Where there is a will there is a way
  • http://www.hindu.com/2009/05/06/stories/2009050660050900.htm

Where there is a will there is a way

G. Veerapandian

CHENNAI: When journalists went in search of G. Veerapandian, a Plus-Two topper in the year 2000, he was making `parottas' at a roadside eatery in Madurai.

Reacting to his achievement without taking a break from work, he said he would make it to the civil services one day and become an IAS officer.

Nine years later, Mr. Veerapandian accomplished his ambition by securing the 53rd rank in the All India Civil Services Examination, the results of which were announced on Monday.

Poverty was no hurdle to this youth who is the first graduate in the family.

His father S.R. Ganesan sells utensils and his mother G. Perumalakkal, who till recently was a conservancy worker in a private hospital, now works as a domestic help. His younger brother and sister are school dropouts.

The government had deposited Rs. 1 lakh in his name for higher education and the Loyola College, Chennai, gave him a free seat.

With Sociology and Tamil literature as optional subjects, he underwent coaching in the Anna Institute of Management. After clearing the preliminary examination and missing the service by a single mark last year, Mr. Veerapandian made it in his fifth attempt.

"While continuing my efforts, I taught civil service aspirants at a coaching centre to earn a living. My inspiration came from a book on the life history of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. Lack of facilities or resources should not be hurdles when it comes to pursuing academic goals," he said.
  • MOTIVATING POSTING.

THANK YOU DEAR VAIRAM..

best regards / sps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters