !

The prelude was compiled during sundara period...

It was furnished in an organised way by Sekkizhar as Periyapuranam - in Chimdambaram !

Obviously Manickavasagar's period was later to the Trio !

Sambandar - who broght alive Poombavai from the ASHES in Mylapore - is the youngest among the lot .. widely travelled and covered lot of temples too .. He was fed by Umai.

Navukkarasar - who brought back alive Appodhiadigal's son - died of a snake bite - inducted life into that lifeless body .. Siva & Parvathi gave him the vision to see unto them .

Sundarar - Vanthondar was also friendly to Siva - brought back
    alive a boy eaten by a Crocodile years back ! He is supposed to have reached the abode of Lord Siva - along with Cheraman perumal. We have discussed so much on Thirukkayilaya Gnana Ula hymned by Cheraman - which is supposedly the FIRST HAND Narration of Kailash - abode of Siva !

In this Thirukkailaya Gnana Ula two THIRUKKURALs are also figuring !

Pls check our Archieves.. you will find more interesting details on these.

Means in 12 Thirumurai - 2 Thirukkurals - are already incorporated Centuries back !

Now What is Special about Manickavasagar ?

Nayana Dikshai :: He was beholding Siva.

Sparsa Dikshai :: He was embraced by Siva.

Thiruvadi Dikshai :: Siva set his Lotus feet over his Head.

Where did this occur ? Thirupperundurai

Siva set his lotus feet over the head of Thirunavukkarasar also - at Nallur (Main deity :: Panchavarneswarar ! - Vannam Aindhay - In 5 colors - says Thevaram ! means 5 color formation is in existence minimum for the past 1400 years atleast !)

I only take this as a golden opportunity to pay respects again to St Manickavasagar with Margazhi just 3 weeks away !

sps
  • Dear Narasimhan-

What is Sourashtranism? Could you please elucidate ?
  • And what about before Buddha or Mahavir's times? I think my answer is we must have been "Homo Sapiens" once upon a time. Then evolution caused us to evolve into "Homo Conspirator Theorators"
  • Dear friend
    Saurashtrianism is described as Zoroastrianism in Greek..the first monolithic religion in the world. In fact, it is the first reformation of the Vedic society. Varuna gave place to the Sun as the first representative of the all=powerful force..Ahura Medhe. For the first time, existence of Good and Bad was announced, prohibition of killing of Ox was promulgated by the state, and monogomy was strictly enforced. In fact, zoroastriansm is the basic structure of every other religion in the world, including Christianity and Islam.
    R. Narasimhan
  • " With due respects I submit this is a ver wrong and misleading statement ...

we are talking of a 2500 yr old Faith - against mankind ! "

Sir,

Buddism is 2500 year old faith.

Mankind is said to be traced back to minimum 70000 years atleast .. (with DNA results and what not)...

Thus - your statement " All of us must have been a Buddhist or a jain once upon a time " is misleading and very much wrong Sir.

That I put 2500 yr old Faith against (70000 yr old ) mankind ...

Nothing against Lord Buddha ... or Buddism against Mankind.

Incidentally we did have discussion that Lord Buddha figures in the Dasavathara list of Lord Vishnu - replacing Krishna !!

Search : Buddha Sareera .. !! you will find these details !!

You can find this in the main entrance of Belur Chennakesava Perumal temple - where St Ramanujar preacher the Hoysala Monarch ( VV) and in the back drop, amidst creeper designs, inside the circles - Lord Buddha does figure !!

I think Vijay does have this photograph .. he mentioned nice sculptures at Belur in his poetry in stone blog.

I also recall in " Deyvathin Kural" from the Great Sage of Kanchi ::

"" Anaadhi... that did not have the beginning...

Hinduism.... such name surfaced re Hinduism ... when other religions did surface later... ""

And we do see presence of Hinduism in Turkey - Egypt - russia - East - Far East and Peru .. what not..

We have moved far away from Manickavasagar.

Sir, I would like to windup this subject.

sps
  • Re: MAASAATHAN @ AYYANAR & THIRUKKURAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters