PSVP: 1000th Year Celebration of The Big Temple
  • Hi All

We could make more for Sadhaya Vizha celebrations every year as follows:

1) PSVP actively involving Vizha Committee and getting permissions to conduct performances such as

a) Vizha tv coverage for 2 days
    b) Arranging Media Presence(celebration news, photos in all news papers, tvs)
    c) Vizha flyers to schools and colleges(PSVP members from different area can undertake to issue the flyers to their areas like I can do it for my place)

2) PSVP's active participation in 1000th year celebration
    a) If possible Rajaraja Cholan Oorvalam going through main streets of Thanjavur with varities of traditional music bands
    b) If possible Rajaraja Cholan programmes at regional capitals, centres, ports such as Madurai, Kanjipuram, Uraiyur(Trichy), Nagapattinam, PSVP able to get all permissions to demonstrate these

3) Commercial:
    a) 1000 TV episodes of Ponniyin Selvan will be 1000 production units, I am ready to buy 1.
    b) Monthly tour from different parts of TN(advert through TV programmes, news papers) covering Thanjavur, Kallanai, Kumbakonam, Tarasuram, KK Puram, Puhar.

I welcome all PSVP members ideas on it.
  • VV,

The plan looks very great and attractive.

But we need lot of manpower and resources to do this. We need to have
    dedicated people to work for.

In reality this is just a discussion forum, but we went one step further to
    conduct a peruvizha in august-2009. I know how we struggled to conduct this
    function. In fact only two souls worked very hard to conduct that function
    successfully, one is SPS and other is Venket. All others, though had
    willingness not able to work beyond some extent because of their own
    agenda/family/work (including me). Thiru & Myself planned a lot to upgrade
    the Ponniyin Selvan website and Bigtemple website with lot of information
    but I was unable to work on it due to my work, but thiru somehow managed to
    upgrade the ponniyinselvan site.

I am not discouraging, but we need to have a look into the lesson learnt and
    work together to find solutions.

To start with we can plan one or two activities and create a committee with
    interested people who can work for that. If we plan for lot of activities we
    need dedicated people, for which we need to generate lot of money.

Anything is possible. But no one responded so far why??!!??
  • Hi Satheesh

Thaks for your reply.

Everybody in this forum someway are engaged on day to day life.

We are all thank you for dedicating yourselves for the recent sadaya vizha.

We could put an online portal to engage people themselves untertaking activities as individuals/teams.
    Further commercial activities could be an engine run the portal itself.

The idea of making "Ponniyin Selvan" TV program is all of our dream. The money we need probably more than 100 million RS but if you break down 100 million to 1000 x 100,000 units, it become interesting!

So 30 mins TV episode for 100000 RS may not seem possible but it is possible if we use brand new resources such as new actors, new directors possibly things may work. May be some of us participate in these. Current sellable audience are above 40 years old so it is a big risk.

So if not possible this time atleast we dream about it so it might happen!

Here the other activities we can make it for 1000th year celebration.

1) Rajaraja urvalam - A pretend session of Rajaraja visiting from Thanjavur to Uraiyur on horse(I am not sure he used horse or elephant) with his aides. If this seems big and tedious for getting permission from national highways, police authorities atleast we can make it Nagarvalam with in Thanjavur.

2) Traditional musics/dances and hosting competitions

3) Distributing notice flyers: I can undertake this definitely.

I invite you all to develop this matter further.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters