"Kulothunga Cholan Ulaa"
  • Dear Sivapathasekaran & Gokul,

While thanking both of you on your kind remarks, I wonder
    whether you were able to go through my 'Research Article' in Tamil scanned & uploaded into the PSVP File section under the caption "Virarajendra PDF"

This article is a research study on the 'two verses' in the medieval period Tamil Literary work titled "Kulothunga Chola Ulaa", which confirms the war expediions sent by Rajendra Chola - 1 and Kulothunga Cholan - 1 to South-East Asia.

These two verses and its historically valuable contents were 'highlighted' for the 'first time' to the Historians of the South Indian Studies at the 6th International Tamil Conferance held in 1987 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, wherein I read a Paper on the subject "The Medieval Chola Empire and it's relations with Malaysia and Indonesia".

I trust this article will be of interest to the Members & Research Scholars, who have still not had access to the "Kulothunga Cholan Ulaa" which has been put into print from the "Ola Leaf Manuscript' form and published by the Sarafoji Saraswathi Mahal Library of Thanjavur, from where I purchased a Copy in 1980.

Anbudan Virarajendra

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters