Best Wishes for the peruvizha!
  • Best wishes to the Organizers.
    I am not lucky enough to attend this event. Waiting for the event dvd!
  • Praying a grand success and hoping to see many more kindled souls joining
    our group soon
  • Wishing the Peruvizha a grand success!!!
    RegardsVardhini
  •   "பெருவிழா வெற்றி அடைய
       மனம் கனிந்த வாழ்த்துக்கள்".

ஹனீபா
    குவைத்

Haneefa Abdul Majeed
    SARSS Operator Associate,
    Stock Control, GSD, Camp Arifjan, Kuwait.
    Phone: 00965-2389-7073, Cell: 00965-6661-2049

" And Do Not Walkon the Earth with Arrogance"
  • My dear members,
    I don’t how far I am competent to report about the Ponniyin Seven Peru Vizha. However with a little knowledge I narrate the great instances by omitting the routine happenings.
    In the morning session, our beloved madam Seetha Ravi's speech is excellent.. He brought the message from our respectable Kalki's Puthalvan Rajendran and read the message to our members. He appreciated the various efforts taken by PSVP.
    The authors of PSV were honored by Madam Seetha Ravi and Great Vairamuthu. The authors contributions are greatly recognized.
    The Ponniyin Selvan chitrappadam by Ramesh, and the power point presentations of Athichanallur Agalvukal by sathyamurthi, Periyakoil Paintings by Raman made every member to fell the difficulties in culling out the truth and really PS chittrappadam made every body more happy.
    Then it is followed by Arasa kavinger Vairamuthu's speech. His excellent Tamil speech took all members to heaven. He also appreciated the various efforts of the PSVP and contributed Rs 25000 to our Peravai for its development.. No body anticipated the great donations by Naveena Seethakathi. We all the members should thank him for his guidance and contribution.
    The afternoon session, was contacted in Bharathia vidya bhavan Mylapore. PSVP gave very delicious meals. The meal is really tastiest and excellent, which could be evidenced from the empty covers thrown in to the dustbin. 
    Our beloved Venkatesh contacted the ponniyin selvan quiz and gave prizes who answered the questions. One madam I hope her name may be chandrika? answered all the questions but in a very very low voice only very near to her hear them. I hope I only heard. She should be very brilliant and seems to be not have sufficient courage to tell loudly. However for one question no body answered and she is able to get one prize for the answer to the question..
    In the after session, our beloved vikraman,kalki's grant daughter respectable Gowri Ramanarayan madam, padmavasan, kumaravel and sri ram were in the dais. Our heartfelt friend Muruganathan asked the precious questions to them and in response they narrated their interactions with Kalki and his contributions. Vikraman narrated the instances which we never heared so far. Gowri madam narrated how he brought up along with kalki's writings. Kumaravel tells how he enjoyed and make others enjoyable while dramatizing the Ponniyin Selvan. They showed some of clippings of Ponniyin selvan drama. The great artist Padavasan, informed how he was careful in painting the various characters of kalki and Sriram brought the various instances how kalki reviewed music. The way he presented is much attractive. The functions closed after the national anthem. Again it is not closed. The organizers gave evening snacks and coffee.
    We have to thank SPS and Vekatesh, Muruganathan and all the persons who contributed their efforts for success of the great functions. We all necessarily to thank the son of venkatesh, young chap, having same cheerfulness of vanidya devan, (Why? He is really Vandiya Devan 2009) who goes here and there for making the function more success.
    I request the members to have such meetings frequently. Why dont it be on 9..9.09?
  • Best wishes......
    I wish I could have attended!
    Anyway looking forward for many more functions like this

ILLAVARASI

• HI

Thak you Dr.Kailasam-

I along with Nivetha pathipagam swaminathan were searching for you to discuss about your novel.

I have given him your number/ card. wish to see your wrings in print.
  • Thank you dear for your kind help.YoursDr L Kailasam
  • How to get a copy of event DVD? Currently I am in US.

regards & thanks

Yuva
  • HI

a month full of interactions with the open house guests was helpful and sometimes not

vikraman ayya got a little warned of what we were going to ask

" did sadasivam or kalki family threaten you and forced you to remove nandini from nandipurathu nayaki?

he had his answer ready and spoke about it even before we asked the second question
    shots from magic lantern s ponniyin selvan were shown and explained by kumaravel. the director pravin and punithavathi madam who acted as sembiyan madevi were introduced.

sriram told us about one kalki review of bakta prahalada where the critic tears to pieces the movie. vikraman in turn told us about how all the affected parties criticised kalki's thyagaboomi when it came out. like " people in glass houses should not throw stones.

in gowri madams speech she told the story of sivakami 25 years after the vathapi war on how, mahendra, narsimha and pulikesi viewed her only as a commodity and not as a woman.
    somebody in the audience whispered that sivakami dies 10 years after vathapi war( according to parthiban kanavu)

in the quiz we asked who acted as thozhi to kunthavi in the movie parthiban kanavu. the anwer we thought would be tough but ten hands went up and the answer saroja thevi was mentioned effortlessly/

venketesh
  • Venkat, am very curious to know what was Vikraman ayya's response. And if possible can you share some more of Smt Gowri's observations on SS?

BTW Sivakami does not die 10 years after the war. There is no timeline mentioned. Sivakami apparently raises young Kundavi to adulthood after her mother passes away and puts up with lot of gossip in palace on her relationship with Narasimha. Kundavi is around 3-4 years when war ends so if you add how long it took for year to become say 18 it is probably 15.

M
  • Hi maloo

in parthiban kanavu it is mentioned somewhere that sivakamiy ammaiyar also passed away.

vikraman foresaw our question and said there were copyright issues for other books at that time and hence he wanted to keep out the charecters of kalki in ps from nandipurathu nayaki

gowri gave us a cd of flame of the forest. i shall send it to you thro venu.

venketesh
  • Hi Venkat, I would love to see flame of the forest!! Thank you!!

Yes it is mentioned that Sivakami ammaiyar passes away but not in 10 years. The 'athai' outlives all of them, she entertains the older king narasimha at ayanar's workshop/house and that is how we get a glimpse into the author's thoughts. I have often wondered the story through athai's eyes would make a wonderful sequel :)) Have also wondered about what Kalki mentions on palace gossip on the sivakami narasimha post war relationship after his wife dies. Kings having dancers as wives was very common and Mahendra had plenty himself, what was there to gossip? Perhaps Sivakami had some sort of a double life where to the outside world she was uninvolved..or perhaps she was really only taking care of Kundavi and uninvolved with the king..in any case interesting lines of thought..

M
  • Hi Maloo

> Yes it is mentioned that Sivakami ammaiyar passes away but not in 10 years.

arithmetic arithmetic.
    how old was kunthavi in parthiban kanavu
    not more than 14
    byt ehn sivakami had passed away.
    kundavi was 2 0r 3 when sivakami returned from vathapi.
    so QED

venketesh

The 'athai' outlives all of them, she entertains the older king narasimha at ayanar's workshop/house and that is how we get a glimpse into the author's thoughts. I have often wondered the story through athai's eyes would make a wonderful sequel :)) Have also wondered about what Kalki mentions on palace gossip on the sivakami narasimha post war relationship after his wife dies. Kings having dancers as wives was very common and Mahendra had plenty himself, what was there to gossip? Perhaps Sivakami had some sort of a double life where to the outside world she was uninvolved..or perhaps she was really only taking care of Kundavi and uninvolved with the king..in any case interesting lines of thought..
    >
    > M
    >
  • 14 venkat? I was thinking on the lines of 16-18...it takes that long for a young girl to fall in love atleast :))
  • Hi Malathi

Adhu andhakalam !! Pinchileye pazhuthavargal .....

I guess our generation guys and gals are now mentally more matured !!
  • >
    > Adhu andhakalam !! Pinchileye pazhuthavargal .....
    >
    >
    > I guess our generation guys and gals are now mentally more matured

i would say in the decades of 60s and 70s- school kaathal
    decades of 80s 90s college- kaathal
    ipo vellaam much later

pity i would say

school the body tells you to fall in love
    college your mind tells you
    if its later it would more propably be more materielistic kaathal

venketesh

!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Best Regards
    > Ganesh Kumar Ramanathan
    > Cisco Systems|No 10 MG Road |Bangalore 560 001
    > Email: ganeskum@cisco. com
    > Hand Phone : +91 9880107856
    > Direct Phone: +91 80 4159 3129
    >
    > Green Globe. Think before you print.
    >
    > ________________________________
    >
  • DEAR YUVA,

WILL REQUEST OUR DEAR RAVI VENU - TO CARRY SOME CDs/ DVDs to USA MEMBERS..

MRS. SEETHALAKSHMI'
    YOURSELF
    SATISH ARUN
    MALATHI.
    VAIRAM.

regards/ sps

==========

> How to get a copy of event DVD? Currently I am in US.
    >
    >
    >
    > regards & thanks
    >
    > Yuva
    >
    >
    >
  • - WOW... YOU JUST INTRIGUED MY INTEREST... MALATHI.

VENKAT - PAVITHRA - YOURSELF OR ANY ONE - PLS CONFIRM :

WHETHER "KUNDAVAI" WAS REAL NAME OF NARASIMHA's DAUGHTER ?

best regards /

sps
  • Dear SPs, according to Kalki it was KUNDAVI not KUNDAVAI. What it was really historically am not sure.
  • Dear SPS,

That's awesome. Thanks a lot. My participation of the Peruvizha would be
    after getting the DVD and while watching the programme.

regards & thanks

Yuva

Desk: 732-379-3934

Mobile: 732-763-8525
  • Dear members,
     Can any body tell what is the maximum age of kadal?. Later or aged  kadal many times leads to lot of diffculties.e.g. periya pazuvettiayar affection with nandini, who misused his powers to make an attempt to destroy the chola emperor ?
    What is the optimum age of kadal??

• Irubhail aadamal arubhadhil aadi enna payan ?? Thiru prabhudevar avargal solliya karuthhu idhu.

One can fall into love at any age as long as :

1. He / she does not have other relationship to mess up with

2. If the above is true, then you should not have comitted that "after me all my wealth is for you" - then the beneficiary will make your life as well as the one of "love-of your-life" miserable. (Or u should not have too much of estate to leave behind)

3. It should be two thalai kaadhal. At 60-70 to fall in love as oru thalai kadhal is more painful

4. You should have the romance within you still. Otherwise life becomes difficult. Love needs pampering devotion of time and you should be able to provide both.

If you fullfill these criteria, you are all set to fall in love. Go for it ..
  • Hi Sps,

Kundavi of PK was fictional character. I dont think there are any references
    to that name in Pallava inscriptions. There is however one lovely name
    Gommai ( dhivakar sir had used it as the name of Gunabara - mahendra's
    sister. I was preparing a post on the Vallam valleswarar cave of Mahendra
    when i read the reference to that name. Gommai. what a wonderful tamil name.
    Btw, the other two caves in vallam have a unique distinction - anybody want
    to check and answer why??

below article of varalaaru ( in tamil ) on gommai incriptions.
  • even VT would have failed in point 1 & 2
    I guess point 3 and 4 dont hold good for westerners :-)

- R
  • கொம்மை = திரட்சி, மேடு, மார்பு, வட்டம், பெருமை, இளமை, அடுப்புக்குமிழ், கைகுவித்துக் கொட்டுதல்

நடராஜன்.
  • I disagree on the whole thing...marriage at any age..marriage is a responsible decision one takes with some thought,preferably after both man and woman are employed and have learnt enough maturity and financial stability to start a family. I remember the number of teenagers eloping when 'Alaigal Oyvadhillai' was released in my younger years..Why aare we pointing fingers at western world for teenage pregnancies when we encourage marriage at 'any age'??

Second points 3 and 4 are totally contradictory..if you have romance in you you can find love at any age..in my own family i have had men and women marry after all family responsiblites to similar people in 40s and 50s..in fact one of my older cousins and her husband are fondly called 'Kundavai and Vandiyadevan' due to similarities :)) Hope is for everyone and not limited by age - and am very confused why Ravi thinks this is not true in the western world in fact older people getting married is very very common :))

M
  • Can you guys branch out to different thread please ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters