Egmore Museun Exhibition - Copper Plates
  • 1st and 2 nd images Pallava Copper plates
    3rd and 4th : Thiruvalangadu copper Plates
    5. Esalam Copper plates

anbudan / sps
  • Thank you dear Thiru.

yesterday I could make a visit to Egmore Museum.

Last year I visited Singapore Museum with Vijay and I cant help but recall the same. Egmore museum deserves much better attention.

l ... Since hailing from Cauvery delta area - I used to think it is the Thiruvalangadu near Thiruvavaduthurai ( Adheenam ) in Kumbkm - Mayavaram (Mayiladuthurai) Road.

Later on realised this Thiruvalangadu is on the way to Thiruttani.

Whenever I visited this temple (karikkal ammayar in the form of Paey walked through her head it is said .. and Siva Parvathi re-enacted the dance for her exclusively over here !) I go around the compound wall from where this Copper plate was found ....

When our Dear Venkat posted the details of this Exhibition - I was so thrilled... but some how could not make it till late yesterday...

Velanchery - Karandhai - Thiruvalangadu and Esalam Copper plates were displayed and there was a lonely lady sitting - awaiting the closing hours !! From the Visitors book - found about 175 persons visited the exhibition.

The Thiruvalangadu copper plates are put in a RING - (about 1" thick ring) with a Seal (about 8" - 9" dia RAJENDRA SEAL ) and the Diameter of the Holding ring easily the size of a Scooter wheel !

onsciousness of the Time !!

As Kalki very rightly observed - I transcended back by about 1000 years - recalling the Golden period of our mother land - Tamilnadu in particular.

Just sent some photos taken through my mobile phone to Thiru and he is kind enough to post the same in our Group.

thanks Dear Thiru .. thank you so much.

Text and other details are avl in Vol III - SII (ref. whatisindia.com)

regards / sps

============

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters