• arambuthularunthu kulappam than.
    one point kalki mentions he gave the baby to awarkadiyan to bring up.
    another place alwarkadiyan himself says he found the bay abandoned.

the sati scene obviously inspired by around the world in eighty days as well as 3 musketeers is also out of place.

venketesh
  • Actually there is a saying about the Ramayana that wehrever it is read Lord Hanuman will be there listening - like that wherever PS is read this question will inevitably be there like a companion. Sodhapittaar..simple answer guys read Kalki's better works and feel better that is all :))
  • Sodhapittaar..simple answer guys read Kalki's better works and feel better that is all :))

hi maloo
    better or popular? thats the question.
    inspite of all its short comings PS tops the list

but why did the short comings rise?
    was it because he wrote weekly ( and was enthused by a need to finish each section with a flourish)
    also he couldnt get back to correct what he had commited and printed early

like vishwak senan si ays he never gives an unfinished story to the magazine though it is serialised.

venketesh

>
  • Yes Venkat that is what I said..better and popular are two different things.. PS undoubtedly tops the 'popular' list, not the 'better' one atleast in my humble opionion :)
  • dear all,

I was just reading Ponniyin Selvan bk 5 the other day and i realised just how complex a character Nandini is. Everything about her raised several questions in mind. these questions are very common questions which would have come up by all who read the buks. All these questions finally come together to form one major question : who really is Nandini? 

I would like to know your comments and opinions about her. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters